Zavage or EP? Which one is better in this team setup in your view?

Zaul lead, Zihilus, SA, Sith Trooper

I've been holding on to some zetas but haven't pulled the trigger on Zavage yet, but I am noticing more Zauls on my shard now. Is Zavage a better option than EP vs another Zaul team that lacks Zavage?

Replies

• bitmoji
    143 posts Member
    Options
    in general that team plus zavage dominates that team with EP. Mods do make a difference, because lots of people just try to make SA as fast as possible with no allowance for making sure that SA does as much damage as possible. By the same token, a slow, tanky low damage Zavage will not help as much. He needs to be fast, tanky, with good CD. His speed is important because having another one-shot possibility is a big deal, and also you want him to clean as much as possible, which is dependent partially on speed (you cant just trust that he will get crit dmg and TM, because of the zaul lead mechanic).

my two cents. the team you describe is my sith team and the one our resident whale uses, it is really top of the food chain in my opinion
  • Options
    I run Zaul and if i see EP i go for him first because he's fragile. I save Zavage for Annihiliate, which should tell you what my opinion is :)
  • Options
    Gotcha. My gut tells me a Zavage with good protection primaries and speed secondaries will be effective ..

My only concern was dropping EP takes away a good AoE aspect of the squad, but it seems like Zavage makes up for it
  • Options
    Zavage is great in that set up. SA and STrooper ignoring protection sets up Savage to use overpower through high amounts of protection. When on offense if you take out opponent Zader/Boba/DH, Savage becomes virtually unkillable.
  • Options
    zSavage all the way. You won't regret it. Palp is too squishy, and just a one-shot AoE stun, which often misses.