I'll Have a Chirrut Hold The Baze?

Nikoms565
14242 posts Member
I did alright in the Chirrut tournament a while back and have had decent luck farming him in fleet. My question is does anyone run Chirrut in high level arena without Baze?

Would he work in Rex+GK triple cleanse team with say Nihilus and Zylo?

I can probably buckle down and unlock Baze through shipments - but was wondering if anyone has had success run him without his bodyguard.
In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
*This space left intentionally blank*

Replies

• Yes he would work in that team. Good standalone toon.

Baze far outperforms Kylo in that team, however. With Baze being farmable and completely viable at 3* my advice is to farm his buddy.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Without an auto taunt it's a risk because he's squishy.

But yes GK should be good to protect him and there are higher priority targets in that team.

The funny part is baze without chirrut is oddly not as effective as I would have thought.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Might be overkill, as both Rex and Chirrut can also throw tenacity up. But then again, maybe overkill would be good against the xurrent dark meta.
  • Too squishy. You'd be better off with boba or b2.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    You honestly want both to run them in arena. Baze's uniques give Chirrut more health and provides the immediate taunt and a taunt whenever chirrut is taken under 100% health. Chirruts HOTs also only get applied to rebel allies so he would be the only one receiving the HOTs when he is critically hit. If you can unlock Baze and run a high starred Chirrut and 3* baze you'd be in a solid position. I'd say I wouldn't run him alone though, despite being a great character.
  • I see him Bazeless in rebels teams or rebel hybrid teams, a lot easier to handle without his bud. Even with the HoTs he goes down pretty easy with fast, hard hitting attackers.
  • Once he's protection is gone he can be one shot easily. Which is why he needs protection around him. You would do well on offense maybe but on defence you would get targeted to due to lack of protection for your big hitters (nihilus and chirrut).
  • I've ran solo chirrut before with some success. I used him with a nihlus lead so he could equalize and cleanse
  • I hear that the following team works:
    Nihilus Z Lead, Zooku, Palp, GK and Chirrut (although Sith Assassin might be better in this spot)
    I will try this team next week.
  • Tigzie
    579 posts Member
    You want a baze chirrut on his own is pretty weak replace him with another toon or grab a BAZE is best option
  • KeyMan64x wrote: »
    I hear that the following team works:
    Nihilus Z Lead, Zooku, Palp, GK and Chirrut (although Sith Assassin might be better in this spot)
    I will try this team next week.

That's what I ran, it was really good.
  • cw8
    98 posts Member
    I'm using Chirrut in my EP led Sith arena team atm. I'm only level 77 but I put all the best speed mods on Chirrut so that he goes first in arena when fighting the many DN led Sith teams. Fire Tenacity Up right at the start and watch the AI waste the enemy Siths' debuff moves.

I just got Baze at 3* from saving arena crystals. He's still too squishy at g7, see how he is at g8.