Darth Nihlus Buff

Replies

• Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Jizzaouse wrote: »
    I never see nihilus in arena. Maybe if you gave him stun on his aoe he would be used more.

Lol. What level are you and when did you start playing? He's in almost every team on my December 2015 shard....even the triple cleanse Rex/GK/Chaze ones.

I just couldnt help myself. I figured the sarcasm was obvious. my DN sits at 246 speed.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    tkl wrote: »
    The leader ability is also useless compared to zaul or zader as well

This is ironic, mainly because there is a thread also on the front page about a DN lead + Dooku is overpowered.

Nihilus is fine as is.
    It's not ironic, it's just false. Nihilus is one of the best characters in game.

Maybe at 220+ speed but no way otherwise
    He needs high speed or someone to carry his speed. SA / Maul for example. He is absolutely insane, this thread is false.
  • I could not imagine a team without Nihilus honestly
  • 3Cheers4Tyranny
    2084 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

This is ironic, mainly because there is a thread also on the front page about a DN lead + Dooku is overpowered.

Nihilus is fine as is.
    It's not ironic, it's just false. Nihilus is one of the best characters in game.

He needs high speed or someone to carry his speed. SA / Maul for example. He is absolutely insane, this thread is false.

False? Far from it! This thread is asking for a simple buff, coming from an honest thought.
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    I could not imagine a team without Nihilus honestly

Clone team,droid team,ZQGJ teams,wiggs,empire teams,etc.
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    I call hacks or you have some whale mods[/quote]

What are whale mods?
  • Sith1 wrote: »
    I call hacks or you have some whale mods

What are whale mods?[/quote]

Mods with at least an added amount of 120 speed
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Nihilus is fine as is.

False? Far from it! This thread is asking for a simple buff, coming from an honest thought.
    OK, but he needs none.

I could not imagine a team without Nihilus honestly

Clone team,droid team,ZQGJ teams,wiggs,empire teams,etc.
    All get crushed by a decked Nihilus team. Best team in the game has Nihilus on it lol.
    Sith1 wrote: »
    I call hacks or you have some whale mods

You need sick mods, sure, but that's a given for any character. Speed of course.
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    Hmmm I want some of those the fastest I can get tfp is 246
    That is slow, no offense.

That's pretty easy tbh
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    lol
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Nihilus lead is often the only way I can beat Chaze teams in GW
  • Make him damage immune while his OHK is on cooldown
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    stumpoman wrote: »
    Make him damage immune while his OHK is on cooldown

Yes and make him do everything
    lol

:/
    lol
    XD that was an abrupt turn

stumpoman wrote: »
    Make him damage immune while his OHK is on cooldown

Yes and make him do everything
    Honestly, I'm ok with this.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    @3Cheers4Tyranny

hmm, my DN is 3 stars, gear 10, with a speed of 186. Under Rex tho so i don't need top speed secondary mods. and i do ok in arena, mostly somewhere from 10 to 15.

no whale mods, no whale anything, purely f2p. None of my arena squad's totally max'd, in fact, 2 of 5 are at Gear 10 (and neither are anywhere close to gear 11, they're both at 0 or 1 out of 6 pieces, actually...).

so my arena team power is always 2 to 6k under the teams i beat... yet somehow it's possible. DN is a big part of that. So if you think he needs a buff.... honestly then i'm curious what toons you're using with him or what teams you're fighting that you're having trouble with.
  • Tigzie
    579 posts Member
    DN is an incredible toon. If you disagree you're not using him right, as with everything in this game mod well :)
  • True that. I think they need to get rid of the initial annihilate cool down.
    #makenihilusgreatagain
  • WOW thread :)

Also, his leader is very good and can create some elite level comps. The GG / meta report site vastly undersells him as a team leader.
  • tkl wrote: »
    How would you propose they buff him?

He needs a better leader ability IMO. Nobody uses his leader ability. His basic is okay, maybe leave that depending on his other buffs. His OHK special is useless because the AI targets him before he can use it anyway.

His basic is very good since it dispells and i really like his force drain its an ability block for 1 turn and it cant be dispelled.Yes his knockout does take time to use in arena and by the time he finally gets to use it you either won or theres 1 person left

Yeah, but what's the point of his basic if the enemy team just dodges most of the time anyways?

Lol you're right about that.Then his force drain is the only thing that makes him pretty good because it buys time for you to think on how to deal with the opponents special attack

His force drain isn't even really that good. It's basically just another ability block for one round. Jedi knight guardian is just as useful. His one hit kill isn't that great either, by the time it comes off of cooldown my tie fighter pilot could have killed someone faster
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member

He needs a better leader ability IMO. Nobody uses his leader ability. His basic is okay, maybe leave that depending on his other buffs. His OHK special is useless because the AI targets him before he can use it anyway.

His basic is very good since it dispells and i really like his force drain its an ability block for 1 turn and it cant be dispelled.Yes his knockout does take time to use in arena and by the time he finally gets to use it you either won or theres 1 person left

Yeah, but what's the point of his basic if the enemy team just dodges most of the time anyways?

Lol you're right about that.Then his force drain is the only thing that makes him pretty good because it buys time for you to think on how to deal with the opponents special attack

His force drain isn't even really that good. It's basically just another ability block for one round. Jedi knight guardian is just as useful. His one hit kill isn't that great either, by the time it comes off of cooldown my tie fighter pilot could have killed someone faster

Ability block can be resisted, cleansed, and gives speed to kylo
  • StarwarsrawratS
    206 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    DatBoi wrote: »

Ability block can be resisted, cleansed, and gives speed to kylo

That's why I said basically. Granted if you already used your specials then it adds another turn. You can't cleanse if your cleanser is ability blocked. But most cases it's like boba going first and ability blocking all 5 toons. Granted it's a little better, but nihilus doesn't scare me in the least, he's always defeated before he can use anihilate.
  • RWTD_Burn
    141 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Darth Nihilus is found on 74% of the #1 teams (General Kenobi is 2nd with only 48%) and 64% of the top 10 teams (2nd is EP at 46%). No other character can be found more often on top teams than Nihilus. He's not the best leader unless you have the perfect maxed, geared team (Read: Dooku) with the right mods but it's clear that he's one of the best characters in the game right now. He's one of those rare characters that is perfectly balanced so that he very powerful and useful when placed on the correct team yet very beatable when not. He's perfectly fine the way he is.

https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/10/#all
    RWTD_Burn - Bears with Sabers
    https://swgoh.gg/u/rwtdBurn/
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    RWTD_Burn wrote: »
    Darth Nihilus is found on 74% of the #1 teams (General Kenobi is 2nd with only 48%) and 64% of the top 10 teams (2nd is EP at 46%). No other character can be found more often on top teams than Nihilus. He's not the best leader unless you have the the perfect maxed, geared team with the right mods but it's clear that he's one of the best characters in the game right now. He's one of those rare characters that is perfectly balanced so that he very powerful and useful when placed on the correct team yet very beatable when not. He's perfectly fine the way he is.

https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/10/#all

This all day. The meta is basically "protect DN"... If anything he needs a nerf, but I don't really think that's required either.
  • You should just quit the game if you think Nihilus is under powered. Obviously you have no idea what you're doing... I mean... seriously, of all the things to complain about, he's 1 of the most well balanced toons...
  • I'm sensing a troll thread. Nihilus would be better if he made me pancakes and coffee every morning. Any other buff? No.
  • Nihilus is literally so powerful that entire teams are made with the sole objective of 'protect the Nihilus'. Any buffs you give him to make him better outside of those teams are just going to make those teams even more effective than they already are.

Also, with his play-rate being 74% (!) in rank 1 teams, I'd say he's being pretty successful right now.
  • You are all scrubs. Nihilus is clearly under powered.
This discussion has been closed.