Game Update - 4/25/2017 Comments and Questions ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• The General Veers rework looks great. Also, I love the fact that r2's burning debuff is basically evasion down combined with DoT.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Rizn wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Nihilus "farmable" from a single hard node... Should have seen this coming from greedy EA... And no, the shart shop doesn't count.

Why doesn't it count?

The exchange rate is ridiculous, so it doesn't speed the farming up significantly unless you devote all other resources to it.

Lots of players will have stockpiles of various currencies. I've already purchased 30 shards and plan on either 10 or 20 each day until he's rotated out. Should be able to cut at least five months off the hard mode farm in two weeks.
  • Why can't we get Biker Scout? We face them in cantina node 1-A. And why not use some of these characterless nodes in cantina to put different characters than the ones already used? I like the next update but there are some other things that could be fixed.
  • Oh and shore trooper is to dang hard to farm!!!
  • We need 5 empire,but at what rarity?
    Firstordet & sith ?
    Need some help!
    Thank's!
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    cr1sr1z wrote: »
    We need 5 empire,but at what rarity?
    Firstordet & sith ?
    Need some help!
    Thank's!

https://swgoh.gg/db/events/daring-droid-ffc891legendary-event/
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    cr1sr1z wrote: »
    We need 5 empire,but at what rarity?
    Firstordet & sith ?
    Need some help!
    Thank's!

Says nothing about first order or sith. So presumably don't need them. Prepare to need them for some future event, though.

The other 2 known "legendary" events are Yoda and Palpetine. They needed 5* Jedi, and Rebels, to unlock at 5*. And 7* to complete the event and 7* the toon. So aim for that: 5* empire to unlock, and all 6* or 7* for the upgrades.

Also, expect the final tier of this event to be tuned for lvl 85 g11, and thus be harder than Yoda or Palp events.
  • Ig88isboss wrote: »
    stumpoman wrote: »
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Doesn't R2's kit make rebels much more dangerous again? Just wondering

More like droids
    #droidsareback

Combat Analysis 8: While R2 is active, whenever a light side ally scores a critical hit, dispel all debuffs on them.

I can see Wiggs teams having a field day with this

Yep. Droids once again shafted.

Hopefully the update it to light side + droids

Nope. Cg hates the Droid faction apparently.

Unfortunately, with Star Wars Battlefront II coming up, EA will likely push back any Separatist/Droid updates they may have had in the works to match the release of the game (Due to it featuring prequel content), so it is unlikely we will get any Dark Side droids with droid synergy until then. On the bright side, when Star Wars Battlefront II is released, we will get an almost guaranteed Separatist/Droid update, and get B1 battle-droids, Droidekas, and more droids which will likely have strong droid synergies, and many characters will likely be reworked then. They may have even fixed the IG-88 bug by then. We just have to wait until late 2017 for the game to be released.
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I've only been playing for a little over a month now (lvl 67) and so far it seems as though every new character that has become farmable has been placed WELL outside my reach (stage 9 hard battles or stage 8 Cantina battles). However the First Order and Resistance characters are farmable from nodes that are much more accessible to newer players. As additional characters get released should I expect the R1 empire characters and new sith characters to get added to additional nodes that are accessible at lower levels?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Spyda wrote: »
    I've only been playing for a little over a month now (lvl 67) and so far it seems as though every new character that has become farmable has been placed WELL outside my reach (stage 9 hard battles or stage 8 Cantina battles). However the First Order and Resistance characters are farmable from nodes that are much more accessible to newer players. As additional characters get released should I expect the R1 empire characters and new sith characters to get added to additional nodes that are accessible at lower levels?

No, they are unlikely to add them to additional nodes.
  • @CG_NotReallyAJedi

Okay, it's really difficult waiting on these "Trooper" updates. Do we really have to wait until next week? LOL! Could we get some hints as to what's coming?
  • @CG_NotReallyAJedi

Okay, it's really difficult waiting on these "Trooper" updates. Do we really have to wait until next week? LOL! Could we get some hints as to what's coming?

I'm just REALLY holding out for a koopa troopa, man, that'd go so well with Veers.
    KoopaTroopaMKWAnimatedSelect.gif

Or a Chibi At-At...
    76f3832e3959e3d5f471957bb497eb7f.jpg
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    @CG_NotReallyAJedi

I'm just REALLY holding out for a koopa troopa, man, that'd go so well with Veers.

A Koopa-Troopa would probably hit harder than the existing Troopers. LOL! I'm sure many of us are thinking about gearing up Veers and getting him ready but it's hard to make that decision without knowing what's coming.

Post edited by Darth_Jay77 on
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    FYI, this event will likely be back in late November/December for the new movie considering it's a "rare" event. That being said, I'm looking forward to R2!
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Will Jedi get the Galactic Republic tag?
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    The0n3 wrote: »
    Will Jedi get the Galactic Republic tag?

Take a look
  • stumpoman wrote: »
    Not everyone got Yoda or Palpatine the first time they were around either. Farm some Empire and get R2 next time if you really want him.

And there were many players frustrated with that, many of whom are here now, telling the people that are currently frustrated that they shouldn't be. It was ok to be upset then, but apparently not now. Awesome.
  • Man!....What I wouldn't give to un-gear some of my characters!!!!

• It's from a datamine. It's unreliable information at this point.

• It's from a datamine. It's unreliable information at this point.
    Kay thanks my friend sent it to me I was worried they already were increasing the lvl cap
  • My concern is a price tagg of 5000...
  • Startomsto wrote: »
    My concern is a price tagg of 5000...

Seems about right. Lot of value there.
  • @CG_NotReallyAJedi

KoopaTroopaMKWAnimatedSelect.gif

Or a Chibi At-At...
    76f3832e3959e3d5f471957bb497eb7f.jpg
    Horde-Trooper-Army.jpg?resize=768%2C465

• You better put all your resource now toward 5 seven star empire so you can pounce on 5 star cause it will be maybe 6 months before the event is back.
  • NOT ENOUGH NOTICE! We had but a few days to prepare and not many people have a good enough Empire team to beat it!

I have 7*G10 Vader, G8 5* Palp, 5*G7 RG, 5*G7 Snowtrooper, and 6*G7 Tarkin

Do you think I could get him 5*? Please tell me I'm scared
    I Like Wicket. A Lot.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/c/chocolateytmc
  • They've given us plenty of time. Don't sweat it. It will be back. To answer your question, I would get the ones who aren't, to gear 8 at the least and you should be fine.
  • Chocolate wrote: »
    NOT ENOUGH NOTICE! We had but a few days to prepare and not many people have a good enough Empire team to beat it!

I have 7*G10 Vader, G8 5* Palp, 5*G7 RG, 5*G7 Snowtrooper, and 6*G7 Tarkin

Do you think I could get him 5*? Please tell me I'm scared

Unless it's drastically harder than the palpatine event you'll be fine and it probably won't be unless r2 himself is way stronger than palp, I cleared the 5* palp with 3 gear 6 characters and 2 gear 7 characters one of which was just scarif rebel pathfinder
  • Will the event last a whole week like the other two legendary events? I was not around when the other two legendary events were created so I don't know if they were around for a week or only a day or two and then changed to a week.
  • Both other events lasted 11 days the first time they were released
This discussion has been closed.