Thoughts on R2D2's raid impact?

Onark
104 posts Member
Deciding to 6* or 7* R2D2 can be a huge difference in resources spent and the main impact of that decision seems to be heroic raids.

I'm having trouble seeing where R2 helps out, thoughts?

Replies

• Raid2D2
  • I don't think it's much of a decision. If you have 5 6* toons then you unlock him at 6*. If you have 5 7* toons then you unlock him at 7*. I dunno why you would stop at 6* unless you don't want to spend the 1mil credits. If you need to level a toon to 7* to do it, then I would do it. Remember it will probably be 4-8 months before the event rolls around again.
  • Zanhaep
    358 posts Member
    I'm not sure whether I can get him to 7*. I don't see any Raid use for him, so I won't invest too much into Empire. I was going to gear up TIE Pilot and RG soon anyway, but not going to prioritise them over finishing my Clone team for AAT.
  • Onark
    104 posts Member
    I don't think it's much of a decision. If you have 5 6* toons then you unlock him at 6*. If you have 5 7* toons then you unlock him at 7*. I dunno why you would stop at 6* unless you don't want to spend the 1mil credits. If you need to level a toon to 7* to do it, then I would do it. Remember it will probably be 4-8 months before the event rolls around again.

My fault for being vague.

I'm very close to being able to take a shot at a 6* R2. I'm looking at spending thousands of crystals between my stash and refreshes to be able to go for a 7* R2.

If I'm only using R2 for arena, not a big deal. If the Droid has some quality raid impact, then it might be worth the splurge.

My gut is saying what you ended with though. He's not coming back for awhile so I should probably just go for it.
  • Best I'll get is 5* I'm ok with that, he'll be fun. In 8 months I'll get him to 7, no worries. He'll be a good little rebel to add to the 900 we already have.
  • Onark wrote: »
    I don't think it's much of a decision. If you have 5 6* toons then you unlock him at 6*. If you have 5 7* toons then you unlock him at 7*. I dunno why you would stop at 6* unless you don't want to spend the 1mil credits. If you need to level a toon to 7* to do it, then I would do it. Remember it will probably be 4-8 months before the event rolls around again.

My fault for being vague.

I'm very close to being able to take a shot at a 6* R2. I'm looking at spending thousands of crystals between my stash and refreshes to be able to go for a 7* R2.

If I'm only using R2 for arena, not a big deal. If the Droid has some quality raid impact, then it might be worth the splurge.

My gut is saying what you ended with though. He's not coming back for awhile so I should probably just go for it.

If he turns out to be a beast and you didn't invest in him, you will regret it. Who know's when he's coming back
  • Best I'll get is 5* I'm ok with that, he'll be fun. In 8 months I'll get him to 7, no worries. He'll be a good little rebel to add to the 900 we already have.

Soooo, why are you crying about Rebels? Last time I checked he was also a Droid, Republic and Resistance.