Nute Gunray, a new leader?

A lot of people overlooked that Nute Gunray's leader ability got buffed. Now Nute Gunray's ability will give all stealthed allies 55% critical chance and 50% turn meter on their first crit in a turn, now I don't think it's just a coincidence that they added R2-D2 at the same time. I think Nute could actually be a rebel leader essentially. R2-D2's Smoke Screen can give everyone stealth for two turns. When Nute is stealthed, he is guaranteed a crit and his basic gives him a 70% chance to gain stealth. The team I imagine is Nute lead with R2, Leia, Lando, and someone else (Geo Spy for constant stealth or sith assassin for direct damage). Leia stealths herself and can have a constant stealth, and when she attacks she has a chance to give crit chance up to all allies, with R2's unique tied with Leia's, Nute's leader ability can give stealthed allies 90% critical chance and 50% turn meter when they crit. This could allow the team to be twice as quick as any other team and hit significantly harder. Lando will be twice as fast and will be guaranteed crits (assuming the enemy doesn't have crit immunity). I don't think this will be meta defining (especially with maul) but It does sound good for raids and other areas of the game, i don't think it's a coincidence this ability got buffed as R2 was added with "Smoke Screen".

Replies

• Options
    PR01Zeus wrote: »
    A lot of people overlooked that Nute Gunray's leader ability got buffed. Now Nute Gunray's ability will give all stealthed allies 55% critical chance and 50% turn meter on their first crit in a turn, now I don't think it's just a coincidence that they added R2-D2 at the same time. I think Nute could actually be a rebel leader essentially. R2-D2's Smoke Screen can give everyone stealth for two turns. When Nute is stealthed, he is guaranteed a crit and his basic gives him a 70% chance to gain stealth. The team I imagine is Nute lead with R2, Leia, Lando, and someone else (Geo Spy for constant stealth or sith assassin for direct damage). Leia stealths herself and can have a constant stealth, and when she attacks she has a chance to give crit chance up to all allies, with R2's unique tied with Leia's, Nute's leader ability can give stealthed allies 90% critical chance and 50% turn meter when they crit. This could allow the team to be twice as quick as any other team and hit significantly harder. Lando will be twice as fast and will be guaranteed crits (assuming the enemy doesn't have crit immunity). I don't think this will be meta defining (especially with maul) but It does sound good for raids and other areas of the game, i don't think it's a coincidence this ability got buffed as R2 was added with "Smoke Screen".

Yup, I don't believe it is coincidence, either. And look at Dengar's abilities:
    9AdbtWC.png
    I believe he would synergize with them just as well.
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • Options
    Jawas
  • Options
    Shaunyvee wrote: »
    Jawas

Jawa could fit in this team as well, I figure they don't do enough damage though the only notable one to add might be jawa scavenger for his self stealthing capabilities and the ability to give his allies offense and defense up
  • Options
    Jawas

Jawa could fit in this team as well, I figure they don't do enough damage though the only notable one to add might be jawa scavenger for his self stealthing capabilities and the ability to give his allies offense and defense up

Yeah, maybe if they want jawas at all costs add chief Nebbit too, I guess he is the one that can tank and add protection up.
  • Options
    Jawas

Yeah, maybe if they want jawas at all costs add chief Nebbit too, I guess he is the one that can tank and add protection up.

Chief Nebit can give fellow Jawa stealth as well but the problem is that takes multiple characters and I think Leia is a must for this team for her damage and crit chance up for the whole team and R2 is a must to stealth everyone, that only leaves two spaces, unless you take R2 out and add dathcha Nebit and Jawa scavenger since they can self stealth. I think Lando and R2 would work better in those positions
  • Options
    Jawas

Chief Nebit can give fellow Jawa stealth as well but the problem is that takes multiple characters and I think Leia is a must for this team for her damage and crit chance up for the whole team and R2 is a must to stealth everyone, that only leaves two spaces, unless you take R2 out and add dathcha Nebit and Jawa scavenger since they can self stealth. I think Lando and R2 would work better in those positions

Yeah, agreed. Did you check Dengar's abilities that I linked? He is also a good fifth character in my opinion.
  • Options
    Jawas

Yeah, agreed. Did you check Dengar's abilities that I linked? He is also a good fifth character in my opinion.

It depends on what type of team you're running, I was running one that doesn't entirely rely on stealth but dengar might be better suited in a team that does, R2 and Lando in the team I suggested can't constant stealth but characters like Jawa Scavenger or Dathcha can. Dengar needs certain circumstances to stealth and I think he's more tank than damage
  • Options

It depends on what type of team you're running, I was running one that doesn't entirely rely on stealth but dengar might be better suited in a team that does, R2 and Lando in the team I suggested can't constant stealth but characters like Jawa Scavenger or Dathcha can. Dengar needs certain circumstances to stealth and I think he's more tank than damage

That explains why I'd use him :smile: I prefer also having a tanky character in my Arena team.
    Well, we'll see what happens once R2 is out and collected. I'm really curious how many people will try using a stealth team like that.
  • Options

That explains why I'd use him :smile: I prefer also having a tanky character in my Arena team.
    Well, we'll see what happens once R2 is out and collected. I'm really curious how many people will try using a stealth team like that.

I think most people overlooked Nute because they don't expect him to be good or for it to really matter but that's why it's peaked my curiosity, they take a random terrible character and all of a sudden buff their leader ability? Seems like something's going on there. I don't know if it'll be good or not but I do want to try it so I'll probably make a team like that
  • Options
    It was not a buff - it was a nerf.

The way it was previously, you could have Nute lead, R2 in your squad, and Lando. And CUP and URUROR if you want, because it wouldn't even matter.

R2: stealth to Lando

Lando: AoE. gain 150% tm.
    Lando: AoE. Even more damage. Gain 150% tm.
    Lando: (no longer stealthed): AoE. Even more more damage.

With the nerf, this can't happen. Lando only gains tm for one crit, not all five crits.

Thank god for this nerf, though!
  • Options
    Yeah xD its a neef not a buf... With previous leader dengar's special would give him anoter turn and lower enemy tm, then lando infinite turns until unstealthed, leia triple taps gives her 90%tm, any char with aoe and good crit also more turns (sidious expose for example) xD
  • Speedokillz
    575 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    The problem with a team that is trying to get the whole team to stealth too much is that if everyone is stealth... it the same as none of them stealth. So doing it for purely offensive reasons is fine, just on defense may not be what you're expecting.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Options
    Caiaphas wrote: »
    It was not a buff - it was a nerf.

The way it was previously, you could have Nute lead, R2 in your squad, and Lando. And CUP and URUROR if you want, because it wouldn't even matter.

R2: stealth to Lando

Lando: AoE. gain 150% tm.
    Lando: AoE. Even more damage. Gain 150% tm.
    Lando: (no longer stealthed): AoE. Even more more damage.

With the nerf, this can't happen. Lando only gains tm for one crit, not all five crits.

Thank god for this nerf, though!

Thanks for pointing that out didn't even think about the leader ability prior to the rework, still I think it could make a good raid team and could be a buff in a sense and a nerf in another
  • Options
    seems viable to me
  • Options
    Jesus, it was CHANGED. Get off your nerfs and buffs arguments.
  • Options
    Wasn't on an argument, I simply said it could work both ways. This post is about a team that could be viable with him as leader not about whether it was buffed or nerfed
  • Options

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/nerf

Get off your high horse.
  • Options
    Luke...he would get 90% tm
  • Options
    Luke...he would get 90% tm
    You're right and he'd gain critical chance up also thanks for pointing that out