The R2-D2 upcoming event?

The in game notice says:

"Gather your best EMPIRE forces and defeat the famous crew of the Millennium Falcon to capture R2 in THE DARING DROID, a vary rare multi-tiered event! Can you foil the REBELS' plans and capture this Legendary astromech?"

Now to me this means that we will likely be fighting in a multi-tiered event similar to the Yoda or Palpatine event. We will likely face Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, Old Ben, & R2 himself. Though I suppose they could sneak in a as of yet unknown C-3PO as sell.

However, the wording of the notice has me wondering if part of the event is starship related. Could it be that one of the tiers will require us to use Imperial ships to face off against the Millennium Falcon & possibly other Rebel ships as well?

Replies

• Number of non capital empire ships in game:4
    Farmable empire ships:1 maybe 2 if you're lucky and get tie advanced drops like crazy.

So I'm gonna go with no probably not.
    The in game notice says:

"Gather your best EMPIRE forces and defeat the famous crew of the Millennium Falcon to capture R2 in THE DARING DROID, a vary rare multi-tiered event! Can you foil the REBELS' plans and capture this Legendary astromech?"

Now to me this means that we will likely be fighting in a multi-tiered event similar to the Yoda or Palpatine event. We will likely face Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, Old Ben, & R2 himself. Though I suppose they could sneak in a as of yet unknown C-3PO as sell.

However, the wording of the notice has me wondering if part of the event is starship related. Could it be that one of the tiers will require us to use Imperial ships to face off against the Millennium Falcon & possibly other Rebel ships as well?

• There aren't enough empire ships to even make a squad so no.

But it would be hilarious, the backlash would be 10 fold the K2SO/android debacle.

• Number of non capital empire ships in game:4
    Farmable empire ships:1 maybe 2 if you're lucky and get tie advanced drops like crazy.

So I'm gonna go with no probably not.
    The in game notice says:

It's true that there many imperial ships, but in some of the challenges they just use a bunch of Tie Fighters. They could just make us do the same with event units.
  • Any word on how long the event will run? I would assume a week like the Palp & Yoda events but have not heard definitively.
  • So will this event be like Palp/Yoda? Except with Empire Toons....

I likely can complete the 5 star level to activate R2... But only have 5 7Star empire... Vader (zeta) G10, TFP G11, EP G10, RG G9, Tarkin G7.

I guess I will have to wait for the event... Big issue with the above crew is a lack of healing.

I have been working on Death Trooper /Krennic since they became farm-able. Both 5 star and less then halfway to 6star...