Galactic Republic: Jedi & now R2. Does R2 salvage Jedi?

Prev1
With the 10% offense bonus R2 gives for each Galactic Republic, Jedi will see a boost in damage under a zQGJ (L) combined with the support of R2. Is this enough to make Jedi elite in arena? I think so and I'm excited to try. Jedi will become a talking point in the meta conversation.
what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?

Replies

• Antares
    686 posts Member
    I have been running Jedi in Arena ever since I started playing this game and until Darth Maul came around I was always happy with my team (now I run zQGJ, Ezra, Aayla, JKA, zYoda and if I dedicate time, I make top 5; if I don't, I drop to top 20).

With the news of R2 yesterday, my plans (hopes) for May 4th are (all times in CEST):

06:00pm: Loose to a zDM team in Arena

08:00pm: Start R2 event

08:05pm: R2@7*

08:10pm: R2@7* Lvl 85 G11

08:11pm: A couple of test runs in GW

08:15pm: Beat the hell out of zDM teams and anyone else in arena

Anyone with me?
  • Number crunch lvl 8 Zeta

At the start of battle, R2-D2 gains 10% Max Protection for each Droid ally, 10% Offense for each Galactic Republic ally, 10% Max Health for each Rebel ally, and 10% Potency for each Resistance ally. At the start of battle, and when R2-D2 revives, other Droid, Galactic Republic, Rebel, and Resistance allies gain 10% of R2-D2's Max Protection, Offense, Max Health, and Potency until R2-D2 is defeated.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    So, I have a question for my fellow R2 friends. I can "only" afford to Zeta one of R2's abilities next week. Which one do you think is better?
  • Antares wrote: »
    So, I have a question for my fellow R2 friends. I can "only" afford to Zeta one of R2's abilities next week. Which one do you think is better?

Likely his Unique

Likely his Unique

R2 has 2 uniques. Combat Analysis & Number Crunch. Both will be great, but for me, I'd do number crunch 1st.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Antares wrote: »

Likely his Unique

R2 has 2 uniques. Combat Analysis & Number Crunch. Both will be great, but for me, I'd do number crunch 1st.

I think so too...With Yoda you don't get that many debuffs anyway. I'll go with number crunch :)

Likely his Unique

I think so too...With Yoda you don't get that many debuffs anyway. I'll go with number crunch :)

Combat analysis would gain value in a comp without Yoda bm
  • kodias
    264 posts Member
    Ya number crunch for sure. Finally a way to boost their damage.

My question is, would jedi get 10% of R2's offense before or after its increased by 10% for each Galactic republic ally? Essentially R2's offense would increase by 50% (4 jedi + himself).

His physical damage is 2130, a 50% increase would put him at 3,195, 10% of that would be 319.5 to his allies.

Where as if its calculated before the 50% increase his allies would only get 213 more offense.

Doesn't seem like a big difference but its just over 400 damage spread across the 4 Jedi. Jedi need all the extra damage they can get so I hope its calculated like that
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    The issue with Jedi is still that they don't do much damage individually and are pretty much all singletarget and thus struggle on defense. That's not gonna change with R2.
  • kodias wrote: »
    Ya number crunch for sure. Finally a way to boost their damage.

My question is, would jedi get 10% of R2's offense before or after its increased by 10% for each Galactic republic ally? Essentially R2's offense would increase by 50% (4 jedi + himself).

His physical damage is 2130, a 50% increase would put him at 3,195, 10% of that would be 319.5 to his allies.

Where as if its calculated before the 50% increase his allies would only get 213 more offense.

Doesn't seem like a big difference but its just over 400 damage spread across the 4 Jedi. Jedi need all the extra damage they can get so I hope its calculated like that

I think it's calculated after R2's buff. Also the physical and special Dmg will be calculated individually. QGJ, Yoda work off special Dmg, Ani, gk off physical Dmg. The bonus for special Dmg should be roughly twice that of physical.

It is certainly an obstacle that Jedi are single target, and R2 won't mitigate that. It may be that rex(L), chaze, gk, R2 will simply outlast Jedi under ai control even if the Rex comp also lacks firepower. I would think zQgj(L), Ani, zoda, gk, R2 would do well against zader and zaul though. But nihilus may need to be added in lieu of Ani to break the defensive behemoth of chaze/gk.

At the start of battle, R2-D2 gains 10% Max Protection for each Droid ally, 10% Offense for each Galactic Republic ally, 10% Max Health for each Rebel ally, and 10% Potency for each Resistance ally. At the start of battle, and when R2-D2 revives, other Droid, Galactic Republic, Rebel, and Resistance allies gain 10% of R2-D2's Max Protection, Offense, Max Health, and Potency until R2-D2 is defeated.

It looks like he has to get revived in order to give those bonuses away, so it's not a simple death bonus like old Ben or scarif's gives out. It sounds like you pretty have to run him with elder, jaws engineer, daka, or hera for this to mean anything

It looks like he has to get revived in order to give those bonuses away, so it's not a simple death bonus like old Ben or scarif's gives out. It sounds like you pretty have to run him with elder, jaws engineer, daka, or hera for this to mean anything

Read the first part of that sentence again...

"At the start of battle"
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
    I have been running Jedi in Arena ever since I started playing this game and until Darth Maul came around I was always happy with my team (now I run zQGJ, Ezra, Aayla, JKA, zYoda and if I dedicate time, I make top 5; if I don't, I drop to top 20).

With the news of R2 yesterday, my plans (hopes) for May 4th are (all times in CEST):

Anyone with me?

I still think you need GK -- the lack of a cleanse can still be a big issue.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member

Anyone with me?

I still think you need GK -- the lack of a cleanse can still be a big issue.

Maybe. But still no GK in sight for me for at least another 3-4 months.
  • I'm going to try zqgj,zoda,Z2D2,GK & Anikan. Already had em all max gear and zeta. Have been using zaul for to long.
  • SNAKEMAN wrote: »
    I'm going to try zqgj,zoda,Z2D2,GK & Anikan. Already had em all max gear and zeta. Have been using zaul for to long.

Looks solid. I'll try that one 2, but also try zihilus for Ani.
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    SNAKEMAN wrote: »
    I'm going to try zqgj,zoda,Z2D2,GK & Anikan. Already had em all max gear and zeta. Have been using zaul for to long.

Looks solid. I'll try that one 2, but also try zihilus for Ani.
    Yea before I used zih as my 5th. But I'm not sure having two non Jedi would be optimal under zqgj but I'll def try both.

Anyone with me?

Hel' ya! Just what i was planning on too bc i can't take top spot with my current jedi. Help me R2...
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member

Im with you on this one. I hate to drop Aayla, but r2 seems too legit. Plus since he helps with evasion, it will help Jka's Aoe not turn into a suicide move vs maul teams lol.
  • So without GK, what would be a possible iteration of a Jedi/R2 team?

ZQGJ, Zoda, Z2D2, Zarris, JKA?
  • @Mullato yes plus 10% crit chance too so he's well over 50% crit chance

That could work but Kenobi gives some fire power with his mass call in. Zarris does everything else Kenobi does but less damage and that is a big deal with Jedi as they need al they can get.

• kodias
    264 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Mullato wrote: »

Im with you on this one. I hate to drop Aayla, but r2 seems too legit. Plus since he helps with evasion, it will help Jka's Aoe not turn into a suicide move vs maul teams lol.

I am thinking the same. R2's stun will be more consistent than Aayla's anyways and his increase in evasion and burn will help slaughter the Zauls. Plus he has two zetas, number crunch will be a nice buff to the teams stats and combat analysis is pretty much a mini barriss once zeta'd. He is also tanky so that should weigh out not getting foresight.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    why not zQGJ, GK, Aayla, JKA and R2? I feel like Zoda and zR2 provides similar ish positives. This way you still have 3 sources of foresight, 1 active cleanse and whole lot of likely cleanses, but don't lose the damage that Jedi teams badly need.

I'm only speculating, don't have a zQGJ or a max'd Aayla or GK either, so if i'm missing something, please correct me

thanks
  • kodias
    264 posts Member
    M_L wrote: »
    why not zQGJ, GK, Aayla, JKA and R2? I feel like Zoda and zR2 provides similar ish positives. This way you still have 3 sources of foresight, 1 active cleanse and whole lot of likely cleanses, but don't lose the damage that Jedi teams badly need.

I'm only speculating, don't have a zQGJ or a max'd Aayla or GK either, so if i'm missing something, please correct me

thanks

It comes down to if you want to zeta r2's combat analysis too. Having Yoda or better yet yoda with zeta'd bm makes that zeta of R2's obsolete. Yoad's tenacity up is one of the main reasons that Jedi have been able to stay competitive. Maybe if the meta shifts away from debuffs than yoda will be less popular but at the current state yoda is pretty much essential. Plus most people dont want to side line a character they have already invested a zeta in.

• Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Zooey wrote: »
    The issue with Jedi is still that they don't do much damage individually and are pretty much all singletarget and thus struggle on defense. That's not gonna change with R2.

Aayla, QGJ, Ezra, GK all have assist calls. Thats a lot of damage. With the boost to their damage from zQGJ and an additional boost from R2, plus cleansing themselves on a crit w/ the +10% R2 gives, I could see dropping Yoda altogether and running those 4 w/ R2.

Aoe is bad in the current meta imo, it feeds tm to Maul and Rex leads which r everywhere.
  • I do have a question here - so if Jedis fall under the Galactic Republic moniker, does say a ZQGJ leader ability apply to another toon that falls under GR? Like R2? Or still sticks to only Jedi?
  • kodias
    264 posts Member
    I do have a question here - so if Jedis fall under the Galactic Republic moniker, does say a ZQGJ leader ability apply to another toon that falls under GR? Like R2? Or still sticks to only Jedi?

Description says to Jedi Allies only, so no foresight for R2

I would take Aayla over Zarris in that comp. Too much defense already. A little extra control and damage would be good.

JKA's AoE may give himself expose, but as long as he crits once with it, the same move that gave him the expose will cleanse it. R2 totally eliminates that danger... not that tenacity up didn't already. Zaul's daze (if it ever makes it through foresight) wouldn't last too long either with R2 around, his cleanse should proc a lot more often than Zarriss's.

• WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    kodias wrote: »
    I do have a question here - so if Jedis fall under the Galactic Republic moniker, does say a ZQGJ leader ability apply to another toon that falls under GR? Like R2? Or still sticks to only Jedi?

Description says to Jedi Allies only, so no foresight for R2

Cool that's what I figured, just curious since I wasn't sure about how far the GR tag expands to
    Woodroward wrote: »
    So without GK, what would be a possible iteration of a Jedi/R2 team?

I would take Aayla over Zarris in that comp. Too much defense already. A little extra control and damage would be good.

JKA's AoE may give himself expose, but as long as he crits once with it, the same move that gave him the expose will cleanse it. R2 totally eliminates that danger... not that tenacity up didn't already. Zaul's daze (if it ever makes it through foresight) wouldn't last too long either with R2 around, his cleanse should proc a lot more often than Zarriss's.

Might not be a bad idea to try Aayla - my goal is until GK is in my hands to probably run a ZQGJ, Z2D2, JKA, Aayla + one more TBD (thinking Ezra)