R2D2 plus Yoda

R2D2 has the same base speed as yoda and if you have him go first then choose yoda to give his foresight/advantage then yoda can give the entire team foresight, advantage, and tenacity up, I think that seems like a pretty sweet combo, zeta yoda without having to give him a zeta, plus the advantage buff.

What good combos/synergies do you think R2 would be good at?

Replies

• kodias
    264 posts Member
    It's a good thought, but most teams run zQGJ so they would have foresight anyways. It'd also be tough to match yoda's speed under a zqgj (extra 30 speed). But I think R2 will still find a good home on a jedi team. I would probably sub out aayla for him.
  • The fact that they made the galactic republic tag, and gave R2 "lots of tags, means there could be some new exciting team faction comps coming along!

Also it means that's one less resistance toon I need to farm for speed mods :)
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    It also means Resistance got an insane buff xD
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Neo2551 wrote: »

Yeah, but I am still not sure who to kick from the resistance team? I use them only for the tank, and there, I think, R2 is not a good substitution for any regular Resistance toon, right?
  • Jizzaouse
    128 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I just cant figure out where to use him in arena. Maybe a Jyn Zeta Lead with chaze and cassian?

Kenobi Lead, Fives, Clone sarg, nihilus, r2?
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Jizzaouse wrote: »
    I just cant figure out where to use him in arena. Maybe a Jyn Zeta Lead with chaze and cassian?

Kenobi Lead, Fives, Clone sarg, nihilus, r2?

Gk lead Zarris R-2 Anakin DN.
  • I want to use him for resistance as well, but unsure since resistance already has two taunting tanks,
  • kodias
    264 posts Member
    Neo2551 wrote: »

I dunno about that. R2's kit doesn't synergize well with zFinn. I wish his basic or aoe could apply expose. His potency synergy will be nice tho, could potentially replace those pot mods with protection.

R2 will help resistance in Arena but I don't think he will be much benefit to a resistance raid team. He will be a good replacement for RP but its hard to say how beneficial he will be.

Of all r2's tags I think resistance is the weakest one for his kit.
  • SubzeeeDon wrote: »
    The fact that they made the galactic republic tag, and gave R2 "lots of tags, means there could be some new exciting team faction comps coming along!

Totally with you on this one :) hopefully I can finish Finn & Resistance Pilot and leave Resistance Trooper for some other time.
  • Yoda can already easily get foresight, with his basic and zQGJ and his special gives tenac up by default, you'd only be getting advantage
  • kodias
    264 posts Member
    SubzeeeDon wrote: »
    The fact that they made the galactic republic tag, and gave R2 "lots of tags, means there could be some new exciting team faction comps coming along!

Totally with you on this one :) hopefully I can finish Finn & Resistance Pilot and leave Resistance Trooper for some other time.

I would advise to finish res trooper and leave res pilot. Trooper is essential for any zfinn team. Pilot is a gear hog and isn't all that useful for the gear invested
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    SubzeeeDon wrote: »

OHHH I didn't even think about this kind of thing.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV