When is r2 event coming back?

Mullato
2582 posts Member
Yeah, i have 5 7* empire, but i'm gonna go ahead and start this train early.

Replies

• Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Probably after 6 months, then put into rotation with yoda and palps. So quarterly after the six month mark.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    The start of the daily posts asking like palps and its not even gone live yet lol
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    One day in a couple of months, after seeing 600 of these posts a day. You will think back and remember Mullato set the trend.
  • I see we're getting an early start on this thread.
  • In before "August."
  • I feel safe in saying not for a while, he will no doubt be available in packs.
  • Gebuttersnaps
    478 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Mullato wrote: »
    One day in a couple of months, after seeing 600 of these posts a day. You will think back and remember Mullato set the trend.

0765xJ0.gif
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Carbonari wrote: »
    In before "August."

it wouldn't suprise me if the awnser to the OP's question really is august.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    Carbonari wrote: »
    In before "August."

it wouldn't suprise me if the awnser to the OP's question really is august.

August isn't long enough man.
  • Narseph
    141 posts Member
    I feel safe in saying not for a while, he will no doubt be available in packs.

Not so sure about that, I've never seen palp nor yoda in packs
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    I feel safe in saying not for a while, he will no doubt be available in packs.

He will no doubt NOT be available in packs, as it is a Yoda/Palp style event. They will sell Empire packs everytime he comes around though.

Thanks for starting this thread, Mullato. The question needs to be asked 59 times a day.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Hoping my EP, Vader, RG, TFP will carry either sorry bum's Snowtrooper or Tarkin's rear. 7* R Too or bust.

giphy.gif
  • I heard these new legendary events are one time deals. Either you get the toon or you don't. Maybe in a year or two they might sell packs with some shards if you're lucky.
  • Mullato wrote: »

:D:D:D

SnakesOnAPlane
  • JVU420
    429 posts Member
    August
  • Palpatene was an extremely rare event and look how often he comes around now. It's safe to say the R2 event will be the same way. Using that as an example of how these events work should be an answer enough for most people. Yet people still feel the need to post when it will come back around again. People love to hear themselves talk or in this case love to see themselves type. Just another thread of useless speculation that players need to sift through in order to find an answer to a question at can easily be answered by thinking about previous events.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Palpatene was an extremely rare event and look how often he comes around now. It's safe to say the R2 event will be the same way. Using that as an example of how these events work should be an answer enough for most people. Yet people still feel the need to post when it will come back around again. People love to hear themselves talk or in this case love to see themselves type. Just another thread of useless speculation that players need to sift through in order to find an answer to a question at can easily be answered by thinking about previous events.

Man, you want the truth? The whole time i was reading that before i stopped midway through I was thinking to myself... "Man this guy must love to hear himself talk, or in this case, type."
  • Yes. Unless CG likes to troll us, and they may just :wink: , this will roll out exactly like everyones beloved Yoda and Palp event. Yeah, the first showing is kinda big, because you probably won't see it again until November 4th... or 5th????? (Remember remember the 5th of November, the gunpowder treason and plot, I can think of no reason, why the gunpowder treason, should ever be forgot......)

There will be no packs, no shards anywhere else. R2, Palp, and yoda are only available through their events, that's it.

Again, unless we're being trolled, you'll then see R2 bi-monthly from there on. If you're wondering how they monetize the event, you'll see the event come along with a whole lot of empire bundles and packs.

.... Also, btw, CG, if you're listening.... wouldn't mind a Shoretrooper bundle... all by itself. KTHNXBAI
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
    Palpatene was an extremely rare event and look how often he comes around now. It's safe to say the R2 event will be the same way. Using that as an example of how these events work should be an answer enough for most people. Yet people still feel the need to post when it will come back around again. People love to hear themselves talk or in this case love to see themselves type. Just another thread of useless speculation that players need to sift through in order to find an answer to a question at can easily be answered by thinking about previous events.

Man, you want the truth? The whole time i was reading that before i stopped midway through I was thinking to myself... "Man this guy must love to hear himself talk, or in this case, type."

+1 thanks for your "wisdom" @HeresTheTruth. Glad you're so much more intelligent than everyone.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    "Very Rare Event." Last time we saw that was the Emperor Palp's event. So if I were to guess, I would expect a similar schedule.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107

I thought the same lol

I honestly think we'll see R2 again when they do the exact same type of event for Jedi Luke around... hhmmm, lets see... Dec 15 sounds like a good day. Then, they'll have 4 characters hidden behind walls that you have to buy multiple specific sets of characters just to unlock. It's a genius way to turn 4 free characters into 20+ possibly bought characters.

Wanna know what I was thinking...1957 posts and this guy doesn't know how often the events come around by now. I mean it's not like Palpatene was released 5 years ago.
    RandyMarsh wrote: »

+1 thanks for your "wisdom" @HeresTheTruth. Glad you're so much more intelligent than everyone.

Glad to help. I offer my knowledge from time to time on the forums. But I'm not using wisdom or trying to be more intelligent than anyone else...I'm just using past events like yoda and Papaletene as a simply guideline. Sadly others can do the same but choose not to.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    "Very Rare Event." Last time we saw that was the Emperor Palp's event. So if I were to guess, I would expect a similar schedule.

Totally agree - there seem to be different types of events in style that release toons to be acquired.

Phoenix, Saxon, Krennic and Death Trooper, Ghost & Phantom all had similar events, when at the end there was no way to 7* them - at best you got them to 3* or 4*, had a taste of what they are like so you could buy or eventually farm them. These events were special one-time events, not to be repeated.

The other type of event is the "rare event" class - such as Yoda and EP. R2 now seems to be in this rare event class, so we can expect a return of this event somewhere down the road. So I wouldn't worry if you do not have a viable Empire team yet, because you will get another chance.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member

Wanna know what I was thinking...1957 posts and this guy doesn't know how often the events come around by now. I mean it's not like Palpatene was released 5 years ago.
    RandyMarsh wrote: »

Glad to help. I offer my knowledge from time to time on the forums. But I'm not using wisdom or trying to be more intelligent than anyone else...I'm just using past events like yoda and Papaletene as a simply guideline. Sadly others can do the same but choose not to.

Sadly you haven't read the first post or....
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    It took me my 4th Yoda event to finally unlock him, which was longer than I wanted, but at the same time, it made him so much more worth it. The stuff we get for little effort is usually less appreciated in the end, so I'm down with another challenge.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    So does anyone actually know or are you all here to troll like @HeresTheTruth
  • Closing this.. The OP was "when will it return" seriously? It does not even START for a week. Please do not preemptively make posts that you know will occur eventually for attention. :/

Since then this has degraded into a back and forth of name calling and accusation of Trolling and such.

Let's focus on the moment, help each other get prepared etc.. :)
This discussion has been closed.