Empire Abilities

Is it reasonable to think that Empire characters seem to get the short end of the stick when it comes to unique abilities, synergies, and automatic buffs, etc. when compared to Rebels and light side characters? An example would be Gar Saxon, whom I was very excited to acquire and have G10, 4* right now. I'm playing Gar through GW with a full Empire squad under his lead and I find that there's just not much going on, other than the admittedly cool retaliation.

I feel like they really nailed it with Emperor, but the rest of the characters and their abilities just seem to fall a little short of their rivals. I'm hoping a further Empire pass will help this issue.

What do you all think?

Replies

• M_L
    469 posts Member
    Vader lead also seem to work well, especially when Zeta'd. I mean it's hard to find a team that can do reasonably well in arena, and both raids. I know his lead affects sith too but the usual Zader teams i see are at least half Empire.

I think Rebels only excel with the two man synergies anyway, like, Wiggs, Chaze, maybe K2Cassian. but Empire has Krooper, which looks pretty sweet on paper.

and outside of Rebels, light sides not that good.... You certainly don't even see many Jedi teams in arena at mature shards. Siths dominate right now and they're the epitome of dark side.

I agree empire doesn't have that many viable leads outside of EP and Vader, but I feel like that's the way it goes for most factions. we're also on the verge of more empire reworks, so who knows, Empire might have its day in the sun soon enough. In the meantime, I'm very happy with the few Empire toons I have geared, (only TFP and RG), they're not dominant but have their places and do their jobs well
  • The empire synergy is way better than rebel synergy. Mostly since the rebels synergy is focused more on individuals such as wiggs and chaze, but with the empire just take a moment and look at vader and palps leader abilities, it's just a wall of text to defeat you enemies, they don't have unique's that synergize but their specials do, its all about those aoe dots and debuffs. Stun with palp, vader force crush, maybe a tfp aoe, more aoe's, then vader saber throw, get an ez kill and move to the next enemy. The empire definitely doesn't get the short end of the stick. Separatists probably have the worst synergy, mostly since they are mostly bad as individuals, followed by the jedi who had some help from Zeta's but without zeta's they are definitely aren't the greatest.
  • Well as I mentioned, I felt they did a great job with Palpatine. I'm speaking more specifically of less prominent characters like Gar and ISC. If you look at the comparison between the Rogue one characters for rebel vs the ones for Krennic and DT, there's just a lot less flavor there and something just didn't work right because obviously that combo struggles. I have a geared and starred DT and he's a cool character, probably one of the best Empire added recently but certain things need some help with him too. He should have a zeta for his Terminate or something so Death Mark can't be dispelled because it's rather useless in most cases, and the prerequisite for using it is having killed at least one character so it really wouldn't be difficult to counter.