A Word About Gauntlet Fighter ***Muh-Muh-Muh-MEGATHREAD***

Prev13
NotReallyAJedi
91 posts Member
edited May 2017
Hey Everyone,

So by now you’ve all seen Gar Saxon’s awesome new starship, the Gauntlet Starfighter.

*Spooky voice* Ooooooor have you?

“What?” you say, “But it’s RIGHT THERE in the game, NRAJ!”

Ah, my young padawans, is that REALLY the Gauntlet Starfighter, or is it a Mandalorian Fang Fighter, a ship the Gauntlet is based on?

All right, all right, I’ll stop! But yeaaaaaah, thanks to intrepid Star Wars detective, /u/SilveRX96 over on Reddit, it appears we’ve released the wrong model for Gar Saxon’s Gauntlet Starfighter! Now, in our defense, um… R2-D2?

*hangs head in shame*

Alas, there are no excuses here and I offer my Star Wars credibility card up for you to cut a corner off of.

So we’re working on figuring out which model we need to use, or if this is the correct model with the wrong name. Either way, will have to go through the typical process of building, approving, refining, but since we don’t need to build an ability kit or test it’s functionality, the process should go quickly.

Once it’s all done, we’ll swap the models (or the names) out and all will be right with the Force.

In the meantime, you guys can take screenshots of how you owned (for a very limited time) an ultra-rare misprint of a Gauntlet Starfighter. You’ll be part of the cool kids who were there back in the day when the Gauntlet Starfighter was really the Mandalorian Fang Fighter.

Oh the stories you’ll tell!

Anyway, thank you so much for your patience and thank you to the loyal fans who helped bring the Force back in to balance. We’ll get this corrected and released as quickly as we can (spoiler alert: It won’t be this week).

EDIT: Clarifications

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/106944/a-word-regarding-gar-saxons-gauntlet-fighter

Also, folks, this is a thread about Gar Saxon and his faux Gauntlet Starfighter. This is not a thread about Clone Helmets.

I mean, it COULD be, but it's not and we should have that convo somewhere else, i.e. not here.
Lead Game Designer (Live), Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Waez
    286 posts Member
    While we're at it, let's make Clones wear their helmets.
  • Waez wrote: »
    Forget helmets.
    More reworks please.
  • We get Chewie shards for the inconvenience, right?

large.thumb.gif.f5b1a0555251dcbb759cdc45f550ccd0.gif

large.thumb.gif.f5b1a0555251dcbb759cdc45f550ccd0.gif

I like this guy!
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Waez wrote: »

I am scared about this though, how will we know who is who if they've all got their helmets on? I mean, I'm unpopular with this vote, but I'm cool with the 'unique' 'clones' (what does that even mean) being visually identifiable.

However, if NRAJ wants to put whip cream on his head, I will not stop him.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Red Forman FTW!

EA responds to mistake..

https://youtu.be/Zzs-OvfG8tE

LOL
  • Kitch
    171 posts Member
    Absolute farce. How this was allowed to happen is beyond me.

/s
  • Pzb14
    23 posts Member
    500 crystals
  • Pzb14 wrote: »
    500 crystals

+13

I am scared about this though, how will we know who is who if they've all got their helmets on? I mean, I'm unpopular with this vote, but I'm cool with the 'unique' 'clones' (what does that even mean) being visually identifiable.

All the clones look the same...if they had their helmets on, they would each look more unique
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    Waez wrote: »

Different stances, different armors, different helmets, different weapons, and you can see their names when you target them.

If Jawas can be hooded, Clones can wear their helmets.

I'm okay with whip cream though.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    those clone helmet lovers are crafty threadhyackers.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

If we all jumped on board and just beat this dead horse long enough, CG will cave, put the helmets on and then the clone helmet brigade will fall silent.

Seems the me the quickest path to peace is to jump on the bandwagon
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Viserys wrote: »

If we all jumped on board and just beat this dead horse long enough, CG will cave, put the helmets on and then the clone helmet brigade will fall silent.

nah, if that happens, the people who prefer clones without helmets will start hyacking threads. Just let those clone helmet lover just tire themselves out.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Viserys wrote: »
    That's exactly how Obama Palpatine got elected.

• Since when have you guys care about stuff being canon *cough* Nihilus *cough*

Unless, is there some subliminal messages here? Is there something Disney hasn't told us yet?
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Amish_Ace wrote: »
    Since when have you guys care about stuff being canon *cough* Nihilus *cough*

Unless, is there some subliminal messages here? Is there something Disney hasn't told us yet?

It's not so much whether it's canon and more the fact it's the wrong ship to the wrong name

It's like getting darth vader to pilot a tie advanced but the model is a tie fighter
  • Dcali
    13 posts Member
    Viserys wrote: »
    That's exactly how Obama Palpatine got elected.

HAHAHAHA ^^ I like this guy
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    So 3 second google on gar saxon ship.....
    GauntletFighter-SWE.png
    At least they got the color right ;)
  • Nightlores wrote: »

tumblr_mtjsicGb2R1si6e75o1_500.gif

• ^^^^ this lol
  • RandyMarsh
    380 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Nightlores wrote: »
    GauntletFighter-SWE.png

Lol CG_NotReallyAJedi is salty

Edit: language
    Post edited by J0K3R on
  • Nightlores wrote: »
    GauntletFighter-SWE.png

Anxiously waiting for Starfights: Solar System of Nightlores
  • Back to the topic at hand, is anyone going to use this? Mine will collect dust just like the Ghost and Phantom.

CG misses the mark again. Maybe the next update we can get another not worthwhile ship, that's mislabeled, and a rework that you can't use. *shakes head* "Awesome" is not the adjective I would use.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    putz1337 wrote: »
    Back to the topic at hand, is anyone going to use this? Mine will collect dust just like the Ghost and Phantom.

CG misses the mark again. Maybe the next update we can get another not worthwhile ship, that's mislabeled, and a rework that you can't use. *shakes head* "Awesome" is not the adjective I would use.

More empire toons are always welcome. Especially ones with full team cleansers with protection up
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    Back to the topic at hand, is anyone going to use this? Mine will collect dust just like the Ghost and Phantom.

More empire toons are always welcome. Especially ones with full team cleansers with protection up

I mentioned nothing of new Empire toons, just the awful reworked one. Veers was the rework, he doesn't cleanse. I do not welcome that abomination of a rework.

Back to the question at hand, does anyone plan on actually using the new ship?
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »

I mentioned nothing of new Empire toons, just the awful reworked one. Veers was the rework, he doesn't cleanse. I do not welcome that abomination of a rework.

Sorry, i meant to say ship instead of toon. With that in mind, my comment still stands. The gauntlet isn't a game changing toon, but we need more empire ships and this one has a good ability
  • putz1337 wrote: »

Have to wait to see the possible reworks on the troopers - no way can you analyze the Veers rework without that info.
  • DatBoi wrote: »

Sorry, i meant to say ship instead of toon. With that in mind, my comment still stands. The gauntlet isn't a game changing toon, but we need more empire ships and this one has a good ability

No worries. I agree about needing more Empire/dark side ships. However, releasing an unfarmable character and an unfarmable ship isn't the way to do it. CG basically says, here is your unproven 3* and have fun wasting resources. The cash grabbing business model they've adopted is getting very boring for a lot of players. But, I guess that's business. I'd personally enjoy new farmable ships for characters ppl have. And not this 20 energy, 1 node "farm".
This discussion has been closed.