Nerf the nerf posts

For the love of all that is Holy...

Everyone needs to quit **** ing and moaning about Poe is broke, Daka is OP, Rey is too powerful, AI is crazy at procs... It is so effing old to have to scroll through the first page of comments because it is nothing but nerf posts or that CG/EA are evil and mess with the RNG / AI to screw us.

Since the devs cannot say it I will...

Let's make the forum what it should be.

Posts should be of the following;
Asking sincere questions on line up advice, who to farm, the new events coming, how to beat a certain lineup in arena that is giving you fits, etc.

People come here to get info and discuss ideas. Occasionally to brag on the gamete of 7* purples they were able to beat in GW and get some praise from fellow gamers that share their struggle.

Can we get a "**** and Moan" sticky where everyone can go to post about how Phasma landed 8888383737 procs in one match, so the rest of us don't have to read / scroll through it?!?!

Honestly, the sticky would be good. Suspension for posting about nerfs outside of it.

Sorry for complaining. Hahaha.

Replies

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    BillyBeans wrote: »

Everyone needs to quit **** ing and moaning about Poe is broke, Daka is OP, Rey is too powerful, AI is crazy at procs... It is so effing old to have to scroll through the first page of comments because it is nothing but nerf posts or that CG/EA are evil and mess with the RNG / AI to screw us.

Asking sincere questions on line up advice, who to farm, the new events coming, how to beat a certain lineup in arena that is giving you fits, etc.

People come here to get info and discuss ideas. Occasionally to brag on the gamete of 7* purples they were able to beat in GW and get some praise from fellow gamers that share their struggle.

Can we get a "**** and Moan" sticky where everyone can go to post about how Phasma landed 8888383737 procs in one match, so the rest of us don't have to read / scroll through it?!?!

Honestly, the sticky would be good. Suspension for posting about nerfs outside of it.

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

At a minimum, if you are gonna cry nerf, you need to be an endgame player competing aginst lvl70 max gear versions of the toon in question, otherwise your imput/opinion is probably invalid and unfactual simply beacuse your not seeing all stages of the gane nor have you played long enough to understand all the mechanics.

At least give us that because i cant stress how tired of am of repeadedly explaining why bariss's heal dos NOT ignore healing immunity and why dooku is generally subpar and in no way anywhere close to OP
  • Welcome to the internet. You must be new here.

Other than that, stopping people from saying something someone else doesn't like is not good for anyone, even if it's repetitive. This is also the umpteenth time someone has started a "stop posting about nerfs" post. Even so, you have the right to post it, and we aren't going to stop you or the next hundred people who also start this thread again.

I think it was Voltaire who said "I may not like what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."
  • Kosar wrote: »
    Welcome to the internet. You must be new here.

Other than that, stopping people from saying something someone else doesn't like is not good for anyone, even if it's repetitive. This is also the umpteenth time someone has started a "stop posting about nerfs" post. Even so, you have the right to post it, and we aren't going to stop you or the next hundred people who also start this thread again.

I think it was Voltaire who said "I may not like what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

What the **** is the Internet???

Who said that?
  • BillyBeans wrote: »
    Kosar wrote: »

Who said that?

That would be *****king Jay!
  • Nerf the nerf the nerf posts posts.

Complaints about complaints are still complaints. Instead of doing this why don't you make a constructive post and try to lead by example?
  • I do not buy the 'welcome to the Internet' post above. The subreddit for swgoh has a completely different feel. It's constructive, creative, and significantly less toxic. I believe there is something in the culture at the subreddit that deters it's posters from acting like they do here. Constructive conversations do occur on the official forum but they get more difficult to find.
  • Llewella wrote: »
    I do not buy the 'welcome to the Internet' post above. The subreddit for swgoh has a completely different feel. It's constructive, creative, and significantly less toxic. I believe there is something in the culture at the subreddit that deters it's posters from acting like they do here. Constructive conversations do occur on the official forum but they get more difficult to find.

It is because these are the official forums, people come here to complain to the devs, on the reddit people are talking to each other.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Every single nerf thread on this forum, no matter how much you dislike it, is actually more on-topic and more appropriate for the forum than this one. Sorry.
    If you don't like a thread, don't read it. If you think it breaks forum rules, report it to the moderators.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Chronick wrote: »
    Kosar wrote: »

Who said that?

That would be *****king Jay!

Hahaha. Yep! Great movie
  • d3gauss wrote: »
    Nerf the nerf the nerf posts posts.

Complaints about complaints are still complaints. Instead of doing this why don't you make a constructive post and try to lead by example?

I do multiple times a day. Or, at least, when I see a question that I know the response to...

@Qeltar and @d3gauss -

So, you think that a sticky for people to complain about nerfs is a bad idea?!?! Which was the main point of this post. I think it provides the best of both worlds. A place for people to go to vent. AND, It takes a step towards the forum becoming less toxic in "general discussion"
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    This forum has the highest pitch of whining that I've ever heard. It's just barely audible, it's that high.

Sometimes reading in here is like listening to a Nazgûl who stepped on a Lego.

+1 to Op's post. Stuff all the whining in one place where we don't need to see it all the time. It's killing the fun and it'd be doing the forums a big service dealing with it.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    So, you think that a sticky for people to complain about nerfs is a bad idea?!?!

Yes. It would tend to lump together dozens of issues that are unrelated, and it generally sends the message that discussing characters, no matter how reasonably or rationally, is not acceptable.
    I would far prefer a sticky for people to complain about other people.
    The forums are busy and there aren't a lot of moderators. There is much cleaning up that could be done. But there's plenty of duplication and noise in a lot of areas, and no need to single out one topic area or group of posters.
    Nonemo wrote: »
    This forum has the highest pitch of whining that I've ever heard. It's just barely audible, it's that high.
    LOL. I've been on Internet discussion groups for over 25 years. Compared to some forums I've been on, this place is all puppies and kittens.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Couldn't agree more, this is how characters get ruined
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Every single nerf thread on this forum, no matter how much you dislike it, is actually more on-topic and more appropriate for the forum than this one. Sorry.
    If you don't like a thread, don't read it. If you think it breaks forum rules, report it to the moderators.

Sorry my friend while i fully agree with what you are saying........
    I respectfully disagree that most of these neef threads are on topic in any way.

There are a few rare ones that probably are BUT most are based one minimal experience and minimal understanding which "muddys up the water" and makes it harder what little moderators we have to discount all the **** and gather what little (if any) valid/worthwhile/consteuctive feedback is there.

A constructive discussion on a toons performance (OP or otherwise) is not the same thing as a low-mid lvl player crying nerf.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    LOL. I've been on Internet discussion groups for over 25 years. Compared to some forums I've been on, this place is all puppies and kittens.
    So you've been on the Internet since 1991, back when it was basically just a bunch of usenet groups? Oh, gee. *dons Willy Wonka hat* You must be great at discussing online.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    "Nonemo wrote: »

Sometimes reading in here is like listening to a Nazgûl who stepped on a Lego.

seriously had me laughing here. only because I've stepped on a lego first thing out of bed and yeah....
    mighty chlorians
  • BillyBeans
    440 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    So you've been on the Internet since 1991, back when it was basically just a bunch of usenet groups? Oh, gee. *dons Willy Wonka hat* You must be great at discussing online.

LOL at the Wonka meme
  • d3gauss wrote: »
    Nerf the nerf the nerf posts posts.

I did that myself and had to close one because the complainers came and rained on it. I made others, same thing the negative folks came to complain. I made a constructive post on a build I've used VS Poe builds with success(not 100% few things are) it was met with more Poe is OP you know nothing yada yada. Will not stop me from trying, but it has gotten obscene. The I don't know what I'm talking about is just plain ignorant. I'm Level 70, constant top 5 on an old shard with whales and mostly Poe DPS builds, I complete galactic bloodbath daily. Point is you make a constructive post they come with nerf sticks in hand and try to discredit you and put what you say down because Poe or whoever is a God that is unbeatable, and surely if they are not able to beat them nobody else can, ect.

Look me up if you doubt. Half of my positive posts lately had that kind of response brought on. It is sad, and frustrating.

Complaint about complaint posts though do not help either as they just add fuel to the fire.

Have a good night everyone.
  • Abyss wrote: »

Sorry my friend while i fully agree with what you are saying........
    I respectfully disagree that most of these neef threads are on topic in any way.

There are a few rare ones that probably are BUT most are based one minimal experience and minimal understanding which "muddys up the water" and makes it harder what little moderators we have to discount all the **** and gather what little (if any) valid/worthwhile/consteuctive feedback is there.

A constructive discussion on a toons performance (OP or otherwise) is not the same thing as a low-mid lvl player crying nerf.

Agree
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    So, you think that a sticky for people to complain about nerfs is a bad idea?!?!

Yes. It would tend to lump together dozens of issues that are unrelated, and it generally sends the message that discussing characters, no matter how reasonably or rationally, is not acceptable.
    The forums are busy and there aren't a lot of moderators. There is much cleaning up that could be done. But there's plenty of duplication and noise in a lot of areas, and no need to single out one topic area or group of posters.

How does it send that message? A Dev creating a sticky titled "Nerf Suggestions" could do wonders... Have a sub topic for each character. They could could read there for any research that needs to be conducted for nerfing purposes...

It actually sends the message that they are hearing the nerf cries and can read the posts all in one place.
  • BillyBeans wrote: »

Unless CG change the game to "Galaxy of Nerfs".
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member

How does it send that message? A Dev creating a sticky titled "Nerf Suggestions" could do wonders... Have a sub topic for each character. They could could read there for any research that needs to be conducted for nerfing purposes...

It actually sends the message that they are hearing the nerf cries and can read the posts all in one place.

That's exactly my thoughts too. Looking at the huge amount of discussion happening in the present sticky posts, I'd say it's a very good compromise.
  • Nonemo wrote: »

That's exactly my thoughts too. Looking at the huge amount of discussion happening in the present sticky posts, I'd say it's a very good compromise.

Exactly. Compromise is the key at this point.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    i wonder if the mods can create a stickied nerf thread and have every thread with 'nerf' in the title automatically get merged into it. doesn't seem like it would be too difficult?
    mighty chlorians
  • Closed.
    Nice discussion, but one that could be contributed in one of the many threads.
    FashionFett.

This discussion has been closed.