Gauntlet-Does Defense increase Dodge/Evasion?

So the Gauntlet is just what was needed to make an Empire fleet viable. I am astonished at how well it works with Executrix, Tie Fighter and Advanced Tie. It grants Defense up 40% to the Empire ships. I've noticed that Tie Fighter is almost untouchable now. It could be just phenomenal RNG, but does anyone know if Defense impacts dodge/evasion?

Replies

• Defense is kind of a broad stat that encompasses armor and resistance. I suppose it could help evasion (which is a broader stat for dodge/deflection), but it seems unlikely based on what I know of mechanics.
  • In regards to ships, I don't think so. Certainly not with regular characters.
  • I think that if your defense is high enough that a hit would damage you for zero it would probably show up as a Dodge, but that's the most likely scenario for defense impacting evasion that I can envision.

I also think that being a higher level than someone increases your chances of dodging their attack much like it increases your chances of resisting their debuffs.

At some point I will have to start recording figures to see for sure. It would be cooler to get some clarification from the guy who codemined the leveldelta or a Dev, but I don't really see that happening.
  • OP, are you using the Gauntlet in fleet arena?

I tried all my Empire ships with it during the event but I am nowhere close to leveling/gearing/promoting Gar Saxon, and ISC to a usable ship crew.

I tried all my Empire ships with it during the event but I am nowhere close to leveling/gearing/promoting Gar Saxon, and ISC to a usable ship crew.

Using in fleet arena. I held number one for nearly 10 hours with a 154k fleet. I took number 1 today for the first time ever. His ship is a game changer for an Empire fleet. I have Gar and ISC 3* at G7 and Lvl 70. It is very viable at this level. I haven't even bought the packs yet for Gauntlet or the crew.

Using in fleet arena. I held number one for nearly 10 hours with a 154k fleet. I took number 1 today for the first time ever. His ship is a game changer for an Empire fleet. I have Gar and ISC 3* at G7 and Lvl 70. It is very viable at this level. I haven't even bought the packs yet for Gauntlet or the crew.

What is your full fleet, if you don't mind sharing?
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Ronoaldo wrote: »
    OP, are you using the Gauntlet in fleet arena?

What is your full fleet, if you don't mind sharing?

I run a maxed Executrix with Tarkin G11. Starting fleet is Guantlet, Tie Advanced 5* Vader G11, Ashoka G11 7*, GeoSol. G10 7*, Tie Fighter Pilot G11 6*.

Reinforcements start with Scimitar 4* Maul G9, GeoSpy 7* G9 and Jedi consular G9 6*.

All pilots have maxed 5 * mods.
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    Defense reduces damage taken.
    It has no effect on evasion.