leveldelta, potency, and tenacity down.

So a person's chance to resist a debuff is based on (tenacity-potency+leveldelta)+15 or something similar.

My question about this is: can the leveldelta bonus be counteracted by potency, or does it just remain.

Basically the same question with tenacity down. If I land tenacity down on the Rancor and he is 6 levels higher than me, does he have a 15% chance to resist, or a 45% chance to resist my tm removal?

Replies

• Options
    Based on the results I have gotten running Teebo in a Zader squad I'm pretty sure that the Rancor doesn't get a 45% resist chance with tenacity down.

But if anyone has information about how level delta works I would love to hear it. I have only ever seen a few oblique comments that even let me know it exists, and I suspect most of the game and maybe even most forum members may not be aware of it at all.
  • Options
    Based on the results I have gotten running Teebo in a Zader squad I'm pretty sure that the Rancor doesn't get a 45% resist chance with tenacity down.

But if anyone has information about how level delta works I would love to hear it. I have only ever seen a few oblique comments that even let me know it exists, and I suspect most of the game and maybe even most forum members may not be aware of it at all.

What level is your Teebo? Unless it is below the Rancor's level, you wouldn't experience the extra resist % if it is there.

I know the levelDelta gives a bonus of 5% to resisting debuffs for each level the debuffee is above the debuffer that caps at 30%. I just don't know if it applies after the tenacity down or before.

I THINK it applies to other sets of stats too like crit/immunity and dodge/accuracy, but I haven't seen solid evidence of that.

• AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    Isn't the Rancor a level 90 boss?
  • Options
    When did they start using a level Delta? I've only now started reading posts referring to it.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    It has always been there. Just not really mentioned since everybody is more concerned with Arena and characters are all assumed to be same level 85.
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

What level is your Teebo? Unless it is below the Rancor's level, you wouldn't experience the extra resist % if it is there.

I know the levelDelta gives a bonus of 5% to resisting debuffs for each level the debuffee is above the debuffer that caps at 30%. I just don't know if it applies after the tenacity down or before.

I THINK it applies to other sets of stats too like crit/immunity and dodge/accuracy, but I haven't seen solid evidence of that.

My Teebo is at 85, but any effect should still show up, as the Rancor is level 90. I'm pretty sure that even without tenacity down any extra tenacity the Rancor gets from being +5 levels can be overcome with potency though, otherwise everyone would get resisted at least 40% of the time.
  • Options
    I haven't done Heroic. I thought he was level 80 in that. I know the guards are 90.

I guess a clearer way to pose the question would be if the leveldelta gets added to the base resist or the tenacity/potency mix. I do think that if potency can conquer it than tenacity down should eliminate it too.
  • Options
    I've never heard of the lvl delta modifier, when was this added/found?