How hard can they make GW anymore?

Since an update about a month ago gw has been extremely hard. I like a challenge but when I can't crack a dent in these team's it's not even fun which is the purpose. Today has gotten worse. Node 6 had to face The 4 Rogue one toons and Gen kenobi. And all of them decked out to make it impossible. Wish they would fix this or take out the toons ppl spend tons of loot to get.

Replies

• https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/107154/can-you-make-gw-harder#latest

^Then you have this. GW is what it is. I have most every faction 7* and Zetas and some days I get it handed to me and GW is a PITA. Other days I prance through it like a shimmering unicorn in a field of sparkles.

Also, you probably need to work on Boba Fett... he fixes things for you.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Working on zeta .regardless if i do make it to 12th node i face the same team every time now.makes no sense. I've never got shut down on node 6 before where they can whipe out every team i have. My 4 best teams got crushed and baze still had full health.
  • Boba Fett for Baze - he's easy to farm and will give you a chance.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • When I 1st started playing, the advice I received was something of the effect to only focus on one team: Arena only! Do not waste resources on other characters. If this sounds like the way you have been playing, then Galactic War is not for you to beat every day...

The reality is that Galactic War caters to players who have a large inventory to select from. Some players are not building an inventory, which is fine. But if you are struggling to break the top 200 in Arena, then the difference in crystals is what... 5-15 crystals????? I think I get 10 crystals each day for beating the last node of GW!

Develop a few teams, especially ones that have other uses, like Rebels, Jedi, Empire (now) for events, and you'll need tanks/support/attackers for the challenges, look at crew members because they have fleet uses... Get a few unique teams that have gear 6/7, most of their abilities and attacks to L5+, make sure they all have mods appropriate for their role.

I know I have a pretty deep roster, but I'm facing zeta's QGJ, Yoda, GK, teams or zeta'd Kylo Ren, nihilus, dooku, so my Rogue One can not beat some of these teams on the purple nodes at times, so I send in one of the others to soften them up a bit.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Dakk
    44 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    My perspective... I'm fairly new. Been playing for a couple of months now. Player level 77. I beat GW every day with only the odd battle being replayed, or having to send in my 'B Team' to soften them up. I use my squad arena team, Sith under Darth Nihilus lead. The squads I face vary as they do for everyone with lots of appearances by Wiggs, the Rogue One characters, Darth Nihilus & Emperor Palps, maxed out Yodas. Today my final node was maxed out level 85 Wiggs, Lando, Rey, and Emperor Palpatine.

I use the exact same squad for both arena and GW, and rarely have to sub in a 'B Team' or change up individual characters. However, the Sith synergy is powerful right now. My Dooku is speed modded up and runs like a chop saw under Darth Nihilus lead. Baze? Dooku cuts through him pretty fast when he himself gets hit often by the opposing team, even with his friend healing him up. That's the great thing about battling an AI with weaknesses... it doesn't understand the advantage of not using an AE attack, or the futility of attacking Dooku when you can only scratch him.

I think its all about finding a powerful synergy that also takes advantage of the AI's weaknesses, and is also broad enough to deal with many varying circumstances. Then if you have a few other key characters to fill in when circumstances call for it, all the better.

They sometimes call arena 'Player vs Player', but really.... you're always playing the AI. There's one point where you actually can impact another player's efforts in PvP, and that has to do with influencing the choices they make before the battle. In GW, that's never an option... its just you and the AI.
  • Thanks premier. I have Fett only gear 8. Halfway to zeta but im using it on Finn. I run resistance team for pvp and currently 55th w/o any zeta. I have great teams and just cant believe running my four best squads i cant take 1 toon out .but I will work on fett, thanks again
  • My Fett is g8 too, can't get droid caller bits to save my life. He is still one of my hardest working toons. Speed Primary Arrow, Potency Primary Cross with some speed & potency secondaries and he's good to go. Still not as squishy as my Rex.
  • Dakk
    44 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    "Bounty Hunter's Resolve" is the way 'around' Baze. Dooku under Nihilus lead is the way through him.

Don't forget characters that dispel taunt either. Some options there.