Which of R2's abilities will be better to zeta first?

Prev1
Title. They both look great in their own way. Combat analysis zeta synergizes greatly with chaze and GK (Chaze countering and GK giving retribution to the team).
Number crunch zeta however makes everyone on the team slightly beefier.
I feel like combat analysis is better after typing this out but I want to hear some other thoughts on it
Also, would dropping Rex from lead to add R2 and making GK or Nihilus lead work?

Replies

• Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    The cleanse on Crit is the real deal.
  • Bossak
    119 posts Member
    Yeah... a cleanse for half of the toons in the game is amazing... maybe the best zeta released so far
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Rex L, gk, Chirrut Baze, dn is still going to reign Supreme. No R2 needed.
  • Why is that Scuba? Because of Rex's TM gain for the team?
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Why is that Scuba? Because of Rex's TM gain for the team?

What in that team is R2 going to replace? The team already beats zeta Maul lead sith so don't need the anti evasion help. The only small possibility of replacing some on that team with R2 would be Baze but that makes chirrut to fragile so still not really a great option. I just don't see R2 helping make that team better or making that team easier to beat.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

What in that team is R2 going to replace? The team already beats zeta Maul lead sith so don't need the anti evasion help. The only small possibility of replacing some on that team with R2 would be Baze but that makes chirrut to fragile so still not really a great option. I just don't see R2 helping make that team better or making that team easier to beat.

True, but not everyone has Chaze and GK. R2 is still a solid character and those zetas could really help out some other teams, especially in holding rank.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Yeah, i was wondering on which to spend my zeta as well... I think i'll be going with crit cleanse as well, since i run Jedi and none of them will get GR tag... Let's see how it rolls!!
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    The0n3 wrote: »
    Yeah, i was wondering on which to spend my zeta as well... I think i'll be going with crit cleanse as well, since i run Jedi and none of them will get GR tag... Let's see how it rolls!!

I think it depends on what team you're running him in. Droid team the second zeta is better. Most droids are Dark Side... The Resistance team might need both, but they really need potency more than the rest do so they can focus on speed. For most teams the first one is probably the better choice.
  • Planning on trying zFinn,Poe,Rey,RT,R2D2 with zeta Number Crunch, sounds neat
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »

I think it depends on what team you're running him in. Droid team the second zeta is better. Most droids are Dark Side... The Resistance team might need both, but they really need potency more than the rest do so they can focus on speed. For most teams the first one is probably the better choice.

Yes, i guess if you run one or more toons that get the zeta bonus from R2, maybe it's a good idea to zeta that, but the crit cleanse for LS toons will probably be the most used zeta at starts since it gives the bonus to everyone, not just some specific faction...

All i know is that he's useless under a Zaul lead, and not a good choice to teams that run mostly DS toons... He'll make the Rex/Gk/Chaze meta even worse lol... But i think he can work really nice under zQGJ... I hope i'm not wrong, i just started hoarding stun guns for this...
  • Gotta love the light side only tag. As if the light side needed more cleansers...
  • The0n3 wrote: »

All the jedi have the "Galactic Republic" tag on the sort tab for the characters so I think that would make him even better there
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member

All the jedi have the "Galactic Republic" tag on the sort tab for the characters so I think that would make him even better there

Holy cow i just saw it, it's true! He can have 2 zeta bonus in a full Jedi team, NICE!!
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    In this case i think i'll zeta the GR tag bonus first, 10% offense for all team it's simply awesome...
    In this case i think i'll zeta the GR tag bonus first, 10% offense for all team it's simply awesome...

Add his unique that gives 10% cc and you have your team hitting like trucks
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member

True, but not everyone has Chaze and GK. R2 is still a solid character and those zetas could really help out some other teams, especially in holding rank.

Agree he can probably help out, but if you have the characters to make the Rex L, gk, Chirrut, Baze, dn R2 is not going to help at all.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    SubzeeeDon wrote: »

Add his unique that gives 10% cc and you have your team hitting like trucks

I'm counting on it!! xD
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Gotta love the light side only tag. As if the light side needed more cleansers...

Poor droids.....
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Gotta love the light side only tag. As if the light side needed more cleansers...

Poor droids.....

Lol. Now you're just trolling him. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • scuba wrote: »

Agree he can probably help out, but if you have the characters to make the Rex L, gk, Chirrut, Baze, dn R2 is not going to help at all.

Would Rex (L) Chaze DN and R2 be viable at the top of arena ? I'm considering switching my Zader Zidious Zihilus Boba TFP team to a Rex lead. I have him and DN maxed (obviously) and considering farming chaze now. Anywhere close to get Kenobi so that's not an option...

Thanks for your input !
  • kodias
    264 posts Member

You don't really need the crit cleanse if you run jedi. You have tenacity up for the majority of the fight so I think getting that zeta first would be a waste. It would help if B2 gets his dispell off but you have GK to cleanse, Number Crunch is where it's at. Combat Analysis would be decent if you were thinking of subbing out yoda for R2. The way I am planning on going is subbing out Aayla for R2 so number crunch's offense and stat boost will be a great addition to my Jedi.
  • McBee
    228 posts Member
    I don't care as long as he is referred to henceforth as "Zartoo"
  • McBee wrote: »

If anything it should be RZ-D2 for 1 zeta and RZ-DZ for 2.

I
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    kodias wrote: »

You don't really need the crit cleanse if you run jedi. You have tenacity up for the majority of the fight so I think getting that zeta first would be a waste. It would help if B2 gets his dispell off but you have GK to cleanse, Number Crunch is where it's at. Combat Analysis would be decent if you were thinking of subbing out yoda for R2. The way I am planning on going is subbing out Aayla for R2 so number crunch's offense and stat boost will be a great addition to my Jedi.

Yes, that's what i'll do. I'll be switching Aayla for R2 and putting the zeta in number crunch. I thought about zetaing crit cleanse before i realized all Jedi were GR tag, so yeah, i'm pretty much doing the same as you are. I'm never switching Yoda, EVER! Lol

PS: Of course, i'm already hoarding zetas so i can put both zetas on him, in a Jedi team, his both zetas will be good. I can zeta one of them already, so i'm going with number crunch as well...
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Carbonari wrote: »
    McBee wrote: »

I

No no.... Z2-D2 for 1, R2-Z2 for 2... Z2-Z2 for both!
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member

@scuba what do you think about running R2 on a R1 squad in place of K2?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
    Carbonari wrote: »
    McBee wrote: »

I

No no.... Z2-D2 for 1, R2-Z2 for 2... Z2-Z2 for both!

I'm still going to just call him Artoo.
  • ThePhantomPen
    131 posts Member
    edited April 2017

Does anyone know how many zetas Artoo will require for each ability? I hope it's not like Yoda where he needs 60 total.
  • Does anyone know how many zetas Artoo will require for each ability? I hope it's not like Yoda where he needs 60 total.

Swgoh.gg
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Does anyone know how many zetas Artoo will require for each ability? I hope it's not like Yoda where he needs 60 total.

It's 20 for each one... And Yoda also needs 40 total to zeta his 2 skills that require zetas o.O