Why all the secrecy with Ship Omegas???

DieInFire
802 posts Member
edited April 2017
There were some threads days ago, and beside the initial reaponse of Cozyspoon, there were no word from the devs about it.

Since CG put the ship omegas behind paywall, I would like to know when they are gonna be farmable.
Hiya!
Forwarding this to our team to see what's what. Thanks!

So this means Ship Omegas weren't intended to be on the packs?

It's been almost two weeks @CG_Kozispoon and since you answer in some threads with some funny .gifs, but never another word on ship omegas.

Why all the secrecy? Why not a word about it??

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/104528/ship-omegas-any-one-else-notice-this

So I'm being crush with these new omegas by the whales in my fleet shard:

2na88j9.jpg
2ln7hwi.jpg

For those who don't know what I'm Tarkin about: ship omegas (not prestiges) appeared on the Phoenix ship packs (the ones for money, not the packs for crystals) and their description STILL said they are obtainable on daily once you get to level 85.

Edit: image attached:

29gju3l.jpg

Replies

• DieInFire wrote: »
    There were some threads days ago, and beside the initial reaponse of Cozyspoon, there were no word from the devs about it.

Since CG put the ship omegas behind paywall, I would like to know when they are gonna be farmable.
    Hiya!
    Forwarding this to our team to see what's what. Thanks!

So this means Ship Omegas weren't intended to be on the packs?

It's been almost two weeks @CG_Kozispoon and since you answer in some threads with some funny .gifs, but never another word on ship omegas.

Why all the secrecy? Why not a word about it??

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/104528/ship-omegas-any-one-else-notice-this

So I'm being crush with these new omegas by the whales in my fleet shard:

2na88j9.jpg
    2ln7hwi.jpg

For those who don't know what I'm Tarkin about: ship omegas (not prestiges) appeared on the Phoenix ship packs (the ones for money, not the packs for crystals) and their description STILL said they are obtainable on daily once you get to level 85.

Edit: image attached:

29gju3l.jpg

+1000

I have read those threads, too. I upgraded my ships to level 85 for that reason, but never got omega. I think this is not fair. At least, they should answer your question, we have right to know when it will be farmable.
  • Very good point and screenshots!
    ...which is open since dez 2016:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/78726/how-to-get-ship-omegas#latest

Work a round: stop at lvl80 (last gun update for f2p) and go wider (new ship)
    Bobi's ship - Slave I gets +15 damage at lvl84 this is up to 15+(15*.25)+(15*.25)=22.5 more damage
  • Eirher people don't understand what p2w is or they don't care it seems here.
  • warmonkey wrote: »
    Eirher people don't understand what p2w is or they don't care it seems here.
    Did you bother to read the entire thread or just trolling for fun?
    One dev, @CG_Kozispoon seemed surprised with the thread about ship omegas, and said will ask the team about it, and some of us are still waiting for the response. Is that hard to understand?

We want to know when are they gong to be farmable.
    So far only certain characters and ships were behind paywall, and most people are ok with that. But there's no statement about having ship omegas behind paywall.
  • if we could buy that pack more then once sure be fine with that but one pack with just 8 whats the point?
  • if we could buy that pack more then once sure be fine with that but one pack with just 8 whats the point?
    The new gauntlet pack also have them, and they still says they are obtainable at level 85 through daily challenges:

rri8e9.jpg
    29ngnio.jpg
  • Omega's only provide a small bonus, wont win or loose you the battle in most cases. Why the fuss?
  • Nightlores wrote: »
    Omega's only provide a small bonus, wont win or loose you the battle in most cases. Why the fuss?

The fuss is because it says they are obtainable at level 85. The fuss is because a dev looked surprised when a thread about the content of the packs appeared and said he will ask the team but so far there are no responses.
  • In all honesty put an omega in boba and hardly notice the difference. Yes I can do more damage, but his special before usually one shotted TL ships anyway, now it's just overkill.i saved the left over omegas and was going to buy the gauntlet to make another 12, but the only other one I would give it to is fives, and it would be almost the same ability....
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    This needs attention, especially since it's not, in my opinion, intentional.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    DieInFire wrote: »
    warmonkey wrote: »
    Eirher people don't understand what p2w is or they don't care it seems here.
    Did you bother to read the entire thread or just trolling for fun?
    One dev, @CG_Kozispoon seemed surprised with the thread about ship omegas, and said will ask the team about it, and some of us are still waiting for the response. Is that hard to understand?

We want to know when are they gong to be farmable.
    So far only certain characters and ships were behind paywall, and most people are ok with that. But there's no statement about having ship omegas behind paywall.

I made two threads about this last week
  • Uragon
    25 posts Member
    Is there a link as to description of ship omegas and which ships has them?
  • The answer has been said already by one of the other devs - "Oh look everyone - R2!"
  • kodias
    264 posts Member
    Uragon wrote: »
    Is there a link as to description of ship omegas and which ships has them?

Every ship has one. It's the tier 7 ability of the pilot that can be unlocked once the pilot hits g11. Most of them only have minor damage increase (5%) some have (15%). I don't see it as that much of an advantage but it's frustrating getting your pilot to g11 and realizing you can't upgrade the ability any more because the materials haven't been added to the game yet. Ship Omegas should be released well before a level cap increase.The level requirement for the omega ability is g11 so makes no sense that we can't unlock it at max level. By the time they do release them, g12 will also be released so we will be playing catch up
  • Waez wrote: »
    This needs attention, especially since it's not, in my opinion, intentional.

Exactly. That's why @CG_Kozispoon said he will ask the team about it, but still not a word from the devs. However you can see them responding with gifs on many threads.
    If it wasn't intentional, they haven't done anything to rectify. many people bought the packs only for the omegas so they will not rectify it, however if that's the case, an official word on the matter is all what I'm asking, plus an answer on where and when they are going to be farmables.
    Sorry @warmonkey probably misread your comment.
  • WHALES? spending $10 is a "whale"?

cmon. Yes, maybe it's unfair, but to call these light spenders whales is extreme.
  • DieInFire
    802 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    WHALES? spending $10 is a "whale"?

cmon. Yes, maybe it's unfair, but to call these light spenders whales is extreme.

Not everyone buying these packs is a whale, but mostly every whale is buying these packs. The people I face in arena are definitively whales as they have slave1 scimitar and others 7*

Edit: not every whale but a big percentage at least
  • This is the first I've heard about this.
  • Problem solved - Ship Omegas gone (1 mai update?)
  • Clanomadd
    122 posts Member
    WHALES? spending $10 is a "whale"?

Not everyone buying these packs is a whale, but mostly every whale is buying these packs. The people I face in arena are definitively whales as they have slave1 scimitar and others 7*

Edit: not every whale but a big percentage at least

Having Slave 1 and Scimitar at 7* does not make you a whale. I have saved fleet tokens from the beginning and always bought slave 1 blueprints when they appear; now 7*
  • Sifusan
    59 posts Member
    Maybe we'll get these ships Omega after they introduce PvE with ships in the next update ?
    We'll probably get daily activities for these new ships energy.
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    if we could buy that pack more then once sure be fine with that but one pack with just 8 whats the point?
    The new gauntlet pack also have them, and they still says they are obtainable at level 85 through daily challenges:

rri8e9.jpg
    29ngnio.jpg

It is most likely text error that they didn't put in the override message for the ships omega's in the packs.

When ships were originally released in November 2016 the message in game for ship's omega's said the same thing.
    24rp23z.jpg
    They changed it with an update.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/82239/game-update-12-15-2016
    Corrected an issue that stated that the Ship Ability Material Omega was available at level 80+ through completion of Daily Activities. Ship ability Omega materials will be available in a later update

Would be great if they just told us when they were going to be made available, but I doubt we will get any info till that "later update" is released.