Will I be able to get R2 unlock?

Hi everyone! I was wondering if my team composition would be able to get R2 to 5* (possible, just guesses because we don't know the difficulty) thanks!
Team: EP (L) 7* G9
Vader 7* G10
TFP 7* G8
RG 5* G7
Tarkin 5* G7
Thanks everyone, any input is good input! ;)

Replies

• Pzb14
    23 posts Member
    Yes 5*
  • GreenGoblin96
    1321 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    If the difficulty is the same as the palp event then yes, you will. If not, who knows
  • Yes. Seriously there is no need to post the same thread over and over again.
    Do you have 5 characters at 5*? Yes? Ok good.
    Do you have those 5 characters at gear VII-VIII? Yes? Then good.
    If you meet the above requirements, and if the event is as hard as Palpatine's or a bit harder, then YOU WILL BE ABLE to unlock the character. Is there something that will make it easier for you to beat it? Of course their is, MODS. If you feel like you can beat it, but you are constantly losing, then simply move a few mods from your arena team and you're set!

Asking if you can beat the event with 5 characters 7*, Gear XI, lvl 85 fully modded is just bragging..
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Hmmm. Making this post was not very lazy of you. I think you should change your name to regular amount of lazy guy
  • Snake2 wrote: »
    Hmmm. Making this post was not very lazy of you. I think you should change your name to regular amount of lazy guy

I know, but I am too lazy to do it :/
  • Just keep working on them and when R2's event rolls around you find out if they are good enough. Nobody knows for sure how difficult it will be (only educated guesses) so g10 might not be good enough to unlock him.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Snake2 wrote: »

I know, but I am too lazy to do it :/

Well played, lol
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Good for you dude. I'm kinda getting tired of all those same posts. Way to do something about it
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    i don't have any empire at gear 11.... 3 at gear 10 and then Vader and Tarkin at 8 good enough?

i feel like it should be. I got Palp with 1 straggler at gear 8, and i didn't have Wiggs either. So I'm hoping i can barely squeaky by the 7 star version. Frankly I wasn't even planning on moving any mods around. Vader and Tarkin will just got whatever mishmash mods i have left over to help them survive one or two more hits

i mean, no need to 3 star the battle, just need to survive with 1 more than guy than the Rebels, right?
  • Tigzie
    579 posts Member
    I was just gonna say who cares? It's a garbage character wasted on a Yoda style event.
  • What if I have five 5* empire characters and three of them are gear VII but the other two are gear VI. Will I still be able to do it? Which mods do I need?

Thanks.
  • My guess is that it will be harder than Yoda and Palps.

Those aren't tuned to include good mods on your squad and this new one surely will.

My guess is G8 with good mods will be the bare minimum to unlock and probably G11 (or G10 with crazy mods) to get R2 to 7*.

Just a guess though.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    WenHandel wrote: »
    What if I have five 5* empire characters and three of them are gear VII but the other two are gear VI. Will I still be able to do it? Which mods do I need?

Thanks.

I am not trying to sound like a ****, but honestly, no one has any idea. This is the first time for this event. My guess (and that's all it is) based on Yoda/Palp is that Gear VI and VII might be a little on the weaker side (I'd be more comfortable and GVIII). But again, this is just a somewhat educated guess.

Mods are dependent on which heroes, which leader you will be using and honestly, the event itself (which we don't know). If the opponents are crazy high speed, you might need mods with strong secondary speed (which are always good) - but if they're not, a combination of health/protection and potency might be better.

Keep in mind that the event will likely run 7-11 days (again, guessing) - so you will have some time to adjust mods, move them around, etc.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I have 4 G11 7* Empire characters, but other than that only snowtrooper at 3* G3. Who should I farm to unlock R2 and will I be able to 7* him? How much gear do I need on the toon I farm?
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Imo those who make those dumb threads should discover the beauty of using Line and Discord to talk with GUILD MATES or find a mega chat to ask those questions. Making those kind of threads here is dumb especially since i have solid guild mates that will give me better advice the the randomness of players in forum
  • M_L wrote: »
    i don't have any empire at gear 11.... 3 at gear 10 and then Vader and Tarkin at 8 good enough?
    i mean, no need to 3 star the battle, just need to survive with 1 more than guy than the Rebels, right?
    Yes. You can 7 star it easily.
    WenHandel wrote: »
    What if I have five 5* empire characters and three of them are gear VII but the other two are gear VI. Will I still be able to do it? Which mods do I need?

Thanks.

You should be able to do it. I had the same level and gear of charaters for palps the first time and I got him. Just move some of your better mods around.
    Tigzie wrote: »
    I was just gonna say who cares? It's a garbage character wasted on a Yoda style event.

He seems pretty promising tbh
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Acrofales wrote: »
    I have 4 G11 7* Empire characters, but other than that only snowtrooper at 3* G3. Who should I farm to unlock R2?

Magmatrooper is the quickest farm in GW shipments. Especially if you have any GW currency built up.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • One of the problems is so many games come out and the same day you can look up "how to's" and videos on how to get past a part of it, or what do you need to get, or do, to beat a boss.

This game is controlled enough there is nothing to look up... players. have. to. wait.

Must drive them insane, clearly.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • I was just kidding, crazylazyguy. I have maxed empire characters. But you were really kind to reply like that. ;-)
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Tigzie wrote: »

Whoa, don't complain later if you get your butt handed to you by that "garbage character"...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    One of the problems is so many games come out and the same day you can look up "how to's" and videos on how to get past a part of it, or what do you need to get, or do, to beat a boss.

This game is controlled enough there is nothing to look up... players. have. to. wait.

Must drive them insane, clearly.

This. Within an hour or two of Gar being released, there was a Youtube video of g11, 7* Gar in arena battles....and several blow hole sightings. :D

• Something tells me this event is going to be hard!