Should fleet rewards give out crystals?

Prev1
CK_3030
177 posts Member
edited April 2017
Obviously normal arena does so why not ships?

Would earning crystals in this area gain the interest of those who are currently swearing it off?

Another thought I've had is: by not earning crystals, does this mean it's more competitive for F2P users? I have the highest ranked arena team (50's) in my shard and no one else in the top 20 is even close to being that high. The two other guys who finish in the top 3 with me are in the 200's... so I guess my next question is this: does not earning crystals deter whales?

If no, why not?

Here's my poll. Please vote.

Replies

• No.
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Yes, but no where near as much as Arena.

Maybe #1 gets 20 Crystals, and then scale downward from there, with 5 being the minimum. Or give just 2 to the Fleet Arena Daily Activity reward. Main priority for Fleet Arena is supposed to be Fleet coins.

Just my point of view.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Count fleet arena as part of the arena guild activities. I wouldn't mind a few crystals with my ships payout.
  • Zetas are way too much a cause to be concerned with these ships
  • CK_3030
    177 posts Member
    Zetas are way too much a cause to be concerned with these ships

Except if you aren't concerned with ships then you won't place high enough in its arena to regularly get a decent amount of fleet shards and fleet gold, which will just send you plummeting even farther. This is why I haven't collected a single zeta within the store and only earn them through the challenge, that way I can first max out my ships in order to stay competitive later.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    No
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • No -

I'd be happy with a more consistent drop rate for Slave1 and Scimitar.
  • No.

No

No
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Yes. Fleet rewards are OK but not great. I like lots of fleet currency and some fleet arena tokens but some crystals would make it worth while
  • CK_3030
    177 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    sneeyatch wrote: »
    I'd be happy with a more consistent drop rate for Slave1 and Scimitar.

They come for me, it's Rex's Arc-170 that hardly ever shows up.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nope.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    No.

Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    love how people that say no, don't list any justification.

My opinion is if arena does, why not fleet?

Right now at least it would make some sense.

A lot of the characters in fleet are not "arena worthy" currently so its not like #1 in arena means #1 in fleet.

Newer players have to split a ton of resources currently and arena is still considered vital to progress at a decent speed. Crystals or Zetas etc etc. If they could focus on one or the other could be a good option.

While long-timers and whales continue their exponential advancement, which also is, probably the biggest issue with more crystals in fleet.

I would say there are probably better ways to help out new players (Better odds in bronzium, more free characters, maybe even larger crystal rewards for levels or achievements).

• JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    We're already given pretty generous amounts of crystals. If they give out too much, then they have to make ridiculously expensive ways to bleed crystals back out of us. The game is at a pretty decent equilibrium (except for the cuff/gun gate being a tad snug, and single hard node farms). Don't want to upset the apple cart with throwing a wrench in the economy.

Also ships are fun, but it's too underdeveloped an aspect of the game to have the most valuable resource as a reward. I'm content to just get fleet currency from it, and to not feel the need to babysit two arena payouts per day. I rarely am ever on at fleet arena payout. If I'm 5th or 10th I don't really care. Not life altering.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Fleet gives out way more in terms of value than ppl give it credit for, giving out crystals would mean taking out all credits for starters and then maybe some of the fleet tokens
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    No
  • Yes but not as much as normal arena. I don't see why they don't give out crystals. normal arena gives credits tokens and crystals

Ship arena only gives tokens and credits. Why is that so?

And no I don't care if you like ships or not that's not a valid reason. arenas should have the same type of rewards.

And yes it it's more balanced into terms of payout which is why the crystal payout should be reduced. 200 for top spot seems sufficient and have it baldness out a Lower tiers like the fleet token rewards are

• Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Everybody obviously wants crystals to give it more of an incentive to play it. But with all fleet currency it gives out, even for being top 100 is a lot. You can farm the most premium characters/items from the shop. If you want cuffs/guns or shards, this is your place to farm, somewhere we were not able to farm from for nearly the first year of this games life
  • RedTwo
    58 posts Member
    Already too time consuming between squad and fleet arenas. Why would you want to make it so you have to dedicate two hours to fleet arena to hold same rank as one hour gives. Meaning, by giving crystal rewards for fleet arena, more players would refresh for more battles, causing a larger fall in rank daily.
  • Fleet currency is valuable enough a reward as it is. Deciding between purchasing zeta mats, character shards, or ship blueprints is meant to be an exercise in restraint and prioritizing. If crystals were added, you could then more easily justify spending crystals on ship packs, freeing up your fleet currency for zetas. That's an appealing prospect, for sure, but unnecessary. For f2p and light spenders, squad arena is the number one source of crystals. Adding crystals to fleet shipments would cause f2p and light spenders to spread their resources even thinner to be able to stay competitive in both. You would then have a greater disparity between the whales and the f2p, putting the light spenders at a huge disadvantage as well. Printing more money doesn't mean everyone gets richer, it leads to inflation. I don't think any of us need that in-game.

Fleet rewards are great as they are and enough of an incentive to participate in fleet arena.
  • Would be happy with just more ship credits!
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Why shouldn't it?
    Fleet currency is equivalent to Arena currency so it's not like that's a unique thing that replaces crystals. I've been f2p for months (and only spent maybe $50 total) and I'm able to stay competitive in both Arena and Fleet.
    There's a ton of people who talk about not liking ships and not wanting to participate in them. Now, we all know they'll flood the forums with angst when a ship raid gets released... but if you wanted to encourage participation now, adding crystals would do it.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    I hope it never will. I am in an insane shard where the top 200 players have insanely maxed toons (mostly G11 and 5* mods). I never even have a chance at getting to the top 50 or top 20! In comparison other players who have been playing for a longer time than me, but have weaker rosters, easily make top 20 with their petty little ships...I hate how they filled the shards for fleet arena...!
  • CK_3030
    177 posts Member
    Muaddib wrote: »
    There's a ton of people who talk about not liking ships and not wanting to participate in them. Now, we all know they'll flood the forums with angst when a ship raid gets released... but if you wanted to encourage participation now, adding crystals would do it.

Perhaps that's exactly why CG isn't dishing out crystals. They figure lots of people will ignore it and then when fleet raids finally come they won't be able to participate and some will give in by forking over the money in order to get immediate rewards.

I'm personally of the opinion that we should get crystals, but not nearly as much since we already receive a lot of fleet tokens. I'd say somewhere between one and two hundred for spot #1.
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    CK_3030 wrote: »

Perhaps that's exactly why CG isn't dishing out crystals. They figure lots of people will ignore it and then when fleet raids finally come they won't be able to participate and some will give in by forking over the money in order to get immediate rewards.

I'm personally of the opinion that we should get crystals, but not nearly as much since we already receive a lot of fleet tokens. I'd say somewhere between one and two hundred for spot #1.

100% agree with both points.
  • Yes, any pvp based game mode should have crystals in the payouts.
    Travelling through Hyperspace ain't like dustin' crops, boy!
  • lamatoe
    131 posts Member
    Naturally all the "no's" come from people who don't rank highly.
    So by that rational let's get rid of normal arena crystals.

Yay.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    lamatoe wrote: »
    Naturally all the "no's" come from people who don't rank highly.
    So by that rational let's get rid of normal arena crystals.

Yay.

Do you want to switch shards with me? I would have found it fair if the distribution of players is the same for normal arena and the fleet arena. Now I am in a shard with people who have played twice as long as me!
  • CK_3030 wrote: »

I also agree with this.

1st place-- 100 crystals
    2nd place-- 50
    3rd place - 25
    4th-10th place- 20
    10th-50th place-- 15
    50-100th place-- 10
    100-200th place-- 5
    200-500th get 2 for showing up.

I don't see how this would upset the balance of the game. It would add enough interest for people to want to catch up, spend, and offset the prize crystals.