Holy depreciation!

For the low, low cost of 2.17 million credits, you can be the proud owner of a 5* grey mod. Then to go and sell said mod, you will get 9000 credits for it. The mod loses over 99% of its value as soon as you "drive it off the lot". These are either completely over priced or totally undervalued as you go to sell one. Obviously they are over priced but losing over 99% of its value seems a bit over the top. I'm not trying to rant here. Just an observation.

Replies

• Options
    Dont buy grey mods
  • Options
    Don't buy grey mods from the store?
  • Options
    I guess they feel the mods are worth more in the shop because you can pick which ones you want to buy. With that said, most everything in this game is priced very high.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Lol obviously don't buy them. It kind of shows what the devs actually think they are worth.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Don't buy grey mods from the store?

Nope.

Only ones to buy grey from the store is a speed primary arrow.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    At least they allow us to sell them at all, and not simply charge us a disposal fee.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    I completely agree with the OP's observation. Totally get no one's obligated to buy mods.

but the purchase price vs selling price is still relevant. It gives us an idea of the relative worth of such trinkets.

Cars are generally used as an example of a rapidly depreciating asset. But mods are by far much much worse.
  • Options
    It really reflects their opinion of the players. They charge an omg-are-you-serious!?! amount for "their" property, and then a pittance for "your" property.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    I took my two million credit mod to GameStop, and they offered me nine thousand credits towards my next two million credit mod purchase.
  • Options
    I only buy grey ones if they are 5 dot speed arrows or crit damage triangles. They are too rare to pass up when they show.
  • Options
    M_L wrote: »
    but the purchase price vs selling price is still relevant. It gives us an idea of the relative worth of such trinkets.

It's not relevant in this case. There is no open market for mods.

The reason mods are going to have a poor sell value is because a big part of the economy game is resource restriction, including credits. If mods had high sell values (say 1m for a 5 dot mod), it would give people the option to mod farm simply to cash those mods in for credits, alleviating one of the resource restrictions.

• Options
    Not asking for 1m for a 5dot mod. 9k is downright insulting. How about 50k for 5 dot, that's not unreasonable.