Imperial Trooper Updates - ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• DoomeyEyes
    264 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    stumpoman wrote: »
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    So, who would be the best leader for these troopers?

Some people say there are no dumb questions... to that I say, allow me to introduce exhibit A
    There are 6 options for leader. They are still Empire. I don't know why you would pick Tarkin though

... I'm flummoxed... there is only 1 leader that is an Imperial Trooper... let's get up to speed folks... then we can all Veer in the right direction.

Yes, it will require a zeta, but it's pretty obvious that the only current use for this team is p3 of HAAT... or normal AAT if you're into that
  • DoomeyEyes wrote: »

Some people say there are no dumb questions... to that I say, allow me to introduce exhibit A
    There are 6 options for leader. They are still Empire. I don't know why you would pick Tarkin though

... I'm flummoxed... there is only 1 leader that is an Imperial Trooper... let's get up to speed folks... then we can all Veer in the right direction.

Gah, I kept thinking it applied to all Empire - nvm lol
  • Melvil
    242 posts Member
    So Stormtrooper still has a 3 turn taunt with a 4 turn cooldown? :D And now he gets a zeta which gives him offense in an ally dies..... :D

So to sum up - a tank, with a 3 turn taunt, gets an ability which will give him offense when an ally dies.....Am I the only one who fails to see the logic here? :D

If he'd had his taunt reduced to 1/2 turns with the appropriate cooldown and the AoE buff he gives, a Veers led trooper team might have been a great option for P4 of the tank...now they're just a bit better but still mostly useless, as a team that is.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Melvil wrote: »
    So Stormtrooper still has a 3 turn taunt with a 4 turn cooldown? :D And now he gets a zeta which gives him offense in an ally dies..... :D

So to sum up - a tank, with a 3 turn taunt, gets an ability which will give him offense when an ally dies.....Am I the only one who fails to see the logic here? :D

If he'd had his taunt reduced to 1/2 turns with the appropriate cooldown and the AoE buff he gives, a Veers led trooper team might have been a great option for P4 of the tank...now they're just a bit better but still mostly useless, as a team that is.

You're not the only one seeing flaw in Stormtrooper zeta.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    So are we just going to keep release actual balanced teams that ultimately are useless compared to zaul and chaze? Balance your game cg.
  • No TFP this is ridiculous
  • Good, at least these trashcans are still trashcans.
  • The lack of TFP is unnaceptable. He's a trooper. In the imperial forces. He literally has the emblem on him. Also you excluded IMPERIAL Super Commando
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    The lack of TFP is unnaceptable. He's a trooper. In the imperial forces. He literally has the emblem on him. Also you excluded IMPERIAL Super Commando

You do realize "Imperial" is just an adjective to describe something part of an Empire. The Empire tag still exists, it didn't go anywhere.
  • Haters gonna hate - but I'm excited. I think it's on......

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/107002/possible-veers-p3-aat-team#latest

I'm excited about the updates - Storm / Snow / Magma will be a nice triumvirate with Veers and Vader!!!!

Stop making everything about arena - this is a cool update!!!
  • Any thoughts as to when the update will be live? Tuesday?

Yes, it will require a zeta, but it's pretty obvious that the only current use for this team is p3 of HAAT... or normal AAT if you're into that
    All the imperial troopers still benefit from empire leads. Run a Krennic lead with Veers and 3 imperial troopers and all the troopers have +40 crit chance and inflict ability block when they crit a debuffed enemy, plus the synergy of the unique abilities of the troopers. Veers is not the only answer here.
  • DoomeyEyes
    264 posts Member
    edited April 2017

All the imperial troopers still benefit from empire leads. Run a Krennic lead with Veers and 3 imperial troopers and all the troopers have +40 crit chance and inflict ability block when they crit a debuffed enemy, plus the synergy of the unique abilities of the troopers. Veers is not the only answer here.

Fair point... Zader may be viable with Zeers and 3 other Troopers in p3 HAAT... maybe even p2... but as others have intimated, trooper teams are not arena viable
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Unless stromtrooper is also getting a health boost he's still a garbage can, just shiny now

Fair point... Zader may be viable with Zeers and 3 other Troopers in p3 HAAT... maybe even p2... but as others have intimated, trooper teams are not arena viable

I think they could actually be solid in P4 as well - Storm gives all Empire allies D up for 3 turns - that's the buff cover for zDV. My post linked above was for P3 - I think it will be great there - but it should be solid for P2-4 really. This will be a cool team to build and have fun with.

I think they could actually be solid in P4 as well - Storm gives all Empire allies D up for 3 turns - that's the buff cover for zDV. My post linked above was for P3 - I think it will be great there - but it should be solid for P2-4 really. This will be a cool team to build and have fun with.

Which goes back to my original thought - can a zader + troopers combo manage raids? My initial guess was yes but not sure
  • I think it's a grest update... some have these toons already and they have been useless till now. Now they become interesting for raids which are a key part of the game.
    They may (?) not be arena worthy in top 10 or top 20 or top 50 depending on shards... but still usefull toons that some players already have and that are for the most accessible (excluding shore).

Arena meta will be impacted by the update... r2 will do that. And to get r2 you need a strong empire team... the above makes me wish i had my troopers farmed and geared...
  • Startomsto wrote: »
    I think it's a grest update... some have these toons already and they have been useless till now. Now they become interesting for raids which are a key part of the game.
    They may (?) not be arena worthy in top 10 or top 20 or top 50 depending on shards... but still usefull toons that some players already have and that are for the most accessible (excluding shore).

Arena meta will be impacted by the update... r2 will do that. And to get r2 you need a strong empire team... the above makes me wish i had my troopers farmed and geared...
    I'm curious to see what happens when R2 comes out in terms of it shifting the meta. If R2 is the end of the zMaul meta and the meta shifts to R2 + 2 or more rebels, it opens the door for some of the toons that just got reworked to be part of the counter meta (DT).
  • What does shore trooper health immunity really mean? I don't think anyone else has that ability
  • unit900000
    626 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    so snowtrooper has the potential to become the empires lando? interesting.

only thing im working on is veers from hard mode battles and i was all ready working on stormtrooper for tank raid sense i need a 3rd tank for p3 and hes one of the only 3 7* taunters i have. not going to invest into anything else until i can see what they can do but my magma and shore are in a good spot gear wise and hopefully my stormtrooper will be to as i was all ready working on him for the raid.
  • Startomsto wrote: »
    I think it's a grest update... some have these toons already and they have been useless till now. Now they become interesting for raids which are a key part of the game.

I'm curious to see what happens when R2 comes out in terms of it shifting the meta. If R2 is the end of the zMaul meta and the meta shifts to R2 + 2 or more rebels, it opens the door for some of the toons that just got reworked to be part of the counter meta (DT).

I don't think it will be the end of maul lead... will be the end of weak maul teams but strong maul teams with good mods and levelled assassin / zdn / zsavage / sith trooper or zkylo should still be competitive...
    I am still farming dn / assassin / sith trooper shards...
    However r2 has so many synergies it may make rebels or resistance or jedi / clones viable...
  • So does this mean getting and upgrading storm trooper is worth it now?

- Alot of people have told me he is not worth it, especially because of his weak basic attacks and lowest health for a tank
  • I am not sure... never focus on troopers. I will wait and see :)
    Many already have them so we can see how they perform
  • was looking to see if snow troopers improved AoE could be abused by any of the empire leads and the only one that it seems snow trooper could abuse is krennics zeta lead. there is all so zader lead though sense it would be a AoE turn meter removel every time snow trooper gos as long as you can keep it reset. i dont know why no one is talking about snow troopers improved AoE maybe im just looking to much into it but i think its one of the more interesting things to come out of this and has potential the main problem is dealing with rex teams unless your running zader lead.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    At least I think im gonna switch out Tarkin with Stormtrooper... With Stormtrooper I can protect Vader and EP instead of Tarkin just standing there lol
  • Geonosian_Spy
    338 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Oddly enough, Stormtrooper just reached 50/50 for me this week yet I've never once farmed his shards. Basically a year+ accumulation of random Bronzium pulls and GW rewards.
  • War wrote: »
    Melvil wrote: »

You're not the only one seeing flaw in Stormtrooper zeta.

I think the point of his zeta is to keep enemy damage focused on him, even if you strip away his taunt. If you cleanse his taunt, then you have to choose to either continue finishing him off, or risk him getting more offense by killing someone else. However, this would only theoretically work if Stormtrooper offense boost actually makes him a more serious threat. If I recall correctly, I don't think his damage was all that high, even at max gear :/
    So unless his basic gets a good damage boost along with his rework, I don't know how viable his zeta will actually be....
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Hm. No love for RG. :(
  • Thank you for releasing this info! Looks like a fun team. Will have to consider working towards it!
  • Another team that just screams 'maul food'. No point in grinding or buying the packs for these guys.
This discussion has been closed.