Imperial Trooper Updates - ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• So magma troopers thermal imploded can now remove 90% turn meter when omega?
    With zader he can remove up to 110% tm on all enemies.
    Or am I reading this wrong?
  • What's with TFP, RG, Super commander?
  • War
    932 posts Member
    htid1987 wrote: »
    So magma troopers thermal imploded can now remove 90% turn meter when omega?

It's additional chance to remove TM, not TM reduced.

I was hoping they'd rework his AoE into either a physical attack that could crit and get increased damage through increasing his physical damage rating, or an actual good damage increase. An extra 10% of an attack averaging 2k is only 200 damage increase.

His AoE damage is based off this hidden stat that can't be increased through leadership, buffs, or mods. Simply 2k damage to everything.
  • What's with TFP, RG, Super commander?

they are not troopers, so what did you expect ?
  • I was hoping for Scout Trooper or Sand Trooper or AT-AT driver trooper guy....
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    I love this rework and thaks for making a new Zeta I don't have to think about
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • htid1987
    124 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    War wrote: »

I was hoping they'd rework his AoE into either a physical attack that could crit and get increased damage through increasing his physical damage rating, or an actual good damage increase. An extra 10% of an attack averaging 2k is only 200 damage increase.

His AoE damage is based off this hidden stat that can't be increased through leadership, buffs, or mods. Simply 2k damage to everything.

Yea I know it's Only a chance to remove tm, but under a zader lead, stacked with potency and speed he could remove 110% tm from everyone. That's how I read it. Just wanted some confirmation I'm not reading it wrong.
  • Moicaliss
    992 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I see great potencial on this team.
    Zader, veers, snow, dt, magma/shore
    Great raid potencial
    Probably arena too....if your magma can act at the start of the battle wich is possible, then you just have to kill guys to keep the engine running. Lots of tmr and lots of tm gain specially when you realise that snow give all your trooper 75 tm on a killing blow...
    After the first kill you can use deathmark for a quick second killing blow and or cb.
    Ppl that doesn't see arena potencial on that team are blind. @Ig88isboss
  • htid1987 wrote: »
    War wrote: »

Yea I know it's Only a chance to remove tm, but under a zader lead, stacked with potency and speed he could remove 110% tm from everyone. That's how I read it. Just wanted some confirmation I'm not reading it wrong.

Pretty sure that's not how it is....the % chance on the 2nd TM opportunity has been increased to 70%. So his attack removes 30% TM and has a 70% chance to remove another 30% - combined with zDV that's a max of 80% TM removal. Just multiplying through not taking ten / pot in to account, looking at a 35% chance to remove 80% TM on a given toon that's attcked by him under zDV leader.
  • *looks at all my 4*'d troopers ....*

A few good points in here; this may not be arena worthy but raid worthy is more than worth it in my eyes. HAAT is the goal of the game folks!

I'm glad I have Veers at 7*, but sadly he's pretty usleless without his troopers. Maybe I'll put some work into Magma since I DO have him at 6* 55 shards... who knows. At least I'm ready for R2.
  • Awesome new abilities, thanks for all the work you put into them. It will be fun to try them out.
  • NEW ZETA: Stormtrooper gains 40% Offense for each defeated Empire ally

That is the worst Zeta I have ever seen in my life.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    NEW ZETA: Stormtrooper gains 40% Offense for each defeated Empire ally

Why? As a taunt tank with a 3 turn cooldown he became useless once dispelled. The same reason nobody uses STHan anymore. Except now if you dispel his taunt, and try to kill the biggest threats (the strategy that literally everyone uses ever) he becomes an attacker.

If he has lost 2 allies then his basic is doing 7,500 with an irresistible expose on a non-crit, or 11,000 on a crit. Those numbers will go up with mods, the uniques the Troopers share, leader abilities, buffs, and as more allies die. You're going to be cussing at him when you get in a messy arena fight with a group of Troopers, end up in a 1 vs 1 with only Stormtrooper left, and he hits you with a 20k crit.

I don't think it's the best, but if someone is going all in on a Trooper team, it's definitely not the worst.
  • Moicaliss wrote: »
    I see great potencial on this team.
    Zader, veers, snow, dt, magma/shore
    Great raid potencial
    Probably arena too....if your magma can act at the start of the battle wich is possible, then you just have to kill guys to keep the engine running. Lots of tmr and lots of tm gain specially when you realise that snow give all your trooper 75 tm on a killing blow...
    After the first kill you can use deathmark for a quick second killing blow and or cb.
    Ppl that doesn't see arena potencial on that team are blind. @Ig88isboss

Grind out the team and try it. Good luck.
  • I was already planning on using Shore and Death Troopers in my Empire squad for the R2 event, so this added bit of viability for the two of them is welcomed!
  • Aero wrote: »
    The lack of TFP is unnaceptable. He's a trooper. In the imperial forces. He literally has the emblem on him. Also you excluded IMPERIAL Super Commando

You do realize "Imperial" is just an adjective to describe something part of an Empire. The Empire tag still exists, it didn't go anywhere.

I've never seen a point fly further over somebody's head
  • JacenRoe wrote: »

Why? As a taunt tank with a 3 turn cooldown he became useless once dispelled. The same reason nobody uses STHan anymore. Except now if you dispel his taunt, and try to kill the biggest threats (the strategy that literally everyone uses ever) he becomes an attacker.

If he has lost 2 allies then his basic is doing 7,500 with an irresistible expose on a non-crit, or 11,000 on a crit. Those numbers will go up with mods, the uniques the Troopers share, leader abilities, buffs, and as more allies die. You're going to be cussing at him when you get in a messy arena fight with a group of Troopers, end up in a 1 vs 1 with only Stormtrooper left, and he hits you with a 20k crit.

I don't think it's the best, but if someone is going all in on a Trooper team, it's definitely not the worst.
    Any ability that depends on defeated allies make me cringe. This is also assuming Snow doesn't get tunneled as well.
  • Is snowtrooper keeping the tm boost to himself and allies when an enemy is defeated? And will the change in his aoe also mean he'll use it first turn under ai now?
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Nice that shore has more survivability now.... That's a nice buff.... It might hurt hid ability to work well with Rex though. There was a myth that shore was bad with Rex.... Shore would apply crit immunity after a round of aoe's and then take crits as well as most of the hits while taunting, when others had the crit immunity... Feeding the team TM. This might actually hurt shores usefulness on a Rex led team
  • All they have to do is add Scout Trooper (one with a sniper rifle) and have the unique add 20% to all Imperial Trooper Allies. This would be a cool inclusion of a new playable trooper.
  • Anditesh wrote: »
    All they have to do is add Scout Trooper (one with a sniper rifle) and have the unique add 20% to all Imperial Trooper Allies. This would be a cool inclusion of a new playable trooper.

20% what? accuracy? If that's what you meant that's a really good idea actually!
  • NEW ZETA: Stormtrooper gains 40% Offense for each defeated Empire ally

This. Really stupid and useless.
  • Storms zeta is a slap in the face.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Aero wrote: »
    The lack of TFP is unnaceptable. He's a trooper. In the imperial forces. He literally has the emblem on him. Also you excluded IMPERIAL Super Commando

You do realize "Imperial" is just an adjective to describe something part of an Empire. The Empire tag still exists, it didn't go anywhere.

I've never seen a point fly further over somebody's head

You'd be surprised at how little people know, can't assume anything.
  • AtlasMKx wrote: »

This. Really **** and useless.

poor stormtrooper it looks like who ever made this zeta has absolutely zero creativity and has no idea what there doing or just dont care.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »

While you do have a point, I hate that you have to start losing your team for it to do anything at all. No way I'd spend Zetas to aquire this, omegas sure.
  • Brainsym
    127 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Why as a taunt tank with a 3 turn cooldown he became useless once dispelled. The same reason nobody uses STHan anymore. Except now if you dispel his taunt, and try to kill the biggest threats (the strategy that literally everyone uses ever) he becomes an attacker.

Provided ST styas alive to implement this ability that is... Who knows, with his low health (compared to every other tank) he can be defeated first. Unless the new update has in mind an update of his health stats, then I'm not impressed.
  • danflorian1984
    986 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    *looks at all my 4*'d troopers ....*

A few good points in here; this may not be arena worthy but raid worthy is more than worth it in my eyes. HAAT is the goal of the game folks!

I'm glad I have Veers at 7*, but sadly he's pretty usleless without his troopers. Maybe I'll put some work into Magma since I DO have him at 6* 55 shards... who knows. At least I'm ready for R2.

Why is HAAT the goal of the game? It is done to get GK for the arena team and to get gear and resources for the arena team. So why is one of the ways of improving that team, even if the most important one, more important than the actual team. Reducing the empire, one of the 2 pivotal factions in the SW universe, to the level of droids and scoundrels factions is to me a slap in the face for all the empire fans, especially after all the hype.
    Post edited by danflorian1984 on
  • War
    932 posts Member
    *looks at all my 4*'d troopers ....*

Why is HAAT the goal of the game? It is done to get GK for the arena team and to get gear and resources for the arena team. So way is one of the ways of improving the that team, even if the most important one, more important than actual team. Reducing the empire, one of the 2 pivotal factions in the SW universe, to the level of droids and scoundrels factions is to me a slap in the face for all the empire fans, especially after all the hype.

Maul's AoE Daze is what's stopping these new teams; Phoenix, Empire Mando's, and Empire Troopers, from being an arena meta, not how good they may or may not be. Honestly though, of the three, this team looks solid enough to be an arena meta.

Plus the HAAT is an important part of the game at the moment. So seeing a new heavy hitter team for tank, formed out of previously lacking characters even, is pretty cool. We ever get a Battle of Hoth raid, this team might be the P2 Clones equivalent of the raid. Which would be very fitting.
  • Would it have been possible to have the Stormtrooper Zeta be for each living trooper? I would have dug that.
This discussion has been closed.