QGJ can cast offense up and he's relatively easy to obtain. Does this make poggle useless?

Once you upgrade humbling blow a few times, QGJ can give your whole team Offense Up. Not only does he have the chance to remove an enemy buff, but he can give your crew a valuable buff. It also has a shorter cooldown than Poggle's.

I can see how Poggle could be worth something in a droid team, but anywhere else, is he useless?
Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion

Replies

• I wouldn't say useless, there's some toons that are stronger vs jedi (Dooku, sid for example), I'd say they both give you a bigger range of options for synergy and countering various characters / teams.
  • Poggle's is 3 turns, that's a lot especially on fast characters, QGJ is too situationnal

Also you know, AI
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    QGJ depends on if the opposing character has a positive buff, poggles dont
  • I use QGJ in my team. He's been a staple member for many levels (40-69) and all I can say is it takes quite a bit of resource to get humbling blow to that level. If you concentrate every ability mat on him it should be easy but most of the time youre working with 5 toons.

Also he was very squishy before I got him to 5*+.

Also his humbling blow is resisted quite often. Ive probably had the good fortune to use his offense up for only 30% of my battles. Plus doesnt last long.

Poggle is far more reliable for offense up. So, no I don't think Poggle has been outclassed. QGJ is an offense up for a specific team (Jedi team).
  • Huh. I didn't know that QGJ actually had to remove an enemy buff. I assumed that simply using it would give my team a boost. Well good to know, I'm close to purple gearing my poggle.
    Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I have 7* maxed Poggle and no, it depends on your team. Poggle is a top 10 character imo, although not as many people use him. He's best if you have turn 9 heavy hitters that can hide behind a Poe taunt and are buffed when they take their first action. Luke, R Pilot, Lumi, etc