do we need a new way to get omega mats?

its hard enough to get zetas and now im starting to have a hard time keeping omega mats maybe its about time there is another way to get omega mats. the training droid event is useless no one needs training droids Lol maybe we should make it an omega mat event instead.

Replies

• unit900000 wrote: »
    no one needs training droids Lol
    Okay.
  • Brendo_Macabo
    77 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    No one needs training droids until they run out of training droids... I have an account with 20mil credits and no droids; another that has 5mil credits and tons of droids.
  • No one needs training droids until they run out of training droids... I have an account with 20mil credits and no droids; another that has 5mil credits and tons of droids.

as the old saying gos "pics or it didn't happen" seriously i find it hard to believe someone would actually run out of training droids theres just no way unless you like just started the game a week ago or something lmao.
    No one needs training droids until they run out of training droids... I have an account with 20mil credits and no droids; another that has 5mil credits and tons of droids.

as the old saying gos "pics or it didn't happen" seriously i find it hard to believe someone would actually run out of training droids theres just no way unless you like just started the game a week ago or something lmao.

No pictures needed. Those that play galactic war every day and top credit hiests have plenty of credits and run out of droids.

I second the statement. Therefore picture proof is not needed.
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    unit900000 wrote: »

Just delete stuff that new players use, because you're not using it anymore. Great plan.

No pictures needed. Those that play galactic war every day and top credit hiests have plenty of credits and run out of droids.

LMAO i win GW everyday and i have an endless supply of droids.

Just delete stuff that new players use, because you're not using it anymore. Great plan.

i would think it wouldn't take to long before new players have more droids then they can use as well and in the end they to will wish something more useful would come along.

I've been playing for a while now, L85, and I either have too many credits and no droids, or no credits and too many droids - I have never had an excess of training droids whilst I have had available credits to spend.

Unless you have maxed out every character in the game at L85, then I don't see how you can have a massive supply of training droids.

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • TurgonGW wrote: »

I've been playing for a while now, L85, and I either have too many credits and no droids, or no credits and too many droids - I have never had an excess of training droids whilst I have had available credits to spend.

Unless you have maxed out every character in the game at L85, then I don't see how you can have a massive supply of training droids.

with how expensive it is to level up characters and buying mods from shipments i dont understand how people run out of training droids i really dont and if your curious about my collection https://swgoh.gg/u/unit900000/collection/

Uhm.. U cant run out of droids.. Except if u play the game right.. U dont need to level up each toon to lv85 unless they arent 7* also u shouldnt use your credits just for leveling.. U have to use them on starring up, mods,and thats more important rhan brining your 2* mob enforcer g2 to lvl 85.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Omegas are easier to get than ever. Daily activity, omega challenges, mat challenges, GW, fleet store, cantina battles, certain packs. You just have to be more careful with how you use them if you plan on using a lot of zetas.

Zetas are the ones that need more ways to be obtained. Challenges (lol) and fleet store are it.
  • I have around 50 000 training droids atm. Would love something else
  • Yes, omegas are easier to get than ever.
    But the Zeta upgrades consume all the extra omegas you get and the new toons keep coming with multiple omega abilities. Take Nihilus, he needs 3 omega upgrades and 2 zeta upgrades which also need omegas. Same for R2.
    Plus, the newer omega upgrades come at a cost of 5 mats. Some older omegas are just 3 mats.

If you can average 2 or maybe 2.5 omegas a day, that's cool. Until you want to raise 2 toons who each need 45 omegas. And you're still sitting on ten more toons missing their upgrades.

I'd personally recommend a rework on the omega challenge events. The rewards are low and they don't offer the slightest challenge if you're lvl 50+.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited April 2017

I'd personally recommend a rework on the omega challenge events. The rewards are low and they don't offer the slightest challenge if you're lvl 50+.

I agree they need to be better. They have the omega challenges what, once a month or so, and even if you refresh with crystals the most you can get from them in a single weekend is 6 since you can't refresh past 400. The price of omegas in fleet store is also laughable since it's nearly as high as the much rarer zeta.

• Just fix the drop rate in cantina. For now i think it's not even 1%. I spend 240 energy daily for 3 weeks, didn't see one omega....i'm even thinking it's a bug
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yes we need training droids. If they take that event away we will all run out.... taking anything away unless they are going to change the game mechanic is a bad idea.

It's all about resource management, omegas come in at 1 a day, and events you can buy refreshes if you really need them, not sure I see the problem. Do you just want more free stuff?
  • Plenty of ways to get omega. I usually have 20+ spare. Just don't spend them on toons you don't use .
  • Darknessie wrote: »
    Plenty of ways to get omega. I usually have 20+ spare. Just don't spend them on toons you don't use .

If you have more then 20, i bet you're not getting alot of zeta.
  • jackTHErandom
    1195 posts Member
    edited April 2017

LMAO i win GW everyday and i have an endless supply of droids.

i would think it wouldn't take to long before new players have more droids then they can use as well and in the end they to will wish something more useful would come along.

Then maybe you should use them droids once in a while?

And maybe, just maybe, you should be glad to have a load of them - new lvl cap cant be too far off
  • Training droids are another matter.
    But no, you can't run out of training droids.
    There are screens of people running out, yea... but usually they're just managing their resources badly. It's usually the people who have tons of low gear toons levelled out and barely any decent mods.
    Or else they've been missing out on many of the droid events or daily challenges.

If you're running out of training droids, you can always just invest in mods. Don't worry, you get more droids than new character releases. And you can spend more credits on mods than you earn.
    In fact, if you're a Nov'15 player or close to that and actively playing, you ought to have enough droids to level all existent toons into the 80s easily I think.
    There are screens of people running out, yea... but usually they're just managing their resources badly. It's usually the people who have tons of low gear toons levelled out and barely any decent mods.
    Or else they've been missing out on many of the droid events or daily challenges.

If you're running out of training droids, you can always just invest in mods. Don't worry, you get more droids than new character releases. And you can spend more credits on mods than you earn.
    In fact, if you're a Nov'15 player or close to that and actively playing, you ought to have enough droids to level all existent toons into the 80s easily I think.

Because you say it, it must be true obviously ;)

I CAN and DO run out of training droids, so yes you CAN.

I'm just not a max level and am still developing a variety of teams to fulfil the highest tier challenges/events etc. I play every day, complete GW every day, do every single event, and only use my resources on what I need. But I still do not have enough training droids or enough credits.

Regardless, the original post is about OMEGAS. I have no problem with them - 1 a day from daily rewards is fine, plus the ones from the Mat challenges. I Omega maybe 1 ability per week and prioritize which abilities are most important to my goals.

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!

In fact even more. Lack of droids are for ''news'' players
    Training droids are another matter.

I'm just not a max level and am still developing a variety of teams to fulfil the highest tier challenges/events etc. I play every day, complete GW every day, do every single event, and only use my resources on what I need. But I still do not have enough training droids or enough credits.

Regardless, the original post is about OMEGAS. I have no problem with them - 1 a day from daily rewards is fine, plus the ones from the Mat challenges. I Omega maybe 1 ability per week and prioritize which abilities are most important to my goals.

You don't run out of omega because you don't zeta your toons. You'll see the strugle soon when you can't omega one single ability for two weeks because your close to pay a zeta

Link your swgoh.gg profile or similar and I'll explain how you're not using type 5 mods and sitting in arena at probably even 500+. Or how you are trying to raise 4 teams at once before hitting the account max level. Hit the mark?

More posts about droids here than omegas. And I did comment on omegas a few posts before. You are also commenting on droids...
  • currently i have far more omega mats than training droids. in fact at the moment i have 18 omega mats and 0 training droids.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moicaliss wrote: »
    TurgonGW wrote: »

You don't run out of omega because you don't zeta your toons. You'll see the strugle soon when you can't omega one single ability for two weeks because your close to pay a zeta

This isn't pokemon, you don't need to collect them all and you don't need to zeta them all.

If you manage your resources and make planned choices, it's really not that bad.

• First off, I think getting rid of the droid heist would be a terrible idea. I'm lvl 85 and I still need training droids sometimes. Also, when I was a lower level the droid heists were really useful to me.
    However, your point about the need for more omega mats is valid. There is an extremely simple solution to the problem which I have been advocating for some time, I'm surprised it hasn't gotten any traction. The highest tier of the ability mats challenge needs to drop omegas at a 100% rate. With all the new toons who need tons of these omega mats, would it really break the game if lvl 84+ players got (at most) an extra 9 omegas per week? No.
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I have a strange feeling that if Omega materials were more plentiful, the OP would be back on this forum asking to have the supply of Omega materials shut off once he's gotten his fill of them. Just as he's already asking for the supply of Training Droids to be shut off. :D

Anyway, "yes" to getting more stuff (Omegas). "No" to shutting off supplies of other stuff (Training Droids). If you have enough droids, nobody's forcing you to keep doing the Training Droid challenge & Droid Heist event.
    Post edited by lisztophobia on
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Moicaliss wrote: »
    TurgonGW wrote: »

This isn't pokemon, you don't need to collect them all and you don't need to zeta them all.

If you manage your resources and make planned choices, it's really not that bad.

Trust I'm making planned choice. When I'm building a new squad for haat, and i need 3 need toons, whit one zeta, it's a planned choice, but you still need like 60-65 omega... at the rate of 10/week...it's really a pain