Any plans for Jedi? They're kinda bad you know

Prev13
...just wondering.

You know this faction isn't very good, right? Anything and everything they can do, others can do it better, faster (ha, pun), and more efficiently. Indeed, this is a game and balance etc., the whole nine yards - great. But Jedi are bad, sorry.

- They hit like a wet noodle.
- As stated, they're outclassed by others with newer, updated abilities, zetas etc.
- They just aren't a fearsome presence

There are several ways to go about upgrading Jedi. Mace Windu comes to mind the most - why isn't he anti-sith? His ideology and Vaapad were created for exactly this purpose. Hardly reflects in game whatsoever. He's some weird, slow, quasi-tank model that is... useless.

What about Ahsoka? Her design on paper seems quite fun. In reality, due to meta and power creep (hello ridiculous crit chance scores) she's pretty much useless and too dependent on JKA. JKA is okay by the way, not too bad, not that amazing either. Of course GK is fantastic but let's be honest, how many regular players are going to get him?

And let's not even get into the fact that majority of the jedi... well, here we go - Don't. Do. Damage.

Replies

• I am also hoping for a jedi rework... r2 may make them a bit better already though
  • Maybe there will be a jedi pass just like the empire one, and the only good toon will be Revan who will put the sith back in the meta, after R2 did the same thing with the rebels :)
  • Startomsto wrote: »
    I am also hoping for a jedi rework... r2 may make them a bit better already though
    Depending on a rebel to fix Jedi issues is a bit... you know.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Well most Jedi should get the galactic republic tag given they led the clone army
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Startomsto wrote: »
    I am also hoping for a jedi rework... r2 may make them a bit better already though

R2 is part of the galactic republic faction, along with jedi.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Asic wrote: »
    Well most Jedi should get the galactic republic tag given they led the clone army

They all did.

Well, assuming Jedi Luke will be both rebel and Jedi, why not? :smiley:

And we all know Artoo is actually Yoda in a suit.
  • Mullato wrote: »

Okay, let me be a little more clear. Whether or not R2 helps, most of the Jedi need updates / rework. Mace and Ahsoka are the most prominent to mind. Mace, especially, who operates like practically a soulless version of his movie counterpart.
    The0n3 wrote: »

They all did.

Lol +1
  • Jedi are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be. Sure they could use a pass, some like Lumi need a little more help, but I don't think they're as in dire straits as some make them out to be.

Sure Sith have some serious bonuses in particular Maul, but they can munch on Rex in the current meta and on offense they can take down Sith most of the time. Anyway, they'll get their turn but I don't see it as a must right now.

Okay, let me be a little more clear. Whether or not R2 helps, most of the Jedi need updates / rework. Mace and Ahsoka are the most prominent to mind. Mace, especially, who operates like practically a soulless version of his movie counterpart.
    The0n3 wrote: »

They all did.

Lol +1

but then someone will start a thread "Why does Ashoka have a Jedi tag?"
    lol

But to the OP;
    Jedi have never been "attackers", unlike the Sith, who are out for the kill, Jedi don't seek it, which is my only logical explination as to why they don't do much damage in this game.
  • GK - Not an option for most players
    QGJ - Made of paper
    Yoda - Great utility but weak hitter
    JKA - Good damage, his debuffs are too unreliable. I want a buff-block I can count on.
    Ahsoka - A bit useless
    Aayla - Great damage, good stun
    Mace - Too slow with a useless set of skills
    Eeth - Does this guy ever get to attack before he dies?
    Plo - Just pointless
    IGD - Fun leader skill and damage can be ok
    Old Ben - Old
    Consular and Guardian are trash
  • What about Ahsoka? Her design on paper seems quite fun. In reality, due to meta and power creep (hello ridiculous crit chance scores) she's pretty much useless and too dependent on JKA. JKA is okay by the way, not too bad, not that amazing either. Of course GK is fantastic but let's be honest, how many regular players are going to get him?

And let's not even get into the fact that majority of the jedi... well, here we go - Don't. Do. Damage.

I run Ahsoka and JKA under zQGJ. She's my hardest hitting character. I've seen her crit 38K+ in one hit. And she heals when she does. Don't dismiss her. Otherwise, I completely agree. Most of the Jedi need a major overhaul to be worthy of paying attention.
  • My god. Jedi are fine. One of the best arena teams right now. Get over it.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    My god. Jedi are fine. One of the best arena teams right now. Get over it.

QGJ, GK, Aayla, Zarriss, and Anakin are awesome, and perfect, and need nothing. Ezra probably belongs in this tier of Jedi.

Yoda, and Ahsoka are decent enough mixed in with the above Jedi. IGD is OK, but so situational that he's rarely used. Kanan just barely makes the mediocre to decent list, but only with Phoenix. Not other Jedi.

Then there is the garbage dump that is Mace Windu, Plo Koon, Luminara Unduli, Eeth Koth, Kit Fisto, JC, JKG, and old Ben. Are they, "one of the best arena teams right now"? If not then you're wrong.

6 great characters don't justify not giving the 4 mediocre ones, and 8 horrible ones a fix. Especially since there are huge fan favorites on the horrible list.
  • EZKill
    112 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    6 great characters don't justify not giving the 4 mediocre ones, and 8 horrible ones a fix. Especially since there are huge fan favorites on the horrible list.

You do realize that Jedi is the second largest faction in the game right? Of course there is going to be a bunch of mediocre or worse characters within that large of a roster. For the sake of comparison let's also break down the largest faction, rebels, not including the Jedi cross-over characters you already covered.

Great: Chaze, Wiggs.

Good enough to be considered a spot on arena teams: STH, Lando, Cassian, Jyn and soon R2 (maybe?).

Average with near certain chance of being left out of level 70+ arena squads: Ackbar, Leia, Chopper, Scarif Pathfinder, Hoth Scout, Han Solo, Bistan, Bodhi.

Situational, depending on whose lead you use but even then still not all that good: K-2SO, Hera, Sabine.

The others like Luke, Pao or Lobot are just garbage.

So out of 27 characters, you have 9 that are good or great which is one third of the total roster.

With Jedi you said there are 6 great characters within total roster of 18 which is also one third.

I don't really see a problem here because this is how it should work with large factions.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »

QGJ, GK, Aayla, Zarriss, and Anakin are awesome, and perfect, and need nothing. Ezra probably belongs in this tier of Jedi.

Yoda, and Ahsoka are decent enough mixed in with the above Jedi. IGD is OK, but so situational that he's rarely used. Kanan just barely makes the mediocre to decent list, but only with Phoenix. Not other Jedi.

Then there is the garbage dump that is Mace Windu, Plo Koon, Luminara Unduli, Eeth Koth, Kit Fisto, JC, JKG, and old Ben. Are they, "one of the best arena teams right now"? If not then you're wrong.

Yea if all those characters become as strong as the top ones right now the faction will become op.
  • Ig88isboss wrote: »

Yea if all those characters become as strong as the top ones right now the faction will become op.

The issue is that without GK, no jedi team is really viable. You can alternate 8-10 rebels, switching leads and combos and make teams. You can alternate 7-8 Empire, switching leads and combos and make teams. You can alternate 7-8 Sith, switching leads and combos and make teams. Jedi? You better have GK or you're toast. No other faction is that dependent on one character to protect them.
  • Caedas
    215 posts Member
    Lol! Good one.

Seriously though, I regret putting as much time and resources into Jedi as I did. Are those lightsabers or nerf bats they use? Their survivability is their strength, and in that aspect, they're great. But the damage is heart-crushingly bad. The only one I don't regret is Mace because I love his cap ship. Also Ahsoka for her ship.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    EZKill wrote: »

You do realize that Jedi is the second largest faction in the game right? Of course there is going to be a bunch of mediocre or worse characters within that large of a roster. For the sake of comparison let's also break down the largest faction, rebels, not including the Jedi cross-over characters you already covered.

Good enough to be considered a spot on arena teams: STH, Lando, Cassian, Jyn and soon R2 (maybe?).

Average with near certain chance of being left out of level 70+ arena squads: Ackbar, Leia, Chopper, Scarif Pathfinder, Hoth Scout, Han Solo, Bistan, Bodhi.

Situational, depending on whose lead you use but even then still not all that good: K-2SO, Hera, Sabine.

So out of 27 characters, you have 9 that are good or great which is one third of the total roster.

With Jedi you said there are 6 great characters within total roster of 18 which is also one third.

I don't really see a problem here because this is how it should work with large factions.

Absolutely not. Totally and completely false. Give me a good reason why there should be a single unusable garbage character in the game.

No name characters like JC, Stormtrooper, or whatever should be mediocre, but useable when surrounded by good members of their faction due to synergy.

On the other hand Mace freaking Windu should be awesome.

Absolutely not. Totally and completely false. Give me a good reason why there should be a single unusable garbage character in the game.

No name characters like JC, Stormtrooper, or whatever should be mediocre, but useable when surrounded by good members of their faction due to synergy.

Well 90% of the characters in the game can't kill chaze so why don't you ask cg?
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member

Well 90% of the characters in the game can't kill chaze so why don't you ask cg?

You failed to provide a good reason to have bad characters. Chaze are beatable BTW. I know that's your favorite complaint drum to beat though.

In any case, I don't have to ask CG, because they have already said that most every faction will get reworked to the new normal as far power level.

It never ceases to amaze me that you gripe that a character is more powerful than another, then gripe at the idea of making weak characters their equal which would balance things out.

Totally not true. Savage is a perfect example. He is BEASTLY in certain Sith teams, not in every team. And Sith as a faction are an ideal example too. They have 4-5 viable leaders for top 50 arena at least, and everyone in the faction can be used in a #1 comp. That WILL happen to more faction, and more characters. And as it does arena will get more diverse, and your favorite complaint in the game, Chaze, will get easier to beat.

You failed to provide a good reason to have bad characters. Chaze are beatable BTW. I know that's your favorite complaint drum to beat though.

In any case, I don't have to ask CG, because they have already said that most every faction will get reworked to the new normal as far power level.

It never ceases to amaze me that you gripe that a character is more powerful than another, then gripe at the idea of making weak characters their equal which would balance things out.

Totally not true. Savage is a perfect example. He is BEASTLY in certain Sith teams, not in every team. And Sith as a faction are an ideal example too. They have 4-5 viable leaders for top 50 arena at least, and everyone in the faction can be used in a #1 comp. That WILL happen to more faction, and more characters. And as it does arena will get more diverse, and your favorite complaint in the game, Chaze, will get easier to beat.

I would love if all characters were viable but cg has proven they do not. They want to release op characters with big price tags to rake in the $$. They cone out with characters like chaze, who have no flaws, and on a scale of 'effectivness' are a perfect 10. Then they release a character like Pao who is like a 2. They should try to make everything in a 4-6 range. The power descrepancy is to large right now. So expect there to always be useless characters in the game if they continue with this model.
  • If you think Jedi are bad it's because you don't have GK if you can't get GK get good.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    If you think Jedi are bad it's because you don't have GK if you can't get GK get good.

Even with Gk, they are still complete trash on defense and lack anything that make them threatening to face.

Rebels have Chaze, wiggs etc.
    Empire has Palp, Vader, DT
    Sith have....every toon..
    FO has zKylo
    and so on..

Yeah jedi can field a good team on offense, but they lack alot of things to make them truly a threat.
  • EZKill
    112 posts Member
    You can alternate 8-10 rebels, switching leads and combos and make teams. You can alternate 7-8 Empire, switching leads and combos and make teams. You can alternate 7-8 Sith, switching leads and combos and make teams.

No, you really can't with rebels, at least I haven't seen it. After level 60-65 or so, just about every rebel team I see in the top 50 revolves around Wiggs lead with Chaze. The fifth member is usually Lando, STH, Ackbar or Leia and some non-rebs like EP or Boba.

I'm on a fairly young shard (3 months old) so I'm not sure what it's like on yours. Regardless, I stand by my observation that there is very little variance of rebel team makeup in general as meta report seems to confirm it, having Wedge come in at the 5th most popular lead at both 1-10 as well as 1-100.
  • If you think Jedi are bad it's because you don't have GK if you can't get GK get good.
    Dependency on 1 character to deliver a faction? Do you hear yourself? Thanks for pretty much stating the obvious problem though.

+1

More options; diversity, competitively, can only add to balance in the game - including balancing Chaze. (Which is beatable, just not beatable enough)

Also Mace Windu's performance is questionable in its current incarnation.

He's a character that isn't sure what he's supposed to be and ends up short in comparison to others who are better. Weak characters in general should be balanced, changed, fixed etc. for better overall performance of the game competitively.
    If you think Jedi are bad it's because you don't have GK if you can't get GK get good.

Even with Gk, they are still complete trash on defense and lack anything that make them threatening to face.

FO has zKylo
    and so on..

Yeah jedi can field a good team on offense, but they lack alot of things to make them truly a threat.

You guys have probably the second best leader ability in the game and multiple power characters. What do nightsisters, bounty Hunters, and droids have??
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    You can alternate 8-10 rebels, switching leads and combos and make teams. You can alternate 7-8 Empire, switching leads and combos and make teams. You can alternate 7-8 Sith, switching leads and combos and make teams.

No, you really can't with rebels, at least I haven't seen it. After level 60-65 or so, just about every rebel team I see in the top 50 revolves around Wiggs lead with Chaze. The fifth member is usually Lando, STH, Ackbar or Leia and some non-rebs like EP or Boba.

I'm on a fairly young shard (3 months old) so I'm not sure what it's like on yours. Regardless, I stand by my observation that there is very little variance of rebel team makeup in general as meta report seems to confirm it, having Wedge come in at the 5th most popular lead at both 1-10 as well as 1-100.

That's because in a rebel team they usually have 1 or 2 spots that you can flex. In top tier jedi teams, every spot usually has to be filled up with a jedi because they all do thier little niche things.

QGJ for lead
    Yoda for tenacity up
    Gk for cleanse and taunt

Then you have 2 spots left, but honestly most toons are hard to fit here because they either dont benefit from the lead, or just don't synergies well. The point is, there are alot of jedi so why not give some of the weaker ones (MACE) some buffs. We just got an imperial trooper buff, why not Jedi?
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Mullato wrote: »

FO has zKylo
    and so on..

You guys have probably the second best leader ability in the game and multiple power characters. What do nightsisters, bounty Hunters, and droids have??

Has anyone in this thread said that those 3 factions don't need buffs?

That's like me posting in a thread titled "I need help" and saying "well you dont need help, because i need help more!"

Go make a droid buff thread and I will support, because why wouldn't i?

FO has zKylo
    and so on..

That's like me posting in a thread titled "I need help" and saying "well you dont need help, because i need help more!"

Lol true. I'm not opposed to a Jedi buff at all it just seems theyre in a better place right now than many other factions. I have a good feeling they will be the next faction pass anyways as they are the most requested..
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member

FO has zKylo
    and so on..

Lol true. I'm not opposed to a Jedi buff at all it just seems theyre in a better place right now than many other factions. I have a good feeling they will be the next faction pass anyways as they are the most requested..

Yeah, they are definitely alot better off than alot of factions out there atm, but of course everyone wants thier favorite faction to be better than they are lol.