Abandon Ship?

bobafettjr
6 posts Member
edited February 2016
Hey, just discovered this forum and was wondering if you guys could help me out. Im lvl 39(almost 40) and I love the bounty hunters in star wars i think they're awesome. I have already invested all my time on getting IG88 and Boba Fett. Im getting IG 88 tomorrow and still need roughly 40 shards for boba is this a viable option or would i just get crushed in end game? should i just stop now and hop on that poe train?

Replies

• Ring
    559 posts Member
    It all depends on what you want out of this game. Do you want to play the game the way you want to and enjoy it, or do you want to be the supreme leader of your server and crush everyone weaker than you?

If the former, just pick the team you like and go with it. You like bounty hunters, throw IG86, IG88 and HK47 together, add Fett if you like him and then go for Poggle the Lesser as the leader. You'll have a team that maybe won't get you a stable top 5 in the Arena, but should be fun to play as you mop the floor with most enemies in two turns.

If the latter... well, then it's pretty much going with what most top players have with very little room for sentiment. You need to focus on top characters and their synergies, and that means using characters you might not enjoy.
  • Zerx
    94 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Pick an arena range that you are happy with and try to stay in it and don't even worry about what's going on in the 1-50 range and then add and play the characters you like. It's supposed to be fun and won't be if you are constantly frustrated because your team gets beat in arena. As a caveat, you should try to get a GW team that can at least get two shards worth of rewards each day but you should be able to do that with the bounty hunters. I second Ring's comment about trying to get Poggle, if you can, if you stick with the team you mentioned.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I would get Poe or QGJ if I were starting the game.
  • Boba only worth if you make him leader.
  • Competitive wise, you can make this work, although there are better teams.

Bobba(lead), 88, Poggle, 86 or Kylo and Poe would definitely work.

Sid(lead), 88, Poggle, Bobba and Poe would also be competitive.

Bobba (lead), Luke, 86, Poggle and Poe would probably get the job done too.

But these teams require you to farm multiple characters, so I'd focus on: Poggle (lead), 88, Poe and GS for you first team. After you get 4* Poggle, I'd grab Lumi asap, since you won't have a healer and will struggle in GW without one. You could farm JC over GS to compensate for the short term. JC is pretty reliable in GW
  • thanks for the feedback I appreciate it.