Stormtrooper will become the hardest hitting toon ingame

Well.. Expect a stormtrooper, modded with highspeed,, crit dmg mod set, crit dmg, and offense. Pair him with gar saxon lead, and 3 other minor empire toons. Now all 4 other empire toons die and zeta stormtrooper gains +40% offense each. Expect him dealing 20k dmg x1,4x1,4x1,4x1,4 and he has 50% counterchance. Thats 77k dmg with 50% counterchance.. What do you think about it? Even unlucky noncrit hits with dmg variance at the lowest end hits would be a minimum of 30k. To me he might become my most fav toon.. Except if my calculations are wrong

Replies

• Forgot to say.. If vader leads instead of gar saxon, the dmg ramps up to 100k
  • But he will always die first
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    Where is he getting 77k damage from? St has a 4k basic. With 4 dead empire thats +160% offense which is just over 10k base damage. 21.6k on a crit with 216% cd before armor. On average after armor, maybe 15k on a crit. With good offense secondaries he may get 20k.
  • Josh_K wrote: »
    Where is he getting 77k damage from? St has a 4k basic. With 4 dead empire thats +160% offense which is just over 10k base damage. 21.6k on a crit with 216% cd before armor. On average after armor, maybe 15k on a crit. With good offense secondaries he may get 20k.

Lol? 4 k basic maybe on g7 .. My stormtrooper already hits between 14-18k (if crit)and 20k is possible too. .. Who said its calculated with base dmg? Its nowhere stated
  • Josh_K wrote: »

Where u got 160% from.. 40+40+40+40? Even that means 20x2,6 = 56k dmg if its calculated seperately added to base . Which seems wrong but also would be the best hit ig

How? When i add 4 lv1 g1 toons? Ove got them.. 1 aoe and stormtrooper will be lastone standing

How? When i add 4 lv1 g1 toons? Ove got them.. 1 aoe and stormtrooper will be lastone standing
    Nope then he won't, but in a normal team he is a taunter.
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Your stats are way off and looks like u are compounding the damage which is not how offense stacks in this game.

https://swgoh.gg/characters/stormtrooper/

Damage shown there is maxed g11 without mods. I have already added the mod allowances and mitigation for armor. St has high variance on his basic so if u r reslly lucky u can get 50% more than the mean damage.
    Post edited by Josh_K on
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Josh_K wrote: »

Lol? 4 k basic maybe on g7 .. My stormtrooper already hits between 14-18k (if crit)and 20k is possible too. .. Who said its calculated with base dmg? Its nowhere stated

but your storm trooper is g7... are you making stuff up again? lol
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Well.. Expect a stormtrooper, modded with highspeed,, crit dmg mod set, crit dmg, and offense. Pair him with gar saxon lead, and 3 other minor empire toons. Now all 4 other empire toons die and zeta stormtrooper gains +40% offense each. Expect him dealing 20k dmg x1,4x1,4x1,4x1,4 and he has 50% counterchance. Thats 77k dmg with 50% counterchance.. What do you think about it? Even unlucky noncrit hits with dmg variance at the lowest end hits would be a minimum of 30k. To me he might become my most fav toon.. Except if my calculations are wrong

TFP has the same ability on his basic but he deals at max (30/40k) on a crit, don't expect ST to deal more than that.

• Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Nah, they never could hit a target.
    Jokes apart, there won't be 1,4x4 multiplication.
    I think I will be like
    SToffense X 1.4 + SToffence X 1.4 + SToffence X 1.4 +
    SToffence X 1.4
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    St basic variance is actually massive. Its not calculated correctly on swgoh.gg. That represnts the mean damage with a plus minus 5% range. The actual range with the same mean is 1.7k to 6.6k. Annecdotally OP would have observed the high end of the spectrum.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif
    me @ this post
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    St basic variance is actually massive. Its not calculated correctly on swgoh.gg. That represnts the mean damage with a plus minus 5% range. The actual range with the same mean is 1.7k to 6.6k. Annecdotally OP would have observed the high end of the spectrum.

nah, he didn't observe anything. He's just making stuff up.
  • leef wrote: »

I have 2 accounts same state. Which one do you know?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

obviously the one with g7 stormtrooper.
  • leef wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

obviously the one with g7 stormtrooper.

Well 2 main accounts and 1 monor one lv 64 and both a main and the low one have g7 st.. Now i made the main ones st g8
  • Post picture for evidence of stormtrooper hitting 100k please
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    100k?
    He will hit for A MILLION at least.
  • sneeekypants
    1914 posts Member
    edited April 2017

Say a crit dmg triangle, offense cross, offense set all top level with a generous extra 200 offense flat stat and all 4 allies dead:

Non crit mean: (2290 + 200) * 1.781 * 1.7588 = 7,799.7

Crit: 14,507.5

Then there is of course armor mitigation which is offset by his 61 AP.

Crit dmg set would obviously lower non crit and raise crit and whatever lead bonus there as well as the +/- variance.

• Waez
    286 posts Member

Say a crit dmg triangle, offense cross, offense set all top level with a generous extra 200 offense flat stat and all 4 allies dead:

Non crit mean: (2290 + 200) 1.781 * 1.7588 = 7,799.7

Crit dmg set would obviously lower non crit and raise crit and whatever lead bonus there is but I'm not sure there is a lead ability that grants all allies 500% damage.

You can disagree but do it with math because it's really hard to code "really awesome", although I have had people write up SW requirements like that though :neutral:

Add 30% offense from Veers lead and 50% from Offense Up, use a crit damage set and it will be impressive though.
  • Waez wrote: »

Non crit mean: (2290 + 200) 1.781 * 1.7588 = 7,799.7

Crit dmg set would obviously lower non crit and raise crit and whatever lead bonus there is but I'm not sure there is a lead ability that grants all allies 500% damage.

You can disagree but do it with math because it's really hard to code "really awesome", although I have had people write up SW requirements like that though :neutral:

Add 30% offense from Veers lead and 50% from Offense Up, use a crit damage set and it will be impressive though.

Modding your tank to be an attacker, waiting for all the stars to align and then repeating it over and over dealing with RNG on the tiny chance you see 20k on your screen really isn't impressive.

A lot of toons hit for way more on a regular basis, Kylo, chirrut, Rey, Bobba, Vader, spy and the list goes on and most of those don't require all the things ST does to break 20k.
  • Tactyou
    756 posts Member
    You're heading for 77k and 100k disappointment.
  • Storm troopers hit targets? Weird...
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    But he will always die first

Then he will not have any lead benefits. No 50% counter chance
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    edited April 2017

Where u got 160% from.. 40+40+40+40? Even that means 20x2,6 = 56k dmg if its calculated seperately added to base . Which seems wrong but also would be the best hit ig
    It is not wrong. With you logic any character that currently gains offense or defense based of # allies in a certain state is currently wrong.

With your flawed logic
    Cody should be gaining defense 1.6x1.6x1.6x1.6x1.6

Wedge would be gaining offense
    1.12 X 1.12 x 1.12 X 1.12 x 1.12

That is not how it works. The mechanics query the required allies in the required state and modify the state as # x stat gain.
    Cody gains 5 x 60%
    Wedge gains 5 x 12%

No it should compound with a leader ability
    So with 4 dead emp allies and Vader lead it would be 1.3 x 2.16

BTW 56k is not greater than 99,999 damage. Neither is your flawed calculation of 77k. There are already 2 characters in game that can deal that damage.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    But he will always die first

Doubtful. In a team full of attackers with a taunt tank everyone usually dispels the tank, and kills the attackers ASAP. Then you can auto through the tank/support toons that are left.

Kill a couple of his empire allies, and Stormtrooper will easily be doing 15-20k crits. That's a very cool way to keep a non-auto taunting tank relavent in th game since dispel is more common now.

The OP exaggerates drastically how powerful it is. It's not game breaking, but it's a neat ability, and Troopers as a whole look like they will find some uses now.
  • tuli
    83 posts Member
    Not harder than DN.