I need help please

Hey,

I'm level 73 and I just feel like my characters aren't near as powerful as they should be...I never really took into account the planning of teams to feed off of each other, but now I'm regretting it. I've never even beaten Galactic War... Here are my characters. Can anyone give me some advice? Thanks!

7 Star Lvl 72 Gear Lvl VIII Mace Windu
7 Star Lvl 72 Gear Lvl VIII Jedi Consular
6 Star Lvl 72 Gear Lvl VIII Boba Fett
6 Star Lvl 72 Gear Lvl VII Biggs Darklighter
5 Star Lvl 72 Gear Lvl VIII Darth Sidious
6 Star Lvl 67 Gear Lvl VII Geonosian Soldier
5 Star Lvl 72 Gear Lvl VII Darth Vader
5 Star Lvl 71 Gear Lvl VII Darth Maul
4 Star Lvl 67 Gear Lvl VII Qui-Gon Jinn
4 Star Lvl 70 Gear Lvl VII Captain Phasma
4 Star Lvl 67 Gear Lvl VI Chewbacca
4 Star Lvl 52 Gear Lvl VI Rey

Replies

• RandyMarsh
    380 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hey man, don't worry about not beating galactic war yet, I'm pretty much in the exact same boat. I'm level 74 and haven't beaten it yet, although I've gotten to the 12th node the past few days, so I think I should finish it within a week or two. There's a couple of things you need to work on, I did essentially the same thing you did and it set me back a bit, but fortunately it's all correctable.

1) you need to start focusing on building teams with synergies. I run a FO Team, which is my best, rebels second, sith third, Jedi fourth. The reason I haven't beaten it yet is because my best characters are way ahead of the bulk of my characters, leading me to the next point---

2) you need to level up your lower level characters and stop developing your best ones until your others have caught up. I decided just to focus completely on my Kylo, since I love his character and he's crazy good (can't wait to zeta him, he will definitely be my first). This was a huge mistake. He's my best character by far, but since my others are so far behind, it's skewed my competition in gw to be stronger than the majority of my collection since your opponents are based on your top 5 characters. I'm now catching everyone up, but it made everything a lot harder and more frustrating.

3) you need different characters. Stop leveling up mace; I did the same and he is a waste of resources. It's disappointing that he isn't very good; he's such a great character in the movies. Hopefully he'Il get a rework at some point, but until then, don't invest any more gear or credits in him. Same goes for chewbacca, but to an even greater extent---he is horrible. You have some good pieces, but as I said earlier about synergies, you need to surround them with other characters that complement them. Phasma is fantastic as the leader of a FO team, so maybe look into Kylo (I highly recommend him) and First Order Officer. FOTP and FOST are great to have, but hard farms since they only have 2 hard nodes each. Rey can work in a bunch of different teams; I personally don't have her, but I don't enjoy facing her at all. You have some good sith, but maul isn't really viable until he gets his zeta; he's too slow and squishy. Nihilus lead with dooku is pretty tough to beat, if you are able to get nihilus he's still useful at just 3*. Wedge goes great with Biggs, I'm working on getting him now. STHan and lando are two other good rebels, and if you level up your rebels, you can get palpatine for your sith team. I'm preparing to get him myself in the upcoming event. GS is a great attacker, plug him in wherever, but he definitely benefits from a tank since his defenses aren't great. Also, if you want Jedi, look into farming Aayla and Anakin to round out your team. Qgj is great, plan to zeta him if you're going to run Jedi, but he's very squishy and doesn't hit too hard before that, so be patient with him. Anakin is one of my favorite characters, he hits hard and has some fun abilities, but his aoe is risky due to the chance to expose himself. Works well with a taunter or yoda to provide foresight. I don't have Aayla, but I have heard only great things about her. She has a great unique that makes her counters very dangerous. Alternatively, I'm leveling up Kit Fisto, who has similar, albeit less powerful, skills. Despite his inferior kit, Fisto has higher health, damage, and protection, and his speed is only slightly below aayla's. most people will tell you to choose Aayla, but my personal preference is Fisto. Take it for what it's worth, just my opinion. Finally, if you want a healer, JC works for awhile but you'll want a better Jedi healer later on. Lumi is good mid game and has a powerful heal, but she's not very tough. I usually take her out first since she hits hard and can heal, and I never have a problem since she's not overly fast either. I'd pick Barriss if you can get her even though she doesn't do as much damage as Lumi. I'm working on her as well. Alternatively, Ahsoka has a decent, while relatively minor, healing ability, and synergizes well with Anakin. Just depends on how you want your Jedi team to be oriented: hard hitters or survivalists. Once you get 3 more Jedi of your choice to 7*, get yoda and phase out mace.

Sorry for the essay, people probably won't read all of this but I got really into writing it and I love strategizing. Hopefully this helps OP; good luck and give us an update later!

Edit: just remembered one more thing I was going to say: boba fett is an awesome character too. I don't have him yet, but keep leveling him up. He might be my least favorite character to fight against. He hits hard and can come back to life at least once, which is just so annoying to play against, but I can imagine it's awesome to have. He fits in a ton of different teams too, so extremely versatile. Good call farming him.

Also to clarify: Fisto is not better than Aayla. I simply prefer him as a character, I like to play with my favorites as well as the good characters. It's no fun to always float the mainstream
    Post edited by RandyMarsh on
  • K_mett1
    299 posts Member
    Options
    You have a good base of characters to build onto. If your top priority is GW then I recommend focusing on the wiggs combo (It's also useful in almost every part of the game). The other thing that I strongly recommend is to not train & gear up EVERY character that you unlock! Only do it when you unlock a great character (some characters are NOT worth it).

Another piece of advice is to start farming characters from arena, cantina & GW shipments:
    Arena:
    -Leia (for a rebels team)
    -IG-88 (for scoundrel events)

GW:
    -Luminara (All around player)
    -Biggs (Rebel team)

Cantina:
    -Boba Fett (scoundrel & all around player)
    -Qui Gon OR Ashoka (Jedi team)

Now these aren't all of the best characters from each list but it gives you somewhere to start and they are the easiet to farm!
  • JaminSpace
    142 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Do you have Darth Nihilus? Since you have a few Siths, you could make a team of Nihilus Lead, Sidious, Maul, Vader and Boba. Nihilus is good at three stars and really easy to get to gear 8. Unfortunately both Boba and Sidious are a pain to gear.

Alternatively, get a Wedge for your Biggs.

If you want to improve your team, gear and mods are most important. Start farming 5 dot HP mods, especially speed arrows make your team a lot better.

Since you need money and probably training droids, don't ignore Scoundrels for Credit Heist and Droid Smuggling. Boba, Lando, STHan and IG88 are recommended.
  • Dkarr
    4 posts Member
    Options
    Hey, I apologize for just now replying! I really, really appreciate the help.

Since I last posted, I've been trying to form a respectable rebel squad with the characters I already had so that I can get Palpatine in the upcoming event...So I've been leveling up Admiral Ackbar and STHan to make a 5 of Biggs, Wedge, Ackbar, STHan and either Luke or Chirrut (who is level 1 right now).

Overall, I would love for main 5 to be a sith team. I'm realizing Darth Maul is extremely valuable. Right now I only have Maul, Vader, and Sidious, but I hope to get Palpatine, Dooku, or Nihilus and then I have Boba as well.

Any advice?

Another problem I'm having is Mods, I have no idea how to utilize or distribute them. Looking at this may help you give me any advice. https://swgoh.gg/u/dkarr1/

Thanks so much!!!
  • Options
    @Dkarr
    Great start there my friend. You are on the right track to getting a solid sith squad, and you are going in the right direction.
    Maul is a hot item in any sith squad or a team that delivers massive critical damage. I only use my guild coins to buy his shards, as I'm still building him up too. And I always keep an eye out for his shards to pop up in shipments, or the fleet store also.

Best advice, focus on the teams that will get you those characters. Of course that means a rebel squad for Palps. I am hoping to finally 7* him this next round.

As for the mods:
    They have to be used in sets of 2 or 4 to maximize the benefits.
    An example is health mods. When you use a set of 2 on a character, they give you a 5% health increase before the mods are maxed in level. After they are maxed in level, you get a 10% increase in health. Those are great for healers, since they heal a certain percentage of their max health.

There are certain mods that require a set of 4 before the added bonus is applied. Speed mods are one of those mods. I use them on my Nihilus, since he is slow as can be.

The best thing you can do regarding mods, is to collect as many as you can through the mod battles and challenges.

When looking at what to apply to who, you can only decide based on the attributes the mod enhances. Maybe you have a tank that doesn't hit very hard: then apply mods that enhance offense and/or critical chance/damage.
    An attacker that dies too quickly? Use defense mods to increase their overall defense. Or health mods in order to give them more life.

It's all trial and error. Look at where your character lacks, and use mods accordingly to enhance them.

Good luck!!
  • Options
    Don't be discouraged by the GW, it took my quite some time to beat as well. Today was the day I could finish my 50s galactic war - I know because I got the achievement. And if you look up my swgoh.gg profile located in my signature, you can see I have a few toons already maxed out...

As for you:

- aim at having five at least five-stared rebels to get Emperor Palpatine. If you can't do it this time, don't worry, he will come back soon.
    - try building up a scoundrel team so that you can beat credit heist etc. and hoard resources.
    - try applying to active guilds so that you can participate in raids and get the rewards which will help gear up your toons.

After that I'm sure you'll figure what to do next that best suits your playstyle!
    Good luck and have fun!
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • Options
    My f2p level 72 character is able to clear GW with Phoenix team.
    Tips for GW
    Retreat is your friend (it is like the battle never happened)
    Finish fights slowly (let's you have your special abilities ready for next fight)
    Protection up (zeb, Kanan, Ezra on tank) if you have protection up active when battle ends, it converts it to protection (can't go above 100%) for the next battle. (Just had thought - could this be used on Nihilus team to overcharge health??)
    Sometimes a battle can be much easier if you send in a weaker team to either target and kill a single enemy or to reduce protection on enemies)
    Take notice of enemies / levels / gear level (can help you decide who to use and which enemy to target first)
    Even low star characters can be sent in to target a specific enemy (resistance expose characters can help / also characters that can burst damage (ones that get assists)

For mods... Don't focus as much on what type for right now. Farming 5 star health will help more than having 3 star specific mods for crit crit damage or whatever)
    There is an excellent YouTube video that should help you understand mods better. And how to farm specific sub stats (very important when trying to get a set of mods with speed stats)
  • Options
    for GW i use wedge lead , biggs , lando , fett and fives ..that team will get me to the 12th node..sometimes have to switch fives for a taunt dude..leaves me with my zmaul and clone team to hammer the sometimes tricky 12th ..just got to make sure your dudes specials are all on cooldown for the next fight...i realise you are not quite geared or levelled for it yet but this is a heads up for what you could be aiming for..