Why can you get shards for heroes that are already 7*

I can't believe this issue has not been resolved. Why can you get shards for your already 7 star heroes? It's quite frustrating buying datapacks and getting shards that are completely useless. Thoughts?

Replies

• thats why they are introducing the shard shop.
  • and its not an issue,its meant to be like that. anyway,it would be good getting extra shards,as you could trade them in the shard shop to get the new character.
  • Stros wrote: »
    I can't believe this issue has not been resolved. Why can you get shards for your already 7 star heroes? It's quite frustrating buying datapacks and getting shards that are completely useless. Thoughts?

I think the dev team have been under the gun from the very start, it's fairly evident from all the little hints. There's fundamental mistakes coming out (not being told straight out, need to find it from various statements). This is usually done by incompetent coder(s) and/or working too much under pressure.

Such issues as not being able to find a lost accounts and the shards stills coming to 7* heroes is not something to be proud of, at least that's my feelings from my personal experience of first coding over 30 years ago. The fundamental logic doesn't change :)
  • Wazlinski wrote: »
    Stros wrote: »

I think the dev team have been under the gun from the very start, it's fairly evident from all the little hints. There's fundamental mistakes coming out (not being told straight out, need to find it from various statements). This is usually done by incompetent coder(s) and/or working too much under pressure.

Such issues as not being able to find a lost accounts and the shards stills coming to 7* heroes is not something to be proud of, at least that's my feelings from my personal experience of first coding over 30 years ago. The fundamental logic doesn't change :)

I don't think being able to find extra shards for a even star character is a mistake. It's a attempt to emulate pack opening systems like the one found in hearthstone which is in term intended to emulate real life card packs.
  • Findec wrote: »
    Wazlinski wrote: »
    Stros wrote: »

I don't think being able to find extra shards for a even star character is a mistake. It's a attempt to emulate pack opening systems like the one found in hearthstone which is in term intended to emulate real life card packs.

Then they're really sloppy with the shard shop, should've been out at release or first patch (or even news of it)
  • Stros wrote: »

My guess is to stop whales from maxing out all the characters so quickly. If you didnt recieve shards from already max characters, it would slowly make getting shards for characters you want really easy. Since their's no other shards available.