The Clone Wars character ideas #2

Allenb60
2171 posts Member
edited August 2020
Link to #1

Pre Vizsla, Deathwatch attacker with many abilities to wear down targets
Wrist Mounted Flamethrower, basic ability - Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict burning for two turns.

Whipcord, special ability with three turn cooldown - Dispel the target enemy's positive effects. Inflict stun and vulnerable on them for one turn. Pre Vizsla gains 75% turn meter.

Darksaber Strike, special ability with a three turn cooldown - Deal physical damage to target enemy and increase the duration of their negative effects by one turn.

Code of Honor, unique ability - Pre Visla can’t be evaded and his critical hits can’t be prevented. Pre Vizsla's can't evade or prevent critical hits. While Pre Vizsla is present, Deathwatch allies deal 25% more damage to Jedi and Sith enemies.

Leader of Deathwatch, leader ability - Deathwatch allies gain 35% potency and inflict damage over time for two turns on enemies they critically hit. Whenever an enemy is healed, they recover 25% less health. Whenever an enemy is damaged by a Deathwatch ally, they take bonus damage equal to 5% of their max health and lose 5% turn meter for each damage over time effect they have. This turn meter removal can’t be resisted.

Bo-Katan Kryze, Deathwatch support that can changes the potency of allies and enemies
Westar-35 Blaster Pistols, basic ability - Deal physical damage to target enemy and deal 25% more damage if Bo-Katan has a positive effect.

Nite Owl Assault, special ability with a four turn cooldown - Deal physical damage to all enemies. For every positive effect Bo-Katan has, deal physical damage an additional time and inflict a negative effect for two turns, 1: potency down, 2: defense down, 3: daze.

Reinforcements, special ability with a four turn cooldown - Dispel all negative effects with one turn of duration remaining from Deathwatch allies. Then, Deathwatch allies have the duration of their negative effects reduced by one turn. Deathwatch allies gain 25% turn meter, protection over time (25%) and potency up for three turns.

Air Support, unique ability - Whenever another Deathwatch ally falls below full health, Bo-Katan has all negative effects dispelled and gains speed up for three turns. At the start of each encounter and at the end of Bo-Katan's turn, she gains foresight for one turn. Whenever an enemy inflicts a negative effect or Bo-Katan gains a positive effect, she gains 10% turn meter.

Deathwatch Warrior, Deathwatch attacker that deals damage multiple times
Blaster Carbine, basic ability - Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict damage over time for two turns. Deal physical damage an additional time if they already have damage over time.

Z-6 Jetpack Missile, special ability with a two turn cooldown - Deal physical damage to target enemy four times.

Kill or be Killed, unique ability - Whenever Deathwatch Warrior deals damage to an enemy equal to less than 25% of their max health, he takes damage equal to 10% of his max health, gains 25% turn meter, and gains 10% offense (stacking) until the end of the encounter.

Hondo Ohnaka, Scoundrel support that grants many different buffs and speeds up those who assist him
All for One, basic ability - Deal physical damage to target enemy and call a random ally to assist. They deal 40% less damage. All Scoundrel allies that are attacking outside of their turn gain 20% turn meter.

Leave it to the Professionals, special ability with a four turn cooldown - Target other ally gains critical chance up and Assisting, which can't be copied. The ally with the highest protection gains taunt and retribution. All allies gain offense up. These effects last two turns for Scoundrel allies and one turn for other allies.

Assisting: The first time another ally uses an ability each turn, they call this unit to assist.

Speak Softly, special ability with a four turn cooldown - Deal physical damage to target enemy and dispel their positive effects. Deal 40% less damage to all other enemies. Inflict buff immunity on all enemies for two turns. Hondo gains any non-unique effects dispelled (excluding taunt) for two turns.

Insolence? We are Pirates, leader ability - Scoundrel allies gain 25% accuracy and call another random ally to assist the first time they use a basic ability during their turn. Whenever a Scoundrel ally attacks out of turn, they recover 10% protection. Whenever a Scoundrel ally is damaged by an attack, the last two negative effects they have gained are dispelled.

This effort is no longer profitable!, unique ability - For every other Scoundrel ally present, Hondo gains 25% critical avoidance and counter chance. Whenever Hondo is critically hit, he gains stealth for one turn. Whenever an enemy is unable to gain a positive effect while Hondo is present, they lose 10% turn meter and Hondo gains that effect for one turn. This turn meter removal can't be evaded or resisted.

Bossk, Bounty Hunter tank that can taunt and inflicts debuffs to recover health
Hunter's Mortar Gun, basic ability - Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict defense down for two turns. The ally with the highest turn meter gains critical chance up for two turns if defense down is inflicted on an enemy this turn.

Dioxis Grenade, special ability with a three turn cooldown - Inflict two damage over time effects and offense down for three turns on all enemies. Inflict Poisoned and tenacity down on the target for two turns. This ability can’t be evaded.

Poisoned: Whenever this unit would be healed, they take damage equal to the health recovery instead. At the start of their turn, this unit takes damage equal to 10% of their max health.

If you got a problem..., special ability with a three turn cooldown - Bossk gains taunt and tenacity up for two turns. Dispel all offensive negative effects from Bounter Hunter allies. Remove all turn meter from the target enemy and inflict critical chance down on them for two turns.

Trandoshan Regeneration, unique ability - At the start of Bossk's turn, he gains (15%) heal over time for one turn. If Bossk doesn't have heal over time at the start of his turn, he has all negative effects dispelled. Whenever an enemy takes damage from a percent health damage effect, Bossk recovers health equal to the damage dealt, then he taunts for one turn if he has full health.

Bossk's Payout - Whenever Bossk receives Rewards from a Contract, he also gains the following Payout. (Contracts are granted by certain Bounty Hunter Leader Abilities.) Payout: Until the end of the encounter, Bossk gains 30% max health. Whenever Bossk inflicts a negative effect, he inflicts that effect on another enemy with the highest health that doesn’t have it for two turns.

Shaak Ti, Jedi healer that increases the duration of ally buffs and has self recovery while buffed
Lightsaber Finesse, basic ability - Deal physical damage to target enemy. Shaak Ti gains offense up for two turns. This attack has +80% health steal if Shaak Ti already has offense up.

Force Guidance, special ability with a four turn cooldown - All allies recover health equal to 40% of Shaak Ti's max health. Galactic Republic allies have their ability cooldowns reduced by one turn. Shaak Ti gains 35% turn meter.

Security Measures, special ability with a four turn cooldown - Increase the duration of positive effects on Galactic Republic allies by one turn. Galactic Republic Healer allies gain max health up (25%) for two turns and other allies gain defense up for two turns.

Republic Training Protocols, leader ability - Galactic Republic allies gain 50% defense and gain 5% offense (stacking, max 10 stacks) at the end of their turn. Whenever a Galactic Republic ally under full health is healed, they recover 25% more health. Whenever a Galactic Republic ally at full health is healed, they gain turn meter equal to the percentage of their max health that the health recovery would heal.

Kix, Clone Trooper healer that pushes momentum when all allies have full health and focuses on healing if they don't
Marching Fire, basic ability - Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict offense down for two turns. Deal double damage if all allies are at full health.

Bacta Patch, special ability with a one turn cooldown - Dispel all negative effects on target other ally. They recover 20% health, gain stealth for one turn and heal over time (20%) for two turns.

Team Medic, unique ability - Kix gains 60% tenacity. Whenever another Clone ally with less than full health attacks, Kix gains 15% turn meter. The first time another Clone ally would be defeated while Kix is present, they lose taunt and gain damage immunity until the start of his next turn. This effect can’t be prevented, copied or dispelled.

Tending to the Wounded, unique ability - At the start of Kix's turn, the Clone Trooper ally with the lowest health recovers 15% health. Whenever a Clone Trooper ally is healed while Kix is present, the Clone ally with the lowest protection recovers that much protection.
Post edited by Allenb60 on

Replies

• Options
    I recently started a topic that touched on some of this, including a few ideas for Bo-Katan: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/107496/mandalorian-character-ideas#latest

That said, your ideas are more detailed and I was struggling to find a good concept for Pre Viszla.

Another one to suggest: Pong Krell. I've heard that one requested a few times.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    JynErso42 wrote: »
    I recently started a topic that touched on some of this, including a few ideas for Bo-Katan: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/107496/mandalorian-character-ideas#latest

That said, your ideas are more detailed and I was struggling to find a good concept for Pre Viszla.

I'll probably do a third one at some point, so I'll make sure Pong Krell is in it. Also I really like your suggestions, it would be nice to get a Mandalorian faction with them all
  • Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »

I'll probably do a third one at some point, so I'll make sure Pong Krell is in it. Also I really like your suggestions, it would be nice to get a Mandalorian faction with them all

Totally. We've already got four in the game (Sabine Wren, Boba Fett, Gar Saxon, Imperial Super Commando). We wouldn't even need to limit ourselves to Clone Wars.
  • Options

I like your Shaak Tii concept. She seems like an obvious one to include. I kinda wish she had more screen time in the Clone Wars. One detail I found annoying was how it often seemed to fovor emphasizing the accomplishments of male Jedi (Ahsoka being the only real exception). So people like Ki-Adi Mundi and Mace Windu were regulars while female Jedi that weren't Ahsoka like Aayla and Shaak Tii only got one or two story arcs and were otherwise reduced to background roles with minimal dialogue.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    I like your Shaak Tii concept. She seems like an obvious one to include. I kinda wish she had more screen time in the Clone Wars. One detail I found annoying was how it often seemed to fovor emphasizing the accomplishments of male Jedi (Ahsoka being the only real exception). So people like Ki-Adi Mundi and Mace Windu were regulars while female Jedi that weren't Ahsoka like Aayla and Shaak Tii only got one or two story arcs and were otherwise reduced to background roles with minimal dialogue.

There is a cartoon series of the Clone Wars that was aired in 2004, I don't think it's cannon but it includes more of Shaak Ti, the characters I suggested are just based on the 2008 series though. Sorry the skills are mostly about support and healing, I was focused on synergy with characters that are in the game already
  • Options
    Fair enough. With Shaak Tii players could assemble a pretty good all-female Jedi team.
  • Options
    These bonuses are doubled for Jedi or Sith enemies

I like the idea of giving bonuses against all force-users to Mandalorians. While I'm not excited to have another faction with anti-Jedi bonuses, the history of the Mandalorians and the hints of story and motivation in a game that doesn't have a lot of story make me really enjoy the idea of granting anti-Jedi AND anti-Sith to the same character.

...Also? I like what you did with Shaak Ti. Although it's clone troopers, and we already have some synergy between Jedi & clone troopers, I have said elsewhere that Jedi being protectors ...and especially the fact that so many Jedi spent most of their time working without other Jedi nearby... means they should have synergy with other factions and function as actual protectors for non-Jedi. If Jedi only "protected" themselves, they wouldn't be protectors, they'd be selfish.

Maybe they could add the Togruta faction tag & you could give the clone-synergy benefits to other Togruta as well. Right now that's just Ahsoka, but it leaves the door open and encourages players to think of Jedi as protecting innocents and not just building a fighting force.

• Options
    Speaking of, I'd like to see a Twi'lek faction tag and have Aayla & Hera fight together.
  • JynErso42
    197 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @MasterSeedy
    Speaking of, I'd like to see a Twi'lek faction tag and have Aayla & Hera fight together.

Well, I did make a topic on that very subject a while ago. In fact I made a few topics about the idea of including more Twi'leks, if I could just get some interest from other users.

As I recall, in our correspondences we did come up with a few ideas for Twi'leks. I think I had some ideas for Bib Fortuna and Numa. Perhaps we should find somewhere to post those.

At the moment, having Hera and Aayla fight together can be done, but there aren't any direct effects of doing so. That said, a well-developed Aayla can be very effective when combined with Hera's "Play to Strengths" and "Backup Plan" abilities.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    These bonuses are doubled for Jedi or Sith enemies

I like the idea of giving bonuses against all force-users to Mandalorians. While I'm not excited to have another faction with anti-Jedi bonuses, the history of the Mandalorians and the hints of story and motivation in a game that doesn't have a lot of story make me really enjoy the idea of granting anti-Jedi AND anti-Sith to the same character.

...Also? I like what you did with Shaak Ti. Although it's clone troopers, and we already have some synergy between Jedi & clone troopers, I have said elsewhere that Jedi being protectors ...and especially the fact that so many Jedi spent most of their time working without other Jedi nearby... means they should have synergy with other factions and function as actual protectors for non-Jedi. If Jedi only "protected" themselves, they wouldn't be protectors, they'd be selfish.

Maybe they could add the Togruta faction tag & you could give the clone-synergy benefits to other Togruta as well. Right now that's just Ahsoka, but it leaves the door open and encourages players to think of Jedi as protecting innocents and not just building a fighting force.

Made a small change to the post so Ahsoka and Luminara would also have their cooldowns reduced by Shaak Ti's first special ability. I know it isn't a specific synergy with Ahsoka but I tried to incorporate what you suggested
  • MasterSeedy
    5036 posts Member
    Options
    I feel not-very-knowledgeable about Twi'leks, but I've recently started watching the Rebels series with Hera & her father. Mostly I'm just in favor of any outside-the-Jedi synergies for Jedi since they were supposed to protect the common folk. I'm curious, though, about how Aayla interacts with Hera. I have both characters, but they are just as I unlocked them + blue gear. Haven't bothered upgrading them since I can't get shards for Hera and with Aayla I needed other toons first for events & Heists.