First Zeta

Micaelis
28 posts Member
edited May 2017
I was wondering who I should Zeta first now that the Raids may be fixed and Zader may fall off the map in this game. Does Zaul have long term staying power? Will the devs eventually nerf him to switch up the meta? Would a Zylo be a safer bet especially since the new movie will be dropping later this year?
Post edited by Micaelis on

Replies

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    My first zeta was QGJ. Basically because he's the only viable zeta leader I have... Jedi being necessary for mods, a big event, great ships. By the time I have another squad ready I'll probably have another zeta.

Zylo doesn't look likely to change. He's definitely a good investment. Zody is super good for HAAT. Pick based on who you have or what you want to do. Don't worry about chasing the flavor of the month unless you're a handsbreadth away from it anyway or have the resources to simulate being a handsbreadth away.
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    You can't go wrong with Zader, especially in HAAT p2. In terms of being arena viable, Zaul, Zylo and zDN unique are all good.
  • Micaelis
    28 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Does anyone know if Zader will still be able to solo Rancor even after the fix? It might not be auto solo, but I might still Zeta him if he still can do it (with the supporting cast as well). I just would like to do that then go with like Teebo or Jyn.
    Post edited by Micaelis on
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    No one knows. It won't be easy mode anymore. Probably just have to stack a lot more speed on them to get it done if it can be.
  • RandyMarsh
    380 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm definitely going to use my first zeta on Kylo, he's my best character and when zeta'd he's almost invincible due to the protection regeneration equal to his massive damage
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    Zader will still be useful in raids, but if they do make the fix you might want to consider other toons to zeta if you care about things like arena, or are looking for a toon like Kylo who can still be very useful on AAT/HAAT in P1 and have an impact in arena
  • Zylo is not as useful for normal att raids
  • Micaelis
    28 posts Member
    Why would Zyle not be good for ATT, but good for HAAT?
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Because you have limited attempts in a normal AAT raid. Half of what makes Zylo so effective is that he can reset his cooldowns and escape easily to do some more damage on the next attempt.

If you only have 5 attempts, going solo with him is kind of a waste because you could do more damage with more than just him.
  • Micaelis
    28 posts Member
    Thank you.
    I was unaware that reseting was part of the strat. I assumed that his outrage was just a huge carry for him.
  • Micaelis wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Zader will still be able to solo Rancor even after the fix? It might not be auto solo, but I might still Zeta him if he still can do it (with the supporting cast as well). I just would like to do that then go with like Teebo or Jyn.
    I just put a zeta on my Vader and did 5x the damage in my phase 4 AAT. I messed up and find get a buff on before the air strike, otherwise I probably would have finished it. I didn't have time to start over because I had to go to work.

Point is, he rocks in AAT, and I assume GW(can't try til tomorrow due to guild activity), so he is definitely worth one. Maybe not your first if you don't use him in arena, but I would do him as soon as you tricked out your arena team. Waaayyy too much utility not to.
  • Micaelis
    28 posts Member
    Micaelis wrote: »
    I just put a zeta on my Vader and did 5x the damage in my phase 4 AAT. I messed up and find get a buff on before the air strike, otherwise I probably would have finished it. I didn't have time to start over because I had to go to work.

Point is, he rocks in AAT, and I assume GW(can't try til tomorrow due to guild activity), so he is definitely worth one. Maybe not your first if you don't use him in arena, but I would do him as soon as you tricked out your arena team. Waaayyy too much utility not to.

Well I am not looking to top Arena. I am so vested into the Empire right now. By the time my Zeta rolls around I think they will dismantle the Sith, but we will see. If in a month they are still hanging, ill put it on maul. On a side note isnt EP a better lead than Zader?
  • Ansroff
    283 posts Member
    Agree with previous commenters, zader will always be viable in multiple facets, even post-nerf. It's a zeta ability, so it has to stand out otherwise it's not much use. My second was zylo, he has been unbelievably terrific to use. If I had enough, I would have a zader lead, with zidious, zylo, zavage, and nihilius (z). One day...
  • Micaelis
    28 posts Member
    Agree with previous commenters, zader will always be viable in multiple facets, even post-nerf. It's a zeta ability, so it has to stand out otherwise it's not much use. My second was zylo, he has been unbelievably terrific to use. If I had enough, I would have a zader lead, with zidious, zylo, zavage, and nihilius (z). One day...

The question is if he still a good first Zeta, Zeta mats are hard to come by and you definitely want the first one to be able to help you get benefits that will make it worth it. I have heard that Zader rekts Rex teams in arena. With that and the fact he still good for HAAT I might get him.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    There is one Zader lead in the top twenty of my arena. There are twelve Rex leads.

With a fast Rex granting tenacity up, Zader on defense wastes a turn trying to deliver DoTs that don't stick. I have a Rex lead, and I'd be more than happy to fight a Zader lead, but nobody uses him because he's useless against a triple cleanse team.
  • Micaelis
    28 posts Member
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    There is one Zader lead in the top twenty of my arena. There are twelve Rex leads.

With a fast Rex granting tenacity up, Zader on defense wastes a turn trying to deliver DoTs that don't stick. I have a Rex lead, and I'd be more than happy to fight a Zader lead, but nobody uses him because he's useless against a triple cleanse team.

Then were are these rumors about Vader reking Rex teams? Are you running Chaze? What is that Zader in your shard running?
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    I have 6 zetas and only use R2's number crunch in arena. If someone doesn't have Chaze/Rex I would recommend:
    Zylo- for arena and HAAT
    ZDN(unique)- for arena and p3 HAAT
    Zader- raids
    Zaul- get a jump from lower tier of arena to top 100
  • Agree with previous commenters, zader will always be viable in multiple facets, even post-nerf. It's a zeta ability, so it has to stand out otherwise it's not much use. My second was zylo, he has been unbelievably terrific to use. If I had enough, I would have a zader lead, with zidious, zylo, zavage, and nihilius (z). One day...
    dad2my3 wrote: »

I run Zader arena. Newer shard so only a few double cleansers now. I'm working on good speed secondaries for my SA. It's not hard to get her faster than Rex. TM boost my Zader and game over. Cleanse away boys....my Boba will thank you for it. Zaul with a SA on the other hand....