Theorycrafting some AOE team ideas

colbycheeze86
15 posts Member
edited February 2016
Some context:
Alright so I've been rank 1 the past 2 months and I'm now bored and trying to come up with some other ideas.

I have fully maxed out: HK47, Poe, IG88/86, and Poggle. I rarely lose more than Poe when on offense, and usually win in 1 turn, or if not halfway through a second. In other words, my Poggle and Poe almost never attack twice, and I've never seen them attack a 3rd time in PvP.

Alright, so I wanted to do something fun and see if I can melt an entire team with combined AOE attacks from like 1 turn.

My thoughts were:
  • HK47 Leader
  • Vader
  • IG88
  • Sidious
  • Ventress
  • Kylo Ren
    For whales...but not me sadly :(
  • Maul
  • Lando

Honorable mentions?
Datcha / Jawa (does their maxed lvl 70 AOE do much?)

Alright so I'm not sure about how much damage each character's AOE will do when maxed so I have to play with these. Maybe someone else knows?

So far my theory revolves around IG88 getting to attack with his bonus damage fully stacked.

Vader goes in the same turn as IG88, so 50/50 chance of him applying a dot to every enemy before HK goes (he has amazing potency and almost ALWAYS applies them) IF the match lasts to round 2 (which usually pvp doesn't) then Vader's special allows him to 1 shot someone and take another auto, so fun times there.

Sid has terrible damage and health, and isn't that useful other than going first and maybe applying dots...so he would be my first to swap out if he isn't working. I think his AOE can crit for about 3.5K at best.

Now IG88 takes a turn, and will hit for about 6-7K on crit assuming dots are applied, and then he gets to take a second auto attack due to HK leader. He WILL remove 1 character from play.

HK47 is a tank, and applies more debuffs while his aoe hits for about 3k, and then gets another auto attack immediately due to his leader (almost always gets 3 crits)

The last char or two would be for mop up duty:

Ventress will always go last, so theoretically...if everyone is low she can do her AOE and reset it for a 2nd one. I don't know how much her AOE does maxed...but I "hear" that it's good.

Kylo does decent damage / tankiness. Not really synergistic in any way, but would get a lot of resets when attacked and is faster than ventress. I THINK his aoe can crit for about 4k? Ideally he is the mop up crew if he ends up being last standing in a defense situation as well.

If I had money, Darth Maul might be amazing...he always had a sick **** AOE and then being able to mop up with autos would be crazy.

Lando does a pretty insane AOE I've heard, however I've NEVER seen him.

I could always throw in a Poggle or Poe to just support the others...but that's less fun.

Anyone else have ideas on this?
Post edited by colbycheeze86 on

Replies

• Poney
    42 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I want to do that kind of team. I'm thinking about :

Sid (L) Lando Dark maul Kylo Poggle

But I think Poe needs his place or Dark will never get a turn

Sid / Bobba lead

Edit : how about jawa ?
  • Poney wrote: »

Yea I really hate the current meta of...everyone has a Poe and 1-2 chars that can one shot ANYONE (even another Poe)

This comp would be more of a...fun vs anyone who isn't doing the 1 and only viable strategy currently.

Would love to see the game evolve to a point where we see matches go past round 1.

• Poney wrote: »

Yea I really hate the current meta of...everyone has a Poe and 1-2 chars that can one shot ANYONE (even another Poe)

This comp would be more of a...fun vs anyone who isn't doing the 1 and only viable strategy currently.

Would love to see the game evolve to a point where we see matches go past round 1.

Yes but Poe is there and or you go for him, or you accept to be less competitive in arena

With aoe team, especially with low speed toons like Dark maul, you really need Poe.

Would be nice if some ppl could share how hard hit Lando/Dark maul/Jawa/Datcha at 6-7* max gear/ability

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    You forgot a couple good options:

Jedi knight Anakin
    Snow trooper
    Moff Tarkin (steal turn)
    Vlonectrooper (steal turn)
    Phasma

You need either Poe, or fast guys, or tanky guys, or you wont shoot at all
  • colbycheeze86
    15 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Triqui wrote: »

Jedi knight Anakin
    Assajj Ventres
    Moff Tarkin
    Poggle (not AOE, but increase the rest of tour AOE)

I don't think Anakin does much damage at all on his AOE. It's going to hit for like 2K crit right?
    I have Assajj listed in my ideas (thoughts were she is slow, but could mop up if her AOE hits hard)
    Tarkin won't hit hard. His AOE is a debuff with a bit of dmg. Actually, he WOULD be amazing if he 1. had more speed, and 2. his AOE was closer to 100% chance to remove meter.
    Poggle could be thrown in to increase the other 4's dmg, or Poe to just give the others a chance to go at all. Overall the Poe meta crap is what I'm trying to move away from since it's boring.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016

Jedi knight Anakin
    Assajj Ventres
    Moff Tarkin

I don't think Anakin does much damage at all on his AOE. It's going to hit for like 2K crit right?
    I have Assajj listed in my ideas (thoughts were she is slow, but could mop up if her AOE hits hard)
    Tarkin won't hit hard. His AOE is a debuff with a bit of dmg. Actually, he WOULD be amazing if he 1. had more speed, and 2. his AOE was closer to 100% chance to remove meter.
    Poggle could be thrown in to increase the other 4's dmg, or Poe to just give the others a chance to go at all. Overall the Poe meta crap is what I'm trying to move away from since it's boring.

Anakin would do 1400 base damage at 70. X1.67 multiplier with skill lvl 6= 2400 damage. With 50% self buff if someone dies, 3600. Crit x1.70 with Sid lead = 6120, minus armor

I saw later that you added Ventress. I was editing my post while you quoted.
    Tarkin or Clone help to be able to fire Ventress or Maul. Without turn control they never get a chsnce. You need faster guys or tougher ones. Anakin, kylo, Sid (speed) HK47, snowtrooper may fire. Darth Maul will never have a chsnce
  • Triqui wrote: »

Jedi knight Anakin
    Assajj Ventres
    Moff Tarkin

Anakin would do 1400 base damage at 70. X1.67 multiplier with skill lvl 6= 2400 damage. With 50% self buff if someone dies, 3600. Crit x1.70 with Sid lead = 6120, minus armor

Tarkin or Clone help to be able to fire Ventress or Maul. Without turn control they never get a chsnce. You need faster guys or tougher ones. Anakin, kylo, Sid (speed) HK47, snowtrooper may fire. Darth Maul will never have a chsnce

I am very high on anakin and snowtrooper. My anakin is only 5* so I am not sure about his AOE damage at 7*. Could anyone confirm this? If his AOE is even 5k, he could be a key to break the current speedy meta.

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member

Jedi knight Anakin
    Assajj Ventres
    Moff Tarkin

I am very high on anakin and snowtrooper. My anakin is only 5* so I am not sure about his AOE damage at 7*. Could anyone confirm this? If his AOE is even 5k, he could be a key to break the current speedy meta.

His SWGOHDB numbers are those. Without any buff, and leader other than Sid, he should do 2400dmg, 3600 crit, minus armor (80 to 250 less or so). Self buffed, X 1.5. Add other relevant midifiers (for example if he leads he gives himself another 24% damage. So self-buffed and leading he could do 6k+ damage in AOE, and buff everybody with Off up if he gets a killing blow)
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    (I'm farming him in all three nodes, have been farming in 1 no de for a long time until recently. He sounds quite good for AOE teams and Jedi teams)
  • I'm aware of the numbers on the stat sheet which is why I'm farming him in the first place, but my 5* anakin isn't even close to hitting the theoretical damage. Like I said I would be happy if he can cri 5k when fully upgraded.
  • I think Sid(lead), Vader, Poggle, Bobba, Kylo would be pretty dependable for a f2p. You can't really use 88 without Poe and Poe will not be as strong for AOE teams in the future. DOT is getting a buff, so this team would be pretty good I think
  • I think boba is only good for the leader, his damage is terrible... But yea there might be some truth to the turn meter issues. It's really difficult to overcome that **** mechanic haha. Limits strategy a lot.