Jedi arena team, just got GK

So I'm about to get GK (finally) and I currently run a Jedi team in arena. Currently it's zQGJ (L), JKA, Aayla, zYoda, and zBarriss. So who do I drop? I'm thinking zBarriss but she has saved my team a few times.

Replies

• Narseph
    141 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Depending on what your shard is made off, I'd consider dropping jka, he's way to suicidal against zaul and Rex teams
  • Options
    Jka basic is very helpfull against zaul
  • RandyMarsh
    380 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Your team isn't all that tanky; zbarriss works better with high health characters as I'm sure you know. That also makes her a great companion for GK though. When I get GK, I want to run either him or zQGJ as my leader with Anakin, Kit Fisto instead of aayla, and either yoda or barriss. If I don't zeta QGJ, I probably won't use him until I do and will use both Barriss and yoda instead. That will add more survivability at the cost of the speed I would get from his zeta. I know fisto isn't conventional or very popular, and that most people prefer aayla, but they have somewhat similar kits (her counter ability is admittedly better) and he hits hard for how tanky he is. His extra tankiness will work better with Barriss. He may not be the absolute best choice, and would be better under an IGD lead, but I always liked his character and he's fun to play with.

But back to your question (sorry, I'm a long way from GK so I like to dream): if you want to keep Barriss and still run qgj as a lead, I would drop aayla. I know she's excellent, but I think Anakin is better, and yoda's ability to grant foresight further helps your teams survivability, plus if Anakin is exposed, yoda can protect him from taking a huge hit with his foresight. It depends on how you want to play though; it doesn't seem to me that you can go wrong.
  • Options
    Qgz,GK,Yoda ,Jka is the most use base for Jedi team ,for the last spot you have many choice aayla,zarriss,Ezra, it's zylo for me and he makes me win some hard fights
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend Zarriss in a all Jedi team lead by QGJ mainly because they are all squishy and Zarriss won't help if a toon gets OHKO by Maul or someone else.
    ZQGJ
    GK
    Aayla
    Anakin
    Yoda is your best bet but if you have Ezra swap in ezra for Anakin
  • Options
    Drop the whole team. Full jedi teams are only run by noobs.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    NacciPerse wrote: »

This is the type of comment made by people that don't think for themselves and just say what everyone else says.

Check out the meta report ZQGJ lead is in third place and is the only team composed fully of one faction
  • Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »

This is the type of comment made by people that don't think for themselves and just say what everyone else says.

Check out the meta report ZQGJ lead is in third place and is the only team composed fully of one faction

As someone who runs a non-zeta Maul lead, I look for Jedi teams to climb squad arena rankings
  • Options
    CryGonJinn wrote: »

As someone who runs a non-zeta Maul lead, I look for Jedi teams to climb squad arena rankings

Case in point...I just (literally) beat the 123rd ranked squad arena team - zeta QGJ lead - without losing a single toon
  • Options
    And right back at ya..case in point I just beat the 9th rank team...zeta maul lead....without losing a single toon. But I'll give you credit, I do drop about 30 spots overnight.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    No zeta Maul? New or old shard? What was the jedi team composed of? What speeds were they? 123 rank isn't a top tier team bud.

You can't just say they are bad because you beat them on offense also a none zeta maul is no match for well modded Jedi I highly doubt the ones your facing are good squads
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

Case in point...I just (literally) beat the 123rd ranked squad arena team - zeta QGJ lead - without losing a single toon

123rd?

You realize that squad and you are around 123rd for a reason, yeah?
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    There's a guy that consistently stays top 10 in my shard between all the zmaul and Rex teams running zqgj, zbm yoda, gk, anakin and aayla, between having a fast yoda and gks taunt, retribution and foresight it's a very tough team to beat. With gk and good mods jedi are a very viable team.
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »

123rd?

Yup...I'm F2P
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

123rd?

Yup...I'm F2P

Yeah, I'm f2p and stay top 20.

I dont think that's what it is...
  • Options

123rd?

Yup...I'm F2P

If you run a full Jedi team, GK included, I'll smoke you too
  • Any
    428 posts Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend Zarriss in a all Jedi team lead by QGJ mainly because they are all squishy and Zarriss won't help if a toon gets OHKO by Maul or someone else.
    ZQGJ
    GK
    Aayla
    Anakin
    Yoda is your best bet but if you have Ezra swap in ezra for Anakin

+1

I test zBariss on Jedi , not help much but may be better to beat some team.

Cons of Bariss is make Jedi attack weaker very much and GK provide Crit immune also make Bariss less useful.

You can see my swgoh.gg of mine signature below.

I run zQGJ lead about 2-3month, got rank1 everyday.Which even Maul lead squad can not do that.
    Now overnight fall down from rank 4-worst at 20.

I test of GK lead,GK,Yoda,Fives,zBariss and many combo of GK lead , seem worst than zQGJ lead.

GK lead+zBariss with zKylo or Chaze will be much better.

I make Yoda fastest then second is GK for retribution or cleanse.

But recently, I face a hard time as Maul lead plus Chaze or some Maul+SA make me a bit harder to climb back.Lost in some match on offense.

If you have great speed will guarantee win for Jedi.
  • Options

123rd?

Yup...I'm F2P

Yep and I'm free to play. I run zqgj in a November 15 shard and I finish first 3-4days a week. Other days work gets in the way and I only manage top 5. I haven't even zeta yoda bm yet.

Your argument is flawed. Just because you can beat a team doesn't mean your opponents team can't beat yours with a human in charge not artificial intelligence.

I hunt zaul teams cause I smash them with my zqgj kenobi yoda ani and ahsoka team.

Jedi do need a buff but mainly mid tier Jedi like mace, lumi and koth. The top tier like the ones in my team more than hold their own in the arena
  • Options

123rd?

Yup...I'm F2P

Yep and I'm free to play. I run zqgj in a November 15 shard and I finish first 3-4days a week. Other days work gets in the way and I only manage top 5. I haven't even zeta yoda bm yet.

Your argument is flawed. Just because you can beat a team doesn't mean your opponents team can't beat yours with a human in charge not artificial intelligence.

I hunt zaul teams cause I smash them with my zqgj kenobi yoda ani and ahsoka team.

Jedi do need a buff but mainly mid tier Jedi like mace, lumi and koth. The top tier like the ones in my team more than hold their own in the arena

Anybody zeta'd would be nice. Oh so nice
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

123rd?

Yup...I'm F2P

I bet your squad is trash, with dumpster mods lol. What team do you run?
  • Peempo
    403 posts Member
    Options

going to assume based on his amazing rank of 123rd he has great mods? jedi can compete at the top noooo prob
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    See those are the kinda things that happens when people speak not knowing about the subject
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    https://swgoh.gg/u/poxx70

Nov. 2015 shard. Take 1st at will. Never fall far enuf to need a refresh.

Talk is cheap.
    Post edited by Poxx on
  • Kckid
    44 posts Member
    Options
    I run ZQGJ. I would drop zbariss for GK. Then your running essentially the same team I run. Only teams I have trouble against are zmaul, with SithA and Zavage. I can still beat them but it's far from a guaranteed win which most other fights are for me offensively.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

123rd?

Yup...I'm F2P

You really seem to know how to play when I see your arena team comp ...
    https://swgoh.gg/u/CryGonJinn/

To OP, I would drop Aayla on defense. JKA is great for his debuff and AoE. Against DN, drop of course Bariss.