Count Dooku & His Zeta - End Game Discussion (Protection Recovery vs Protection Up?)

Welterweight
134 posts Member
edited May 2017
As many have seen/heard before, the Dooku Zeta does not work under the DN Zeta Leadership. Let's look at Sith Trooper's special ability: if you use it with a DN lead, it adds a purple bar above his health.

I wanted to get a thread going to further discuss/analyze how this could potentially be balanced out so he can work under a DN lead in his full potential. Seeing that this character is still not a very strong one, it may be worthwhile looking at how the DN (Z) and Dooku (Z) can be tweaked to fit better together. It just seems that all that time investing 20/20 zeta's becomes short-changed under a DN leadership when it cancels out half of its effect.

I'm not sure as I haven't seen a show of hands, but I still find Dooku to be a bit on the fragile end, despite the new zeta given to him. I currently run him (G11 maxed gear) under a Zeta Maul lead and he's still usually considered to be a weakpoint (despite maxed gearing and good mods) and providing little utility to the current team meta.
- Low HP/Protection.
- Low Damage (even with offense mods)
- Low Tenacity = Daze-prone thus cancelling his unique ability
- High base Potency still not effective vs high tenacity meta

I'd appreciate further EA review @CG_Kozispoon to advise if this small discrepancy between DN (L) and Zooku intended to be fixed and maybe give Dooku a bit of a re-work in terms of survivability at least. Can we please get a further definition to Sith Trooper Protection Up under a DN lead vs Dooku's Zeta Unique Protection Recovery under a DN lead? I would think they would work the same?

At best, he usually peaks out at about 20-23K Protection (maxed all) based on mods which will give him ~2000-2300 protection recovery on a successful counter-attack each time. Another key question to this is, just how successful is activating a counter-attack to be successful?

A chance within a chance which doesn't seem to be moderately probable, given the other competition squads out there.

Replies

• DarkLord7
    241 posts Member
    Yes. Dooku is a very formidable debuffers, but if you nerf his counter and his protection recovery, he is almost useless
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    Rey is a very formidable damage dealer who can survive a long time with her Foresight ability, but if you inflict Offense Down and Buff Immunity, she's almost useless.

Barriss is one of the best healers in the game, if not the best, but she does pitiful damage, so if you inflict ability block she's almost useless.

...and so on.
  • I appreciate the analogies, but I want to know why Sith Trooper gains a purple bar under DN lead whereas Dooku gains nothing.
  • MmoProNick
    244 posts Member
    I appreciate the analogies, but I want to know why Sith Trooper gains a purple bar under DN lead whereas Dooku gains nothing.

This is because that purple bar is not considered direct protection gain/heal, rather, it is more of a temporary buff that can be dispelled, like a shield, and it cannot be replenished, but you can add more, similar to chirrut giving multiple HoT effects. protection recover, however, directly replenishes the character's protection bar like a healing effect, whereas protection up is more of a dispellable buffer effect, like Health Up with Chewbacca. (for those who still remember using him early game)
  • MmoProNick
    244 posts Member
    The Purple bar is independent of the actual protection, although it's total amount IS based off of the toon's base protection.

And Btw, Dooku DOES still gain protection under DN lead, as his base protection value still exists, It's just converted to health recovery, whereas protection up cannot be converted as it's an independent buff
  • Welterweight
    134 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    @MmoProNick - This was a declined theory proved by Smithie D on one of his videos. The health seemed to only go up minus the protection value and only the health.

Referenced video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1QdNJfBWsU

> Start at 9:00 into it and listen/watch.