Worst represented character?

Prev1
Triqui
2790 posts Member
Which char do you think has skills that do not look "right" for his/her lore? Mace Windu was a clear example, but he get reworked. Who else? My vote goes to Ashoka Tano and Assajj Ventress. They are slooooow characters with some self healing. It makes no sense for sny of them

Replies

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Mace
    Ahsoka
    Anakin
    Etc etc etc
    Yea im not gonna type all the jedi/sith that were all massivly OP compared to ppl like poe, FOTP, geonosian soldier etc etc etc

Those are the ones that should be mediocre filler toons with a strong emphasis on the jedi/sith which is the real reson we love star wars anyway
  • Asajj is my "real answer but my other choice is any droid in the game. Those guys barely can take a hit in the movies.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Abyss wrote: »
    Mace
    Ahsoka
    Anakin
    Etc etc etc
    Yea im not gonna type all the jedi/sith that were all massivly OP compared to ppl like poe, FOTP, geonosian soldier etc etc etc

Those are the ones that should be mediocre filler toons with a strong emphasis on the jedi/sith which is the real reson we love star wars anyway

I think Anakin skills represent well his personslity
  • Triqui wrote: »
    Abyss wrote: »
    Mace
    Ahsoka
    Anakin
    Etc etc etc

I think Anakin skills represent well his personslity

Sure if they upped the damage multipliers by about 2x on all his abilities
    Hodor
  • My vote is for Poe hes actually almost no one in the star wars lore neither he is a jedi or a sith yet he is more useful than Anakin and darth vader and luke!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Triqui wrote: »
    ...Ashoka Tano and Assajj Ventress...

Just started watching the Clone Wars series a week ago and those were the two names that immediately popped into my mind when I saw your thread title. First time I saw those two fight I was like... how did they get from THAT (looks at monitor) to THAT (looks at phone)?
    Most of them are pretty good thematically. Even Poe kinda matches his movie depiction, they just made him too strong, and Anakin they just made too weak (IMO).
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Asajj... Seems OK ish? Shes an assassin, might even want to work a stealth mechanic in, but the buff on kill seems right. Maybe strike fear should debuff the enemy in some way instead of remove buffs and heal?

Snips I just made an entire thread about. She seems way off.

Not talking about power level, just theme. If you talk power you have to consider things like geo soldier and ig-86 should fall over if you look at the and have no attack. I don't think that's the intended function of the game though.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Ewoks. The very thought of an ewok being equal-ish to a sith or jedi is ridiculous. Heck, even the gungans would be a better choice, they are actually developed and have some sort of an army. But no, we have the teddy bear hunter-gatherers fighting toe to toe with top class warriors...
  • Luke. Because we have episode 4 Luke, who is a whiny useless baby. Whereas what we've got in the game is a much more capable Luke.
    Of all the quotes, in all the bars, in all the world, you had to walk into mine.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Nitrocity wrote: »
    Luke. Because we have episode 4 Luke, who is a whiny useless baby.
    ... who nevertheless blew up the Death Star.
    I agree on Luke being oddly represented, however, because his rifle plays no important role even in Episode IV, but they based a whole character around it.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I agree on Luke being oddly represented, however, because his rifle plays no important role even in Episode IV, but they based a whole character around it.
    Same with Boba, blaster is non existent here

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Triqui wrote: »
    ...Ashoka Tano and Assajj Ventress...

Just started watching the Clone Wars series a week ago and those were the two names that immediately popped into my mind when I saw your thread title. First time I saw those two fight I was like... how did they get from THAT (looks at monitor) to THAT (looks at phone)?
    Most of them are pretty good thematically. Even Poe kinda matches his movie depiction, they just made him too strong, and Anakin they just made too weak (IMO).

+1
  • Where can IO find the Clone Wars series?

I have to say

Mace
    Luke
    Anakin

Gotta say Chewie. In FA you see what that Bowcaster was doing?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    In the spirit of balance, the characters I think best represent their in-game personalities/abilities:
    - Dooku
    - Kylo Ren
    - Sidious
    - Vader
    - Chewie
    - Most of the droids
    - Fives
    - Old Ben (though IMO both of his abilities are a bit overdone and he's too tanky to match his real character.. he goes down like a wet noodle in a lot of fights)
    Kylo is my favorite for design. He has cool abilities that remind me of his in-movie behavior, and he requires thought to play. He's strong and versatile, but is not OP.
    Nauros wrote: »
    Ewoks. The very thought of an ewok being equal-ish to a sith or jedi is ridiculous. Heck, even the gungans would be a better choice, they are actually developed and have some sort of an army. But no, we have the teddy bear hunter-gatherers fighting toe to toe with top class warriors...
    Well they can't actually represent them based on their in-lore power levels or 90% of the characters would be useless relative to the other 10%. There is obviously some balancing that has to be done because it's a game. (True everywhere. Even chess!)
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Well they can't actually represent them based on their in-lore power levels or 90% of the characters would be useless relative to the other 10%. There is obviously some balancing that has to be done because it's a game. (True everywhere. Even chess!)

Sure thing that letting the jedi and sith slaughter everything would ruin the game, but come on... Ewoks? We might as well get mouse droids and womp rats...
  • Cecton
    234 posts Member
    edited February 2016

I think the Luke portrayed currently is perfect for his episode iv representation. He spent his days bullseyeing womp rats.

Side note: do we know where they got the draw a bead reference for his ability? I don't remember that being referenced anywhere in the movies or supplement material.
  • Rey.. Her face looks like they used a sander and some crayons on the Jedi Guardians face and decided it looked like Rey. :/
  • Aluxendr
    358 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Boba Fett is by far the most disappointing. I'm not a Boba Fett fanboy by any means, but the Galaxy's greatest bounty hunter deserves more credit than he gets.

The don't list what era he's from, so you can't say what type of armor he's wearing. But having only 2 abilities is a huge disappointment; if anyone in the game ought to have 3 or 4 abilities, no Leader ability, and a strong Will based unique, it's this versatile, deadly Mandalorian. Out of all the characters in this game, he would be the one most likely to be able to kill any of the others.

As far as the BEST represented, Dooku easily tops the list. Going beyond how they actually made the character bear some likeness to Christopher Lee (Who was an amazing choice for the role in the movies, and one of the only actors that played his character in a believable manner)...

The way he plays in the game is actually reminiscent of Makashi, his lightsaber form in-universe, by means of him being very fast, attacking multiple times at weak points (Block and Stun), using ripostes as a large feature of his style, and using Force Lightning. Even his leader ability, while not being optimal in the way that it synergizes with Flawless Riposte, fits with Makashi; when he lets you miss, his next strike will take advantage of the fact that your reach exceeds your grasp.

Post edited by Aluxendr on
  • D_Millennial
    847 posts Member
    edited February 2016

Completely agree. For one, they should not be that slow, I don't care what there abilities are. If Ventess had turn 7 speed, she would be one of the first to move in round 2, making her rampage and dispel equally as useful as it is now, if not more.

P.S. Your in for a treat with the Clone Wars. It starts off slow but just keeps getting better and better in terms of story, character development and animation.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Cecton wrote: »
    Side note: do we know where they got the draw a bead reference for his ability? I don't remember that being referenced anywhere in the movies or supplement material.
    It's standard gun terminology for putting something in your sights.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Aluxendr wrote: »
    Boba Fett is by far the most disappointing. I'm not a Boba Fett fanboy by any means, but the Galaxy's greatest bounty hunter deserves more credit than he gets.

The don't list what era he's from, so you can't say what type of armor he's wearing. But having only 2 abilities is a huge disappointment; if anyone in the game ought to have 3 or 4 abilities, no Leader ability, and a strong Will based unique, it's this versatile, deadly Mandalorian. Out of all the characters in this game, he would be the one most likely to be able to kill any of the others.

Boba actually gets more credits in this game than in the movies V & VI
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Ztyle wrote: »

I mean, in V he tracks down Han despite Han eluding an Imperial Fleet (cause Luke isn't around), and in VI he's literally up against the Mary Sue Will-of-the-Force in the form of Luke.

Despite that and him falling into the Sarlacc, he KILLS IT FROM THE INSIDE, and then comes back.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member

Sure thing that letting the jedi and sith slaughter everything would ruin the game, but come on... Ewoks? We might as well get mouse droids and womp rats...

Well, we have stormtroopers. And ewoks kick their ****
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Ztyle wrote: »

I mean, in V he tracks down Han despite Han eluding an Imperial Fleet (cause Luke isn't around), and in VI he's literally up against the Mary Sue Will-of-the-Force in the form of Luke.

Despite that and him falling into the Sarlacc, he KILLS IT FROM THE INSIDE, and then comes back.

He falla into the sarlacc because a blind man activated his jetpack and he crashed against s vessel, looney tunes style.
  • Ventress fotp and gs
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Ztyle wrote: »

The Imperial fleet in V, is about as clever as spaceballs, and every time I see Boba cry about how much Han is worth to him at Vader, I still hope for Vader to force choke him, and say "Problem solved", in same tone as he said "As you wish" to Tarkin in IV

And in V he don't kill Sarlacc, thats some after marked money making, he just dies like Triqui wrote
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Vos
    46 posts Member
    Ahsoka and anakin are not represented well....he's so weak and she is slow...really good characters but got the mace treatment
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    When angry (someone killed a friend) Anakin can AOE for like 6k damage and buff everybody. He is fast, quite tanky, can do a lot of damage if angry, jump ahead of everybody's turn when angry, and is the only light side char with healing block, a typical dark force ability. For me, he is one of the best represented chars, I'm surprised to see his name so much there. Yes, lore wise he should be able to kill everybody in a six parsec radious. So should palpatine and Yoda. Droids should die in droves against Jedis. But the game needs a balance too, or only Yoda, Luke, Anakin, Vader, Sidious and Obi Wan Kenobi would be viable. This thread is more about the representation of the *personality* of the character, than its relativa power compared to canon. The gsme needs a compromise with balance. If not, all blaster uses would self-kill when facing Jedis with light sabers
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    I don't think they represented Cad Bane all that well. He's a survivor first and foremost, but here he's rather squishy. I would have expected him to be more tanky, more sneaky and less of a damage dealer.

Also, I don't quite understand Asajj Ventress' skill set, when comparing it to her character. Strike fear is what stands out as atypical to me. Iirc she never dabbled with mind altering Sith techniques. On the contrary, Ventress herself was the one with the fragile mind, easily enraged and uncontrolled.

I also miss Ventress' snarky and sarcastic attitude in this game. But I think they represented the "predator" feeling of her quite well with her Rampage ability. If only it activated properly on her own kills... :-/

I think Ahsoka is rather well portrayed. Her character model is spot on, as is her move set. I take it that her group heal is a homage to her inspiring cheerfulness and bravery. I could see it turned into a debuff immunity skill instead though. Healing feels more like a healer thing.
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    Rey.. Her face looks like they used a sander and some crayons on the Jedi Guardians face and decided it looked like Rey. :/

My sides!!! I haven't laughed that hard since someone begged the devs to change Kylo's appearance after buying TFA pack, because "he looks like a frooty thief".