Looking for advice

So with the coming update I have decided it's time to switch out Leia. But not sure who to exactly switch her out with. Seeing what others think before I really decide on who to focus on grinding gear and upgrading abilities.

Current team
7* phasma lead
6* poe
7* qgj
7* Leia
7* FOTP
All gear 8

Choices
5* Rey gear 7 and 55/85 shards to 6*
7* mace gear 6 might be a monster with update
7* GS gear 5 already a better option than Leia but lvl 24.
5* dooku gear 8 and 79/85 shards to 6*, will be 6*/by update.
All abilities are only lvl 3.

My PvP bracket is highly competitive so making the wrong choice can set me back. As of now I do wish rank 1-3. And my bracket is to the point of if you don't have good def toons your dropping in rank fast.

So lets hear what you all think. Will mace be that strong? Will dooku be much more a pain with poe slight nerf? Rey really isn't usable until 6* but go with her anyways? Just stick with GS as I was planning? Maybe even switch out Leia and phasma? Them are pretty much the choices

Replies

• l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I'd consider dropping Phasma and FOTP as well as Leia. Phasma (post patch) will leave you 2 proc chances less on turn one (Phasma's ability and Poe's taunt). FOTP - not really sure what his health will look like. Leia sucks on defense, so that's understandable.

Rey and GS should join the mix asap. Sid might be better as leader now, which would give you...

Sid(lead), Poe, Rey, GS, QGJ

As of now, that's the team I'm working towards and I believe it is the strongest team that I can think of

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Poe will be unaffected by this nerf rest assured there. Dooku will be no more viable then he is now (which is barely viable at best) so rest assured there as well.

Rey and geo soldier are obvious answers to me if chasing the meta and playing what you have to is fun for you. For me, toons like fotp/geo soldier/etc etc etc are nobodys in star wars so i cant find the joy in using them. We all have our own play styles but im not using a stupid poe who barely was even in the movie just cause hes almost a requirement to compete. No fun in that for me.

You have a great list of options but i say if arena is all that matters to you and being a fan of your team does not, then rey and geo soldier are awesome powerhouses for your team
  • I'd continue with Sidious, Rey, and GS. But I also do a lot Finn and 555's. I'm more a tanky hero than a DPS one. I like the tanky but assisting ones such as Tusken or 555's. I'm also in love in Storm Han and FO Officer. All are in my work till the next meta arrives list.

I believe Poe's run is coming to an end soon. Not because of nerf, but because of new heroes and the meta changing to tankier heroes.