Best Rex squad with NO chaze... Go!!

Prev1
Andy0918
37 posts Member
Thought since many people can't get (or won't pay for) the chaze plague, including myself, that maybe you all could help me brainstorm the best rex lead arena teams without chaze.

Replies

• Rex zylo ep Boba shore
  • Rex, nihilus, gk, boba, EP. Some people may recommend zylo for EP or boba, but honestly, I hate zylo in a Rex comp. He adds nothing to the team because of the cleanses and tenacity up, removing dots and keeping debuffs off him, which is not what you want. I also found that he almost never resets his cooldowns. Overall, boba and EP offer much more for this team.
  • Jimbob
    62 posts Member
    Rex zKylo zBoba Nihilus B2 gets me to 1 at payout. A guy on my shard runs Rex Gk Deathtrooper EP Nihilus though and he holds much better on defence for obvious reasons
  • Rex, GK, DN, AoE-Dispeller (B2, DT), Hardhitter (Boba, Zylo, Palp).

Rex, GK and DN are always in the best team. For the others it depends on your enemies and personal taste. B2 is better against Zaul, DT is better against Nihilus lead. Both are good against Chaze. Zylo is a beast on offence, but bad on defence. Boba is great, but does the same as DN. Palp is great, but squishy.

Krooper, Zarriss or R2D2 would also be good choices.
  • Rex, nihilus, gk, boba, EP. Some people may recommend zylo for EP or boba, but honestly, I hate zylo in a Rex comp. He adds nothing to the team because of the cleanses and tenacity up, removing dots and keeping debuffs off him, which is not what you want. I also found that he almost never resets his cooldowns. Overall, boba and EP offer much more for this team.

Disagree. Zylo resets his cooldowns all the time. The tenacity up/cleanse generally only cleanses one dot (which you use lash-out to get), and then you spam outrage the rest of the time since he then reapplies the dot.

Rex, Zylo, Zoba, GK, Nihilus is a devastating team. https://swgoh.gg/u/indominable j/
  • Mewingloki
    515 posts Member
    Been rockin Rex, Kylo, FOST, Nihilus, GK for weeks now!
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Rex L with a combination of those; Boba, EP, Nihilus, B2, ST Han and TFP. You pick the poison for opponent.
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member
    I'm thinking of running Rex, Nihilus, zSavage, Palp, GK.
  • Yester
    6 posts Member
    I recently change my setup from rebels to rex (L), kylo, nihilus, boba and STHAN, and I move from near top 50 at payout to near top 20 at payout. After palpatine event probably change STHAN with Palpatine and in the far away future I'll probably change him with GK. I am already lvl 80 so I have to improve gear and mods but I realy like this setup.
  • Andy0918 wrote: »
    Thought since many people can't get (or won't pay for) the chaze plague, including myself, that maybe you all could help me brainstorm the best rex lead arena teams without chaze.

Chaze is FREE TO PLAY. I have gotten chirrut from 4* to 6* since he became f2p.

Baze? I've got him from 4* to 75/85. Spend 50 crystals on a refresh daily and save up crystals to buy him.

Dolphin spender, but never spent money getting em (Chirrut yes, from the R1 ultimate bundle)
  • Andy0918
    37 posts Member
    Who should someone use if they don't have GK? Is he used more for a tank or a cleanse?
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Andy0918 wrote: »
    Who should someone use if they don't have GK? Is he used more for a tank or a cleanse?

He's used for both. But plenty of substitutes. I used zylo and more recently death trooper. Zylo is better for defense but DT's kit is so awesome.
    He is used for both and is pretty irreplaceable. There are others you can use, but nothing will be anywhere near as effective.
  • JaminSpace
    142 posts Member
    GK and Baze are both autotaunters and GK or Chaze provide a second cleanse. If you don't have any of them, the squad is much weaker. Shore is not good with Rex and RG is not a good autotaunt, so you need a manual tanking taunt. Since I am only level 80 and don't have GK or Chaze, I use Sun Fac. He is good against Chaze and very effective against STHan, but gets dispelled easily and than you can't defend your Rex and DN anymore.
  • Ryzak620
    215 posts Member
    At high end, Shoretrooper has become a lot less useful. He's too slow. His cooldown on his taunt is too long, and there are too many buff removers out there that are popular right now (Baze, Nihilus, DT) that he becomes a waste of a 5th person.

My anti-Zaul squad is Rex, Chaze, Nihilus, and usually Deathtrooper (sometimes Sabine, sometimes zKylo).

If I were to do it without Chaze, it'd probably be Rex, GK, Nihilus, B2, and some random damage dealer. But, I wouldn't do it without Chaze so I haven't really thought about it!
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Had some success with Rex, GK, Shoretrooper (really? are you dumb you ask, but bear with me), Palpatine and Nihilus.

"Some success" = not dropping too much when I left the game for a break. I have very good mods so all team members except shore were 210+ speed. For some reason, even with Shoretrooper and GK in there breaking some of the Rex leadership TM gains benefits by providing crit, imunity, I could hold more spots in defense without playing for 4 days, staying in the top 30. It could well be my shard not very active, or too old and even somewhat "stale" but when I used a dumb squad to test, I dropped down to 70 - 100 so the people indeed still play on my shard.

Not a team I use any longer, but can be fun if you have the characters.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Curadan
    49 posts Member
    edited May 2017

Baze? I've got him from 4* to 75/85. Spend 50 crystals on a refresh daily and save up crystals to buy him.

Dolphin spender, but never spent money getting em (Chirrut yes, from the R1 ultimate bundle)

I'd like to see the math you did to come up with this. Yes, Chirrut is in the fleet store & that's a slow farm with the rate his shards show up but I'll give you that. However, Baze is nearly impossible to get. If one doesn't have any shards yet & doesn't have 9b unlocked which is very possible, the only way to get him is shipments. 80 crystals buys you 1 shard so we're looking at 4k crystals just to unlock him at 3*. Assuming you bank 200 crystals a day, it would still take 20 days of not buying any refreshes or gear just to unlock him. That's 20 days of basically doing nothing, which is especially bad if one hasn't yet reached 85.
  • Andy0918
    37 posts Member
    Curadan wrote: »

I'd like to see the math you did to come up with this. Yes, Chirrut is in the fleet store & that's a slow farm with the rate his shards show up but I'll give you that. However, Baze is nearly impossible to get. If one doesn't have any shards yet & doesn't have 9b unlocked which is very possible, the only way to get him is shipments. 80 crystals buys you 1 shard so we're looking at 4k crystals just to unlock him at 3*. Assuming you bank 200 crystals a day, it would still take 20 days of not buying any refreshes or gear just to unlock him. That's 20 days of basically doing nothing, which is especially bad if one hasn't yet reached 85.

Thanks for sticking up for us haha. I'm level 79 and don't have the node unlocked, nor do I care to buy him nor do I have the patience to take away from farming ships/clones in the fleet store, for chirrut.
    Thanks for sticking up for us haha. I'm level 79 and don't have the node unlocked, nor do I care to buy him nor do I have the patience to take away from farming ships/clones in the fleet store, for chirrut.

I'm level 85 and I *do* have node 9C unlocked (since before Baze was put there), but still I'm just at 29/50 to unlock. I didn't have enough built up in the shard shop when he was there, so I didn't get a big boost to my farming at that point, and my crystals (since I'm a true f2p, no spending at all) have far more frequently been used for gear my existing teams need than to try getting to 330 shards 4 or 8 at a time. Technically, yes, Chaze is a free farm. Realistically, though, if you're f2p you didn't start planning around the duo just because they suddenly got put into two of the slowest farming locations in the game.
  • Re OP: I asked about this on another post earlier, and the team recommended to me (assuming that beyond Chaze, you may not have a fully-built GK or DN either) was Rex, EP, Boba, STH, B2.
  • Andy0918
    37 posts Member
    Re OP: I asked about this on another post earlier, and the team recommended to me (assuming that beyond Chaze, you may not have a fully-built GK or DN either) was Rex, EP, Boba, STH, B2.

Thabks!! I have all of those plus Nihilus leveled and geared. I'll see how they do!
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    I also don't have GK yet, and don't care for Chaze (or even Wiggs for that matter). My plan is to run Rex(L) Kylo Boba SunFac (B2/EP). DN is an option but since I won't be able to star him up anytime soon, I feel the gear will be better spent on one of the others. Interested in finding how your Rex team does in arena @Andy0918
  • Which combination of these toons would work best with Rex?
    EP DN Boba B2 SF Shoretrooper DT Vader TFP STHan Maul R2D2 .
  • Andy0918
    37 posts Member
    Did you even read the post at all?
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Rex
    Dn
    Kylo
    Fost
    Boba

I dont know this ranks. But this works.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Rex zNihilus zKylo zBoba B2. Although because of cleanse and T up you can swap out zKylo for someone else like Shore, TFP or even EP.
  • Platzman
    284 posts Member
    Rex, Zkylo, ZNihilus, GK, Thrawn. Tool against anything.
  • Platzman
    284 posts Member
    Rex, Zkylo, ZNihilus, GK, Thrawn. Tool against anything.
  • Not sure how well this holds up in shards that are older than mine (January 2017 here), but I consistently get 1st in Arena with Rex(L), Nihilus, R2-D2, zKylo, Boba. The most I've fallen in a given day is to #13. I assume this team needs to change in some way though. Getting a Jedi squad ready for once I have GK (102/145 shards currently).

https://swgoh.gg/u/xaereth/
  • Rex, GK, Zylo, Nihilius, and TFP.

Or Rex, GK, Wiggs, and Nihilus.