If Old Ben makes it to F2P...

I think I want to build a tanky PVP team if I can get my hands on Old Ben.

The idea would be to get high health characters that you are punished for attacking:

Currently: Old Ben, Savage Oppress, Han, Kylo, and 5's come to mind. I think I would need Bariss for a lineup like this.

Bariss(lead) Savage, Old Ben, Kylo, 5's

- what do you think?

Replies

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    That team would get wrecked.

You have basically no damage out and the only threat u listed is kylo, just ability block him then burn him.......game over nothing your team can fo to stop the onslaught

Step by step
    Kill kylo
    Kill savage
    Kill 555's
    Kill ben
    Kill Bariss

Virtually 0 chance for that team to beat anyone on defence. I wouod love fir players on my arena group to start building "tanky" teams rather then teams that can hurt you tbh. Would make finishing top 5 sooooooo much easier everyday
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Abyss wrote: »

You have basically no damage out and the only threat u listed is kylo, just ability block him then burn him.......game over nothing your team can fo to stop the onslaught

Step by step
    Kill kylo
    Kill savage
    Kill 555's
    Kill ben
    Kill Bariss

Virtually 0 chance for that team to beat anyone on defence. I wouod love fir players on my arena group to start building "tanky" teams rather then teams that can hurt you tbh. Would make finishing top 5 sooooooo much easier everyday

Maybe. It might do better than you think, especially with the Savage buff and Poe/ Phasma/ FOTP nerfs. Either way I have a top 5 team with the usual suspects, so it would be a fun project
  • Bad team
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    l3end3r wrote: »
    Abyss wrote: »

Step by step
    Kill kylo
    Kill savage
    Kill 555's
    Kill ben
    Kill Bariss

Maybe. It might do better than you think, especially with the Savage buff and Poe/ Phasma/ FOTP nerfs. Either way I have a top 5 team with the usual suspects, so it would be a fun project

Fun side project for sure (im building droid team for same purpose)
  • I miss the level 60 cap days, remember when battles took 3 rounds or more and Old Ben was actually a threat in OP said team? Now it's 30 seconds or less, Old Ben will more than likely die before getting to perform a act or become the last one standing, and 50% damage reduction means nothing. Anymore it's all about who can attack the quickest and highest DPS.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Not only you made a 0 dps team, but in your tank team you even managed to skip Poe!!! Amazing :hushed:
  • UnckyBadTouch
    264 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    If Old Ben makes it to F2P, Then I have my fifth Jedi for the event. GG

Better yet, add him to arena shipments.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I think a better option could be adding a couple of damage dealers with stelsth or evasion (foresight). Leía and Rey for example, get stealth and foresight in the first turn. People have to attack then Fives kylo or Savage or waste an attack vs foresight.
  • Dario
    326 posts Member
    I've tried this it does not work
  • I like it - tanks are a good option vs. high damage teams. You might want to mix in Phasma for Han though, or possible one high damage attacker like GS. Old Ben is there for meter control / defense down - which protects your team. You do need some damage though. Another tanky option is Tusken Raider - he has nice offense and brings in an assist.
  • I'd like to see Aayla added as the next Chromium only to have a FtP option.

Personally I'd prefer Lando, but think as an overall good one to make avail it would be Aayla.