Shore's taunt cooldown

Prev1
Juex777
968 posts Member
edited May 2017
So the updated trooper content showed up today. I was really bummed with the increase from 3 to 4 turns in cooldown on his taunt. I'd love to just keep the character how it was.

For me, I consider this to be a considerable nerf. The addition of the crit immunity and heal on himself is also a disadvantage on one of my main team comps that I use him on regularly. He actually was pretty good with Rex. For the first round, he auto taunted with no crit immunity, so Aoe's all gave me TM (that part still works) . Then with crit immunity on the rest of the team and him taunting, I still got TM while they critted Shore. Now all that is gone and he's taunting only about half the time at most. That is what made him so good, his short taunt cooldown. Now there isn't nearly as good of protection, even if he is harder to kill. Less TM, less healing. Major nerf with my (and many others I imagine) team comp!

I'm bummed! :-(

Replies

• scuba
    14039 posts Member
    Thought it was always 4 turns.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    With the omega it was 3.
  • Always been 4
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Are you completely sure? I remember it being 3 with the omega.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    I think if it gets dispelled the cooldown is lowered by two since he also gives himself crit immunity now, so it is about the same still
  • Mine currently has a CD of 4, but not omega'd.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    In the description of still only says it the cooldown gets lowered by 1 of dispelled ....so that part is the same.
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    Swgoh.gg still has the old info.
    7X14hyJ.jpg
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Have you been forced to client restart yet? I just got it and after the cooldown was increased by one
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Yeah. It definitely was a cooldown of 3 with omega before.... Now it's gone up to 4
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    They probably adjusted that while using him in the new trooper synergy. But for a lot of us who use him in other comps, this is a major nerf that's really going to hurt our teams.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    I worked so hard on him. It's really discouraging.
  • Cyrus_Ren
    133 posts Member
    7X14hyJ.jpg

4-1=3
  • Mines still 3
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    It was 4 look at the pic I posted. If they changed the duration it would have been mentioned.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Juex777 wrote: »
    In the description of still only says it the cooldown gets lowered by 1 of dispelled ....so that part is the same.

Ya, but he didn't give himself crit immunity before, only other allies got it, so if he loses taunt it is still the same cooldown as before technically
    edit: wait I just checked, the cooldown was always 4 turns....
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    It won't be after the newest in-game update and client restart
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    Mine currently has a CD of 4, but not omega'd.

Make sure you are looking at the level 7 ability. If you just click on the ability it takes you to the next available upgrade which shows you what it will be.
    Level 7 CD is 5
    Level 8 CD is 4
  • Already did all that. Updated it. No change
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Allenb60 wrote: »

Ya, but he didn't give himself crit immunity before, only other allies got it, so if he loses taunt it is still the same cooldown as before technically

It will be good for trooper comps I'm sure, but that in itself hurts his useless in my Rex arena squad. My main squad is going suffer, probably in a big way. He had plenty of protection and health as it was to survive a while. This will be a nerf for anyone who had him well geared. It will outweigh the new ability in pretty certain for a lot of squads.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Not the appstore update. There was an additional in game update. 25 minutes ago, it was pushed to my device, requiring a client restart and some new in game downloads
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

Make sure you are looking at the level 7 ability. If you just click on the ability it takes you to the next available upgrade which shows you what it will be.
    Level 7 CD is 5
    Level 8 CD is 4

I've had it omega's for a while. Cooldown was 3. Now it is 4
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    It s the only taunt I knew about with a 3 turn cooldown. Well worth the omega
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

Level 7 CD is 5
    Level 8 CD is 4

I've had it omega's for a while. Cooldown was 3. Now it is 4

So when you used it and it was his next turn it showed 2 turns left?
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    He had the best taunt in the game. When it was dispelled it was always up again almost immediately. It definitely was 3 (-1 when dispelled) with omega. Yes. I'm sure. Someone on here just confirmed theirs still says cooldown of 3 at level 8
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Well here is my last proof that you are mistaken and it was 4
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/71344/character-strategy-shoretrooper/p1

kiKAhc4.jpg

Edit:changed pic so it also showed ability description in game.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    It's a backdoor nerf. Offering something to keep an already hard to kill character around longer at the expense of the most practical taunt in the game being nerfed.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Maybe it was an error then... Because it was 3. And someone on here just also read that theirs still said 3. So regardless of why there is a desrepency. My best tank just got nerfed. It's quite noticable in game play as well
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Though. I'm not sure why it said 3 on our games and 4 on the description. I do get that your proof should be evidence. There never should have been a discrepancy to begin with. Very strange.
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    Erm I used shoretrooper for about a month in arena and what you are all mistaken about is not CD that was always 4, after using you could see the 3 CD on him but his taunt lasted 3 turns and I remember this because he was always taunting and now if he has a 2 turn taunt, he's always gonna be missing a round to permataunt that is what made him good for me, although, he's been changed for kenobi now, way better ^_^