Shown one price charged another

Dark_Light
499 posts Member
Had a banner pop up for 49.99 crystal pack clicked buy now, I purchase through Touch ID, charged 69.99......come on now.

Replies

• Zwulfi
    14 posts Member
    Welcome to the dark side!
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Now that is something I would definitely contact EA about.
  • Engels
    90 posts Member
    for me they say euros. but charge dollars plus vat (iceland)
  • Dark_Light wrote: »
    Had a banner pop up for 49.99 crystal pack clicked buy now, I purchase through Touch ID, charged 69.99......come on now.

Credit card chargeback
  • Dark_Light
    499 posts Member
    I'm in contact with ea, just waiting for the receipt to come through email. Takes forever.
  • Yeah me too, I bought 9200 crystals for 27.000 Chilean Pesos and got charged for 37.000 Chilean Pesos, outraging EA. I too have sent ticket for this.
  • Dark_Light
    499 posts Member
    After a brief phone call with ea,they assured that it did not function as intended however no cash refund could be issued I will be award crystals equal to the amount that was overcharged. Which makes a happy customer and likely a returning one.
  • Clotho
    5 posts Member
    I was overcharged on the same package. Where did you find their # to call?
  • Clotho
    5 posts Member
    I submitted a ticket and received a reply quickly. Unfortunately they told me to contact itunes so now i am getting the run around...

I'm not very happy. People in my guild have complained of the same problem. This is not an itunes issue.
  • ishr
    38 posts Member
    Same thing happened to me. Let's post in the same thread so we can keep it organized because right now the devs are denying that this is possible:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/108371/warning-in-game-pop-up-promotions-for-crystal-deals-divert-to-different-deal#latest

Please post in there that this also happened to you so we can show that there is some bug in their coding.
  • Dark_Light
    499 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    There's an option from the website once you've sumbittted a ticket to revisit it,then I believe you scroll don't to receive call, put your number in and literally it took 10 seconds for them to call me. https://help.ea.com/en/star-wars-galaxy-heroes/star-wars-galaxy-heroes/
    Go to the bottom of that page click contact us. Enter your ticket #, after that scroll down there should be a "get a call" button or something like that. They were very helpful.
  • Clotho
    5 posts Member
    Thank you. I just got off the phone with someone who was very diifficult to understand and had trouble understanding me. They told me the same thing. Contact Itunes for a refund.

I have had problems with EA in the past.

I am fed up. I am gojng to get itunes to refund my money and then i am going to find another game to play that is as far from EA as possible.
  • Dark_Light
    499 posts Member
    Clotho wrote: »
    Thank you. I just got off the phone with someone who was very diifficult to understand and had trouble understanding me. They told me the same thing. Contact Itunes for a refund.

I have had problems with EA in the past.

I am fed up. I am gojng to get itunes to refund my money and then i am going to find another game to play that is as far from EA as possible.
    I'm shocked did you send in an attachment showing that you were charged incorrectly?
  • Clotho
    5 posts Member
    I wasn't even given that option. What did you send them? A screenshot of your credit card bill? This is the quote from the email.

"I am sorry to know that you have been extra charged for purchase.

I would suggest you to please contact iTunes, they will refund your money, If you have been extra charged. "

Phone support was even worse as their English was poor.

Billing error? Contact itunes...

Currently trying to figure out how to get a refund from Itunes as that appears to be my only option.
  • teemezetA
    18 posts Member
    I also got in chat with them recently, they asked me for 2 screenshots showing what I was actually charged. Dev told me my case was high priority and that they will fix it asap. Didnt say if refund or crystals tho
  • Dark_Light
    499 posts Member
    I received the same email. But once I was on the phone and I sent them the attachment of the receipt from my email, I just politely explained that I wanted the 49.99 pack and I pay by Touch ID. I admitted it was partially my fault for positioning my finger there before the confirmation popped up but after a brief explanation of what happened they told me they could not issue a refund but could give the price difference in the form of in-game crystals. I don't understand why you are having the same problem with no help from the customer service representative. Maybe call back and provide them more details. And the email receipt.
  • teemezetA
    18 posts Member
    ^this. Try opening a case under the "missing content/never recieved" tag, that should get you a quick response, from there you can call or chat with them again and explain yourself better
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hiya!
    This has been flagged as a bug and is being investigated, Thank you!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Dark_Light
    499 posts Member
    Hiya!

Cheers, thank you for responding.
  • teemezetA
    18 posts Member
    Hiya!

Yay, thanks for confirming this
  • ishr
    38 posts Member
    Dark_Light wrote: »
    I received the same email. But once I was on the phone and I sent them the attachment of the receipt from my email, I just politely explained that I wanted the 49.99 pack and I pay by Touch ID. I admitted it was partially my fault for positioning my finger there before the confirmation popped up but after a brief explanation of what happened they told me they could not issue a refund but could give the price difference in the form of in-game crystals. I don't understand why you are having the same problem with no help from the customer service representative. Maybe call back and provide them more details. And the email receipt.

I'm not sure we have the same problem. I went through the process 100% correct, no mistakes. I wanted to buy the $99.99 pack, and there never was a confirmation page (just went through via touch ID purchase). Instead I got filled for a completely different (less appealing) order. Is this what happened to you?
  • Silky
    522 posts Member
    At least they fixed it for you. They refused to help me out at all.
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • They still havent fixed for me, and I cant buy more crystals now because I got overcharged.. I need to buy those mod packs.. ****...
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Various threads have been trending regarding the confusion with the recent Crystal offer in game. After further investigation, it appears that this was an issue of a mismatch between the $99.99 ad which was hooked up to a $19.99 offer. Players who selected the listed offer were charged $19.99 and received the contents of the $19.99 offer. We apologize for the confusion. This discrepancy was resolved on 5/4 at 12pm PST and further Crystal offers should now be correctly listed.

Our team is actively addressing this situation with the Players who were affected by this mismatch. We appreciate your patience as this is handled!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
This discussion has been closed.