So now that R2 is out...

Antares
686 posts Member
...I know there are some unfortunate people who did not get 5 7* empire characters in time. I was kind of lucky because I farmed them only for the T7 pit solo run and had no problems with completing the R2 event...

Now my question is: Inevitably, there will be another such event at some point and I wonder which faction we have to have ready by then? No one here will know of course, but what are the options? Sith? I don't think so, because with the Maul infestation everyone has them at 7* and there would be no point in selling Sith shards anymore. Maybe separatists? Or Resistance when the new movie comes out?!?

Replies

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    If they have another event like this, I am certain it would take Sith. Why?

Because they are one of the big 4 factions: Empire, Rebels, Jedi, Sith.

These particular events are about being iconic, not about making people farm lesser used toons. That's what Assault Battles and Omega Battles are for... not these ones.
  • Options
    Phoenix or Ewoks
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    If they have another event like this, I am certain it would take Sith. Why?

Because they are one of the big 4 factions: Empire, Rebels, Jedi, Sith.

These particular events are about being iconic, not about making people farm lesser used toons. That's what Assault Battles and Omega Battles are for... not these ones.

Following that logic it could be Resistance just as well. With the new movie coming in a few months, they are set to receive plenty new characters.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    When the Yoda event first went live there were 14 Jedi to choose from.
    When the Emperor event first went live there were 11 Rebels to choose from.
    Currently for the R2-D2 event, the are 14 Empire characters to choose from.

If another such event takes place, look for a sizeable faction. I wouldn't expect one anytime soon, though.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    It might not be that easy if it required Sith as most people do not have Nihilus max out at 7* yet. Especially since a lot of the new Sith are viable even at 3*, reducing the incentive to 7* them.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Look how most siths are being farmable and they would make sooo much money on a Nihilus pack if they release a sith event for jedi luke :)
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    But I don't have any of the new Sith and could also beat such an event. (EP, Vader, Sid, Maul, Dooku)
  • Gamezealot
    152 posts Member
    Options
    Aero wrote: »
    When the Yoda event first went live there were 14 Jedi to choose from.
    When the Emperor event first went live there were 11 Rebels to choose from.
    Currently for the R2-D2 event, the are 14 Empire characters to choose from.

If another such event takes place, look for a sizeable faction. I wouldn't expect one anytime soon, though.

Could be Scoundrels. There are currently 13 in game. Kind of makes sense from a gaming / lore point of view as it was Chewie and Han that got Luke off Tatooine in ANH. Ofc, that wasn't Jedi Luke.

Possible problem with that is most people have 5 of these already for the credit heist.

Anyway, I expect that General Grevious will be re-worked before we see Jedi Luke.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Rebels (27), Empire(14) and Jedi(18) are the largest factions, so my best guess is the 4th largest faction: scoundrels(13).
    didn't count galactic republic (25) because they're mostly jedi.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Did they change factions for the other events? Yoda was always Jedis right? I got palp when there were Rebels required, was the first Palp event a different faction?
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Did they change factions for the other events? Yoda was always Jedis right? I got palp when there were Rebels required, was the first Palp event a different faction?

No, the factions always remained the same.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    I would be surprised if there was another legendary event added any time in the next year or so. By definition there can only be a few of them, and there aren't really any major characters who aren't already in the game worthy of having one. Luke won't have one since we just got one for a rebel and he'll likely be released with the new game mode or a raid.

If we ever get another legendary event, it would probably be someone from the new trilogy. Maybe Snoke if he's a fighter.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    If there is such an event, it should be the opposite faction of the delivered heroe, like for EP and R2. Scoundrels is kind of generic and do not have dedicated enemies.
    The only heroe that can be delivered in such a way, somebody who is a fan based heroe, is Jedi Luke. With The Last Jedis, they will for sure introduce new FO and next faction could be FO. Again, if they deliver Jedi Luke in the same kind of event.
    Also FO is a hard farm and it will encourage people to farm them.
  • Options
    It'd be cool if they had an event where you needed old republic sith to activate Revan, of course they would need to add at least a couple more to the game before they could do that. Regular sith would be much too easy and EA knows that.
  • Options
    I reckon, if they show more of his character in The Last Jedi, the next one could be Snoke.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think it's going to be Jedi Luke. If they release him in such a format in only a half year (or whenever the next such event is), they will have 3 lightside characters and only 1 darkside released in that fashion. My bet is still on Resistance to unlock some First Order character.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    Antares wrote: »
    I don't think it's going to be Jedi Luke. If they release him in such a format in only a half year (or whenever the next such event is), they will have 3 lightside characters and only 1 darkside released in that fashion. My bet is still on Resistance to unlock some First Order character.

By that logic the raid toon for the AAT raid should have been a dark side character. I really don't think that's even a consideration when it comes to this type of event. They seem to only have 2 requirements for these events:
    1. the character and who you need to beat them have to be iconic and in keeping with the flavor of the star wars world (not even slightly about balanced gameplay)
    2. The faction you use to get them has to be large/easily farmable enough for everyone to be able to acquire them.

I'm pretty sure that if you take any ideas about game balance rather than flavor in trying to decide who's going to be used and who it will be then you're just going to be wrong. Now the character released may have something to do with balancing the game, but the event itself will have nothing to do with balance.

• Joost
    233 posts Member
    Options
    Might be a Snoke event where you need to use resistance characters sometime when episode 8 is released or even when 9 us released. Will probably be weeks or months after the movie is released so everyone has a chance to see it first though.