30 Speed mods too rare?

Sagefire
62 posts Member
title says all....I'm farming the 30 primary mods since 2 months and only got 1!!!

just bought 5 mod packs....nothing -.-

Replies

• Gamezealot
    152 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    That is the point.

EA and CG want you to keep spending.
  • CamaroAMF
    1279 posts Member
    Easier to find them in the mod store. That's where I've gotten most of mine. Just have to make sure you keep credits on hand in case one shows up.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Patience! Check the mod shop 4 times daily and after a few months you will have a few.
  • Try finding 5 dot CD triangles with a CD primary and speed secondary showing, then you'll really be yanking your hair out!
  • Sagefire
    62 posts Member
    ok..so I'm not alone :)
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Been here since mods were released. Have zero health arrows with 30 speed. I farm health a lot.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    farming mods religiously and buying every speed arrow available (for credits) resulted in me having 21 5* speed arrows. Needless to say that's only a fraction of the total amount of mods farmed/bought, but eventually you'll be able to mod all your raid toons with a speed arrow ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • guidaki
    51 posts Member
    just buy them from the shop with credits when they show up
  • Sagefire
    62 posts Member
    they never show up......I think my mod store is a bit buggy, the last 2 weeks I got not a single mod with more then 2 stars
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Sagefire wrote: »
    they never show up......I think my mod store is a bit buggy, the last 2 weeks I got not a single mod with more then 2 stars

have you cleared all the health and defence mod challenges? if i remember correctly you'll have to clear those in order to get 5* mods to show up reguraly.
  • Sagefire
    62 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    Sagefire wrote: »

have you cleared all the health and defence mod challenges? if i remember correctly you'll have to clear those in order to get 5* mods to show up reguraly.

yeah i cleared them all :/ i'm going to open a ticket now, I just compared my store with the store of a friend...he got 4* 5* 3* 5* 2* and so on.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    I got 3 in 2 days of farming them a couple months ago...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    leef wrote: »
    farming mods religiously and buying every speed arrow available (for credits) resulted in me having 21 5* speed arrows. Needless to say that's only a fraction of the total amount of mods farmed/bought, but eventually you'll be able to mod all your raid toons with a speed arrow ;)

to put things in perspective, i've only got 18 mods with a 10 or higher speed secondary (not counting speed secondaries on arrow mods, since they're pretty much useless if you're aiming for speed).
    Combine that with needing 5 good secondary speed stats and just 1 speed arrow for a single toon and all of a sudden those speed arrows don't seem that rare anymore.
  • LRMoser
    139 posts Member
    Yes
  • StupidRiggedTrash
    77 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Farming mod challenges = mostly grey goop. And a DEFENSE ARROW. wow.

My mod store keeps selling defense, offense, and potency or tenacity mods. I need CC and CD ones (completed tier 3 5* challenges).

Can't get into top 50 without speed. I'm wondering how the top players got them all :(
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Buy the gray 5 dot speed arrows for like 2 mill credits when they pop up in the mod shop. Easiest (and cheapest) way to get them.
  • Not for me, I come across them often enough
  • Kane13
    256 posts Member
    Try to hit a critical damage mod with critical damage primary with secondary speed. Makes speed arrows look like an easy farm.
  • CK_3030
    177 posts Member
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Easier to find them in the mod store. That's where I've gotten most of mine. Just have to make sure you keep credits on hand in case one shows up.

That's if the mods are even available to purchase with credits. Pretty much everything I've ever seen has to be bought with 2.5k crystals or more.

Could you take a guess though as to how much you spend on average per mod? 3 or 4 mil?
  • I've bought two 5* speed primary arrows at +30, and a 4* at +26... all from the mod shop for credits (I'm f2p. No cache of crystals). But that's over several months of daily checking. They're rare, but they do show up.