My 7 star F2P R2 squad (it's not super impressive)

Angrybaldman
369 posts Member
edited May 2017
Palpatine lead (G11, lvl 85)
Vader (G11, lvl 85)
TFP (G10, lvl 85)
Royal Guard (G9, lvl 80)
Snowtrooper (G3, lvl 30)

As you can see I only have 4 viable characters. Snowtrooper was dead weight but needed a 5th character @7 stars. This actually ended up working out quite well. Snowtrooper would immediately go into yellow health at the start of the encounter and make RG taunt. RG would then soak up the first couple of turns worth of damage, which gave the rest of my squad enough time to apply debuffs and stuns.

Main strategy was to target R2 first every time, since he causes the most problems. Only had to reset once on the last fight due to bad RNG. Hope this helps people!

Replies

• Arkham
    275 posts Member
    Any advice on pulling this off without a tank?

I have Zader (G9), EP (G8), Tarkin (G9), TFP (G9), and Snowtrooper (G8). All lvl 85 and modded (if sometimes poorly). I feel like I could do it with good RNG--like if snowtrooper gets killed first instead of EP, Tarkin, or TFP.

RG is on the way ...but I'd rather not expend all those resources.

https://swgoh.gg/u/arkham/
    Enthusiast of undervalued toons, general dismisser of trends,
    https://swgoh.gg/u/arkham/, A Team
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Arkham wrote: »

I have Zader (G9), EP (G8), Tarkin (G9), TFP (G9), and Snowtrooper (G8). All lvl 85 and modded (if sometimes poorly). I feel like I could do it with good RNG--like if snowtrooper gets killed first instead of EP, Tarkin, or TFP.

With only g8/g9 it's gonna be quite difficult. I failed the first time running Zader lead with g11 Zader / EP / TFP and g8 RG / Tarkin. EP lead works a lot better but I don't see your squad being able to finish it.
  • Arkham wrote: »

It's very tough without a tank in all honsety, and with no toons above G9. The lvl 85 rebels are extremely fast and without a damage sponge half your team will go down in the first couple turns.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    On my 2nd account I did it with Palp G10, Vader G11, TFP G10, RG G8 and GMT G7
    So the requirements aren't that high to the toons
    But I had to think about what I did, not like on my main where I think it would had been possible to auto the last tier
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Arkham
    275 posts Member

It's very tough without a tank in all honsety, and with no toons above G9. The lvl 85 rebels are extremely fast and without a damage sponge half your team will go down in the first couple turns.

Half my team goes down before I get a turn :/ and I'm usually down to 2 toons by the time vader goes.
    I did manage to get it down to R2, old ben, and chewie once though, so I think with RG (G7 ...) or stormtrooper (nearly G9, but tougher to get to 7-stars) and a little RNG luck I should be able to pull it off.

A single G11 char would also make it significantly easier, especially if it were Vader--but that's not happening within a week.
  • Darksouls2020
    368 posts Member
    edited May 2017

All I can say is good luck u might have to try 100 times.

Also don't sweat it, r2 6 vs 7* pretty much the same except the latter u can do raid which not sure how viable he is for raid
  • I took out han and leia 1st
  • Arkham
    275 posts Member
    edited May 2017

All I can say is good luck u might have to try 100 times.

Also don't sweat it, r2 6 vs 7* pretty much the same except the latter u can do raid which not sure how viable he is for raid

Uh. Encounter requires 7* characters.

edit: Nevermind, now I understand. And no, I'm not waiting 3 months to 7* him. Thanks though!
  • Jedi1337
    33 posts Member
    I did it with G10 Zader lead, G10 Palp, G11 TFP, G10 RG and G8 Tarkin.
    Finished everything from first try.
    And i am free to play.
  • I took out han and leia 1st
    I took out han and leia 1st

I did this as well until stage 6, then took out R2. R2 was by far the fastest and that AOE fire damage was a pain.
  • Done with Palpatine lead g8, Vader g8, Tfp g9, Rg g8, Tarkin g8.

All lvl 85 with decent mod (5 point mod) and omega abilties.
    It wasn't easy, I had to try 3-4 to do it but for me taking out R2 first was the key.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    R2 is the main problem, he gets a hell of a lot of turns. It took me a few tries.
  • I struggled a bit on the final stage as my Shore Trooper is only 5 stars and I had to replace him with a horribly geared 7* Tarkin but once I employed the strategy of attacking R2 first, I defeated the stage.
    My team is:
    EP (L) g9, Vader g10, TFP g11, RG g9 and Tarkin g6.
  • Arkham
    275 posts Member
    Sallaire wrote: »
    Done with Palpatine lead g8, Vader g8, Tfp g9, Rg g8, Tarkin g8.

All lvl 85 with decent mod (5 point mod) and omega abilties.
    It wasn't easy, I had to try 3-4 to do it but for me taking out R2 first was the key.

Yep! I got 'er done just now. All I had to do was re-mod Vader. In the end he had 180 speed, and it only took me one try. Using EP lead was also crucial, so that Vader could heal. Killed Han, then Leia, then Luke, accidentally took out Old ben next, then killed R2 ... finally, it was a duel between Chewie and Vader. I could heal, and he couldn't (ability block).
  • I did it after failing multiple times with average mods, so I decided to strip my arena mods off and put them on, and the ended up winning no problem. I used:
    EP lead gear 10
    TFP gear 9
    Rg gear 10
    Vader gear 8
    Tarkin gear 7
    I killed han first, then leia, then Luke, then Old Ben, then went after R2 and kept chewie stunned while I did so,before finishing chewie off. I beat it first time with my arena mods on.
  • Javik
    246 posts Member
    So I liked this event it was challenging. I had a gear 10 EP lead, G10 Vader, G10 TFP, G9 Tarkin, G7 Royal Guard. Now all of them had 5 dot health mods. They key is definitely on who you target. The aoe attacks did most of the work on Luke, Obi Wan, Han, and Leia. I used EP to shock chewie and then try and stun everyone else after. R2 is the biggest pain and almost every chance I had I would attack him.
  • Vader g10,
    (L)palp g9,
    stormtrooper g8,
    tfp g8,
    tarkin g7

Took me, quite literally, about 50 tries. I put all my speed arrows from my arena team onto vader, palp, stormtrooper, and tfp. Key for me was restarting if ab or stun landed on tfp, Vader, or palp. I wanted Vader to go right before tfp so all enemies were practically guaranteed to have debuffs by the end of tfp's turn. I really only cared about using tarkins second ability to inflict speed down. I basically took out han, Leia, and Luke first, then was forced to take out old Ben since r2 and chewy were stealthed, then was barely able to take out r2. Palp had an easy 1v1 with chewy at the end. But leave old Ben and chewy for last, since killing old Ben will give them all buffs, and neither he or chewy does much damage. I also had a tenacity cross on my toons to (in my eyes) slow down stuns and ability blocks (don't know if it even helped much). That's how I did it though...I will say, I wasn't f2p, but all the characters you could potentially have. I got lucky, but when you battle around 50 times, it's bound to happen eventually.
  • Hi all, thanks for the posts helped me a lot.

I just finished seven starring this, luckily got it first time, even though Han stunned EP first. I think best kill order is R2, Han, Leia, Farmboy, Chewie, Old Ben. Team used below

EP(L) G10 Lvl 82 Modded for speed
    Vader G9 Lvl 82
    RG G8 Lvl 82
    TFP G8 Lvl 82 Modded for speed
    Tarkin G7 Lvl 80

Having TFP ability block, and buff immunity was very useful, as I could target Han during R2's stealth. Managed to get off another round before the next stealth so most of the Rebels had buff immunity.
    I used RG to stun Old Ben, so he couldn't get off his offence down, then used TFP's ability block on R2 until he was dead.
    Once R2 is gone it's much easier! EP shock and stun, TFP ability block, Vader ability block and you're able to crowd control the rest.
  • LordVader31179
    25 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Saw some great ideas there. However, I don't have EP at 7* yet.
    I have 7* RG, GMT, ST, TFP, Snowtrooper, DV, Magma...all gear 8 to 10, heavy mod for defense, potencty, and speed.
    I can't beat that last tier for R2.
    Dang bucket hits harder and faster than any of my squad.

Any chance you guys could help me figure this out? Without EP in there...

I lose 3 toons before I get an attack in, and that's with Tarkin's speed in the lead position.

And did anyone else think it was ridiculously stupid how powerful that droid is? I can't even comprehend how they could design that droid, that powerful, after he was shown to get fried on 3 separate ocassions.
    Just silly...
  • Sir3
    13 posts Member
    Hey, great thread! Remodded Vader and palp speed and finally got 7* r2
  • It didn't seem possible at first, but yeah, just keep going until you get some good RNG on taking down R2 first... The rest fall fairly easily.

Also, I feel like the recent Magmatrooper "rework" didn't change a single thing about that guy....