Simple effective Chewbacca/Han Solo Rework

J_Raphs
85 posts Member
Very simple, Chewbacca gets synergistic buffs from Rebels and Resistance.
Han Solo becomes an ace stunner and counters the pre taunters.

Clone Wars Chewbacca:
Light Side, Galactic Republic, Rebel, Resistance, Tank

Han Solo:
Shoots First:
Han has +35% Counter Chance and +10% Critical Chance.
Han takes a bonus turn at the start of each encounter and whenever Chewbacca, if present, uses a special ability. During these turns, he ignores taunts and stealth and he can only use his Basic ability, but it will Stun the target for 1 turn.

Replies

• lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    J_Raphs wrote: »
    Raid Han or Stormtrooper Han?

• J_Raphs
    85 posts Member
    Clearly Raid Han, as his name in game is "Han Solo" and he has the ability "Shoots First."
  • J_Raphs wrote: »

Clearly Raid Han as OP is describing his ability. Problem is the licensing agreement with lucasfilm only allows chewbacca to be clone wars era.
  • J_Raphs
    85 posts Member

Clearly Raid Han as OP is describing his ability. Problem is the licensing agreement with lucasfilm only allows chewbacca to be clone wars era.

In that case, just change Han, and let Clone Wars Chewie work with his future best bud.
    If wording is an issue in the ability, change "Chewbacca" to "Wookie Tank."
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member

No kidding? Why would that be? If they can use Episode 4-6 Han Solo, why can't they use Episode 4-6 Chewy. I expected Chewy to be released eventually and create high synergy with Solo. Now that you mention this, I'm not so sure. Do you have evidence for this to confirm?
  • J_Raphs wrote: »
    Clearly Raid Han, as his name in game is "Han Solo" and he has the ability "Shoots First."
    I thought about it again and realized what you meant. OK, got it.

Just that it wouldn't totally surprise me either if somebody started asking for Stormtrooper Han to have a guaranteed go-first added to him, to extend the shelflife of the STH/Wiggs speed team.
  • Exletion wrote: »

No kidding? Why would that be? If they can use Episode 4-6 Han Solo, why can't they use Episode 4-6 Chewy. I expected Chewy to be released eventually and create high synergy with Solo. Now that you mention this, I'm not so sure. Do you have evidence for this to confirm?

I can't remember exactly where I heard it. I think it was a YouTube interview with @EA_Jesse like 6-7 months ago.
  • J_Raphs
    85 posts Member
    I thought about it again and realized what you meant. OK, got it.

Just that it wouldn't totally surprise me either if somebody started asking for Stormtrooper Han to have a guaranteed go-first added to him, to extend the shelflife of the STH/Wiggs speed team.

I hear you. It's such a shame that GK is so good and Han is so worthless. Would love to see him be viable in Arena.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Exletion wrote: »

I can't remember exactly where I heard it. I think it was a YouTube interview with @EA_Jesse like 6-7 months ago.

I'm not doubting you, but it seems odd that they can place Ep4-6 Chewy in battles, but can't make him a playable character. Unless the deal with Lucasfilm is wanting to cash in on a Resistance Chewy....
  • J_Raphs
    85 posts Member
    Regardless, what do you think about the rework? Either with or without changes to Chewie?
  • Mc_Iavell
    240 posts Member
    Adding a sinergy between one of the first character each of us got, and one got in late game with Heroic and guild, it's good.
    The changes you're proposing are nice.
    Let's hope, my guild will start heroic rancor tonight and it seems to be this is just worthless (except for standard rewards].

• It's as big a shame that Han and Chewie are not the crew of the Falcon as there is no Jedi Luke in this game.