R2D2 Event

Prev134
Exletion
649 posts Member
So essentially, I see two groups of people equally spread. Those that complain they they can't complete R2 event with just EP and Vader, and those that can complete event without EP and Vader. Basically those that can complete too easily complain, and those that can't complete also complain. Did these people ever stop to think perhaps the event was perfectly in the middle of the road? I am congratulating the Devs at creating a fun, enjoyable and equally exclusive event for veterans of the game. Keep rolling out good content and please ignore those that can't see past their own perspective.

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    +1 event was great
  • +1 glad they basically gave him to us since its a rare event!
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    +1 people need to stop complaining
  • Throw me in the non-complaining pile.

I expected to be at, and complete Tier 3, which I did.

Got 3 with 4*, my fourth is 5 shards away from 4*, but the fifth guy is no where near. So I'm not even going to bother trying.

...unless I break down and buy the 699 Empire Pack and get lucky to get enough shards for either of my two that are currently at 3*. But what's the odds of being that lucky?

The next time this rolls around (est 6 months?), I *should* be ready to complete Tier 5, maybe 6.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • My complaint is a little different. The calendar for the events was updated yesterday. The R2 event is shorter than the old legendary events (11 days). Since there's no overlap between the two events, I can't 7* the event for 3-6months.

Can I survive? Sure.

But if they would have been clear about the timeline, I could have EASILY farmed Magma to 7* within the timeframe. Now, I can't. I should have Tarkin 7*ed by the second to last day of the event, but it's pointless beyond having a good second capital ship.
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    My complaint is a little different. The calendar for the events was updated yesterday. The R2 event is shorter than the old legendary events (11 days). Since there's no overlap between the two events, I can't 7* the event for 3-6months.

Can I survive? Sure.

But if they would have been clear about the timeline, I could have EASILY farmed Magma to 7* within the timeframe. Now, I can't. I should have Tarkin 7*ed by the second to last day of the event, but it's pointless beyond having a good second capital ship.
    In all seriousness, you might save yourself a few months of dissatisfaction by going ahead and buying that Magmatrooper pack they're offering. Soften the blow by dividing the price by the number of months of 7* R2 happiness you expect to get.
  • Brendo_Macabo
    77 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    In all seriousness, you might save yourself a few months of dissatisfaction by going ahead and buying that Magmatrooper pack they're offering. Soften the blow by dividing the price by the number of months of 7* R2 happiness you expect to get.

I thought about it... but I bought crystals and Shoretrooper. I'll live with my gypsy 6* R2.

It's a lesson to remember to expect the best and plan for the worst... hedge bets... it's my own mistake for thinking they'd keep to their old event schedule... and miss out on the opportunity to get us to swipe.

I'll swipe for characters like Shoretrooper... not for Magma. Baze? Sure! Hoth Rebel Scout? No thanks.
  • I was expecting a 6 star R2 and that's what I got.

I did not expect him to be so fast in the last stage. Lil runt's on robococaine.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    i loved it. literally barely beat 7 star version, with just one toon left standing.

frankly for a while i thought it might be a draw 'cause my last toon, Vader, (under EP lead) and their last toon, Chewie, were just exchanging blows and heals.... i had to get very lucky with ability block 3 consecutive times in a row so their chewie wouldn't heal before i can finish him

it was nail biting to the end. love the event, perfect difficulty that someone like me who hasn't really worked on Empire specifically, has a chance.
  • I was surprised that my squad even was able to 7* it. I have ep g10 rg g10 but Vader, tfp and snow at g8 but got through it all. Not bad at all.
  • I didn't even get an R2 since my 5th empire troop is at 4 stars.. I'm not mad, it is what it is, I'll wait until next time. idk why everyone else is crying
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    i like these events. keep these coming!
  • Carbonari
    676 posts Member
    Great event. Excellent character. The whole thing was well-executed, particularly the cut-scenes and the dialogue. Couldn't be happier.
  • Loved the event!! I have granteda 7* R2 with a Grand moff tarkin without protection on tier 7, so, very acessible.
  • TonyVisor
    211 posts Member
    It was challenging. About what i expected, maybe slighrly harder, bit it is very doable. I completed with g8 vader and ep, g7 magma, g10 rg and tfp.
  • ViperPete
    333 posts Member
    I really enjoyed the event.

IMO.... they should have the event to get him to 7* and then a bonus section of the event that is actually a challenge to those of us that have fully geared characters. Like they all the rebels double health and do double damage. And when you beat that R2-D2 is automatically Gear 8.
    Would make it more of a challenge. The event was over in about 5-6 minutes or something for me so it went by really fast.
    I 'd love to be a Jedi... But I sure as hell would use the dark side too...
  • Niloc
    2 posts Member
    I disagree, I have 7 7* empire characters, all at or above g8, with 3 above g10 (palp,rg, and vader), and another 1 7* I haven't geared up still (magna). I have tried tons of combos and cannot beat it for the life of me. I've even swapped my squads around. I feel I have a very respectable squad for empire characters, and I get absolutely curb stomped.

I've seen what people are running to win, but I don't think not having the "right" 3 g10's should be required for any of these events. This reminds me a lot of yoda pre-rework where you really had to throw all your investments into yoda to get him 7*.
  • MykCnoE
    116 posts Member
    I was a bit worried on T7. They got some hits in and my toons took a little bit of damage. ;)
  • Entity
    44 posts Member
    G10 palps, G10 vader, G9 RG and G8 magma and Tarkin... not even close to clearing :/ its just Weird to read here how easy some find it. Is tfp that essential?
  • ViperPete
    333 posts Member
    G10 Palp
    G11 TFP
    G11 Shore
    G11 Vader
    G11 Tarkin.

That's how I beat all of them. Very easy. Probably a lot harder with less geared characters.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    I liked the R2 event
    On main I ran Zader, Palp, TFP, RG and Shore all G11, was it easy for me, yes, but it was fun and guess what Zader worked in tier 7, his DoT remained and I got occasional TMR
    It was just as fun on my 2nd account
    Palp G10, Vader G11, TFP G10, RG G8 and GMT G7
    It helped me that I did it on main first, as I found out that Old Ben, had forgot to bring his "If you strike me down" skill
    A great event imo
    Could I complain about something, yes but this is a mobile game and there's limits to what they can do
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • FlyingOyster
    68 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    The people who have easy success so far have fielded shoretrooper. Without the encounter starting taunt, the rebels could easily take out g8 tarkin/tfp within the two rounds they get before Empire has their first turn.
  • Ztyle wrote: »
    It helped me that I did it on main first, as I found out that Old Ben, had forgot to bring his "If you strike me down" skill
    What? He spreads the buffs around anytime I put him down.
  • ViperPete
    333 posts Member
    Ben didn't on mine either. No buff after his death.
  • I ran Palpatine lead, Vader, rg, Tarkin, and magmatrooper 50 times before I realized that you had to take out R2 first. His passive buffs make it impossible unless you focus on him FIRST.
    SWGOH NAME:Pan
  • old ben spreads his buffs on mine too, are you guys forgetting TFP buff block maybe?

completed with ep (L g10) vader (g10) tfp (g10) rg (g9) and tarking (g7)
    very average mods (tarks wasnt even full modded)
    had all but tarkin standing

as someone said above target r2 first, he is insanely fast and spreads all those annoying buffs. once he down its just mopping up
  • G11 Zader
    G11 Palp
    G11 RG
    G11 TFP
    G10 Tarkin

5 mins and done. I didn't even realize tm removal wasn't effective in the final tier.
  • G11 EP
    G11 Zader
    G11 TFP
    G9 RG
    G7 Tarkin

Zoomed through, with a little trouble in the final stage, but completed on first try. Just to show all G10/11 isn't needed.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    +1 from me too. I have TFP, Vader, and RG decently geared, and the 1-4th tier was relatively easy. Death trooper now at 5* as of today and need to finish a few more shards on Veers to get my last 5* for that tier (to unlock and probably just leave at 5*), but so far the dead weight has kind of been dead weight, and the over geared characters seem to lose a bit of oomph each level. I would imagine even if I had the stars I would need a bit more to complete the tier 7, and considering my lack of focus on empire characters other than for niche picks, that seems pretty adequate to me.

TLDR-Unlocking him takes a decently varied roster and a bit of commitment, and 7*ing him either requires a deep roster of decently geared chars or a couple of outstanding empire toons. Seems balanced to me.
  • Niloc wrote: »
    I disagree, I have 7 7* empire characters, all at or above g8, with 3 above g10 (palp,rg, and vader), and another 1 7* I haven't geared up still (magna). I have tried tons of combos and cannot beat it for the life of me. I've even swapped my squads around. I feel I have a very respectable squad for empire characters, and I get absolutely curb stomped.

I've seen what people are running to win, but I don't think not having the "right" 3 g10's should be required for any of these events. This reminds me a lot of yoda pre-rework where you really had to throw all your investments into yoda to get him 7*.

I made it with only one toon with gear XI, and one toon (Tarkin) with lv 70 and only gear VI (without protection). I think that the problem is in your mods.