R2-D2 Bug - Missing Shards

Joonbugg
24 posts Member
edited May 2017
I completed all tiers of the R2-D2 event, but when I went to activate him, my WiFi glitched, and then I couldn't activate him. After closing out and restarting the phone and the app, R2-D2 was activated, but it says I only have 72/85 shards towards 6*.

I contacted customer service, and they said that because I have a "guest account", they cannot give me anything or do anything. Said something about it being their policy. This is ridiculous. It's bad enough that EA refuses to address the stupid "guest account" issue, so that I can never transfer the game to another device or link it to a game account in case I ever lose my phone, but to not give me any option to receive the shards for an iconic character that I won, on May 4 much less, is completely unacceptable.

r2-d2completion.jpg
r2-d2shards.png

@EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon
Will someone please address this and make it right??

Replies

• Mc_Iavell
    240 posts Member
    what's the problem on linking the guest account to a "real" one?

In any case, +1 for your trouble
  • @Joonbugg sent you a PM.
  • Joonbugg
    24 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Long story short...when I originally signed up to play on my android phone, my young son wanted to play with me, so when setting up the account, I put in his age. I had no idea that would doom me forever. As a result, it only created a "guest account" on that phone, which means I can only access the progress when loading the game on that phone. I can never link that account to a google game play account (which means, I can never access my account on another device, not even another Android device). With a guest account, you can't change you in game name and can't access the guild chat.

And, worse of all, EA says that it's their policy to never give any help to such guest accounts.

EDIT: Thank you @EA_MindTricks.
  • Joonbugg
    24 posts Member
    I just want to say publicly a HUGE thank you to @EA_MindTricks for his help. He fixed the situation and restored my faith in the team.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Glad something worked out
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Glad to see the issue has been resolved! I'll be closing the thread. Cheers!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
This discussion has been closed.