Shore or death trooper?

MayAddy622
298 posts Member
Who do you guys think is the better character for plug and play scenarios? I am not necessarily looking to run empire, but i definately once unlocking palp plan on using a palp vader combo.

Keep in mind I am not in a meta shard, all of us in it are below level 75.

Replies

• Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Shoretrooper all the way. More versatile and valuable.
  • Ender22 wrote: »
    Shoretrooper all the way. More versatile and valuable.

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    That's a bit faulty comparison. Dt is rockass in an empire team and is farmable from cantina. St is a looooong farm. If you are going that way I reccomend Baze over St though.
  • MayAddy622
    298 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    No_Try wrote: »
    That's a bit faulty comparison. Dt is rockass in an empire team and is farmable from cantina. St is a looooong farm. If you are going that way I reccomend Baze over St though.

Baze is not sitting in the shop right now for 20 bucks :)
  • MayAddy622
    298 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Delete

• Baze over both and he good at 3*
  • Shore
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Both.

Both are good in their own right.

I was able to get my shore to have over 105k total health which is nice
  • MayAddy622 wrote: »
    Who do you guys think is the better character for plug and play scenarios? I am not necessarily looking to run empire, but i definately once unlocking palp plan on using a palp vader combo.

I love how u ask WHICH of the 2 and ppls response are telling u to get other characters (that u didnt ask about) or saying both like that helps. Me personally for $20 i think shoretrooper has more value bc he is a hard really slow farm. I cant even beat the level 9 hard battles yet. But i have a weak LS and really strong DS so cantina battles were easier and i can farm deathtrooper way easier and faster if need be.
  • ViperPete
    333 posts Member
    I have Shore 7* G11 and hes a great tank. His taunt at the beginning of every battle is valuable in a lot of situations. He can absorb a lot of punishment and can also heal the party.
    I have Death Trooper 5* and G11. I have not figured out what he's especially good at so far. Obviously he's going to be good going against Rebel teams. But for now, i'll recommend Shore over DT every time.
    I 'd love to be a Jedi... But I sure as hell would use the dark side too...
  • MayAddy622
    298 posts Member
    MayAddy622 wrote: »

I love how u ask WHICH of the 2 and ppls response are telling u to get other characters (that u didnt ask about) or saying both like that helps. Me personally for $20 i think shoretrooper has more value bc he is a hard really slow farm. I cant even beat the level 9 hard battles yet. But i have a weak LS and really strong DS so cantina battles were easier and i can farm deathtrooper way easier and faster if need be.

Lol I expect those responses mixed with a few legit ones inbetween. I am at a stage in the game where i have just hit level 69..so none of these guys are farmable for me yet, I still run top 100 in my arena shard using a mix match team, currently lando, st han, kylo, boba, fives. And I'm really just looking towards the future with what i am doing now, so yes its all about value for 20 dollars the most. It seems like even with my current lineup, shore could step in place of han or fives and be immediately better then what i have even at four stars. And maybe he isn't as good as baze but i cannot stand baze, I am staying away from those builds, I am aiming more to dark side especially with the trooper rework and I'll be getting palp in a week. So I think I have made my mind up, especially considering he is still a top 3 tank, and isn't baze. And his farm is incredibly difficult even when I can actually make it there.

Thanks m8 :)
  • MayAddy622 wrote: »

Both
  • MayAddy622
    298 posts Member

Both

I would love to have both.

Spot me the 21 bucks and ill be sure to use it :)
  • sjkerhfgdjhd
    1009 posts Member
    Shoretrooper is definitely the harder to farm without the pack. And even with the bonus 25% crystals you get about twice the value from a $20 Shoretrooper pack as you do from a $20 crystal pack that you spend on Baze shards. That said though, neither Trooper is terribly useful outside an empire team. At least not the way toons like Chaze, Nihilus, Boba, EP, and such are.
  • MayAddy622
    298 posts Member
    Shoretrooper is definitely the harder to farm without the pack. And even with the bonus 25% crystals you get about twice the value from a $20 Shoretrooper pack as you do from a $20 crystal pack that you spend on Baze shards. That said though, neither Trooper is terribly useful outside an empire team. At least not the way toons like Chaze, Nihilus, Boba, EP, and such are.

It seems his immediate taunt, and then heal taunt though along with crit immunity would do fairly well in a mix matched lineup as those are things to benefit anyone. Especially if i decide to run squishy characters.

Getting him would make me really want to play around a lot more though with empire. So far in my early game they have been secondary. But I'm thinking maybe palp lead, with vader, shore, tie fighter, and 1 more of something might do very well in my shard if i take the mods that I run on my arena characters and switch them.
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    edited May 2017

I love Deathtrooper on my sith team. He has a very versatile kit
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    It's important to know where you are headed before investing in this game. In top/mature shards, Shore has pretty much vanished. A lot of teams don't even run taunters anymore. But if you're at a level where Wiggs is king, then Shore is pretty invaluable.

I haven't played much with DT. But he fills a completely different role as an attacker. So my suggestion would be that if you need someone to help you throw down damage, get DT. If you need someone to absorb damage to help your squishies, get Shore. Also, as mentioned, Shore is farmed through a single hard node. Getting a jump on that is pretty valuable.
  • MayAddy622
    298 posts Member
    evanbio wrote: »
    It's important to know where you are headed before investing in this game. In top/mature shards, Shore has pretty much vanished. A lot of teams don't even run taunters anymore. But if you're at a level where Wiggs is king, then Shore is pretty invaluable.

I haven't played much with DT. But he fills a completely different role as an attacker. So my suggestion would be that if you need someone to help you throw down damage, get DT. If you need someone to absorb damage to help your squishies, get Shore. Also, as mentioned, Shore is farmed through a single hard node. Getting a jump on that is pretty valuable.

Has be been pretty much replaced by baze on those top shards? Or teams just not running tanks?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    evanbio wrote: »

Has be been pretty much replaced by baze on those top shards? Or teams just not running tanks?
    Baze/Kenobi, even for darkside teams. I wasn't aware of the sale since I'm f2p. Bang for your buck is ST amongst these 2 choices since DT is more specific and is way easier farmable. Besides ST is quite usable without the full star grade.

• ViperPete
    333 posts Member
    I run Rex lead Shore, TFP, Zylo, Zoba.
    I maintain top 25 every day in the arena. Shore is invaluable to me. Baze might be better i don't know. I only have him at 4*
    I 'd love to be a Jedi... But I sure as hell would use the dark side too...