Hoth Rebel Scout, Bistan or Pao?

Goodhelmet
88 posts Member
edited May 2017
I am scraping the bottom of the barrel for cantina characters. Who should I collect next?
Post edited by Goodhelmet on

Replies

• M_L
    469 posts Member
    do you mean Hoth Rebel Scout? I've had him for a while, and i find him fun to plug in in GW, he can help any kind of team to pre load some TM w his basic.

I'm working on Bistan solely for Rancor

Pao seems awful and I don't understand its purpose for existing at all... but maybe i'm wrong and someone can make him look OP in an all rebel squad.
  • Bistan could me magnificent with his TM gain during Frenzy. He can also lower TM so he should be a winner for Rancor.

Pao should have his uses too, he will fire three times when buffed and enemy is debuffed, and he can boost others. So in theory another version of Leia.

Hoth Rebel Soldier seems meh.
  • M_L wrote: »
    do you mean Hoth Rebel Scout?

Yep. That's who I was talking about.
  • b06af3tt
    76 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I just Star'd up Hoth Scout for emperor event. It's too bad, I pulled him 4* in a bronzium a LONG time ago. He's awesome! Should have leveled sooner. Pretty easy so far to gear level too. His turn meter manipulation is really good. On a wedge team, he's a staple.

No experience with Bistan or Pau.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    farm nihilus from shard shop instead :)
  • Bistan is a solid toon
  • b06af3tt
    76 posts Member
    Pau against a B2 or one of the other dispell toons would be a disaster! With his cool downs being so many turns, I'm real hesitant.
  • I barrel scraped here and picked HRScout. Didn't regret it! Bistan I had already from fleet/log-in etc.

Bistan I find 'ok'. He's good for stacking DoT's but to be honest (and I think I'm probably in the minority here) I find him a bit underwhelming. TMR is good for raids but there's better 5-man set ups that don't include Bistan. His big advantage for me is that he's a pilot.

HRScout is a reasonably good damage dealer and gives TM to allies so I find him useful all-round (although nothing particularly special)

Pao I agree with the majority, I really can't see a use for him (seems like 100% 'filler' toon)
  • codenamevadah
    99 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    b06af3tt wrote: »
    I just Star'd up Hoth Scout for emperor event. It's too bad, I pulled him 4* in a bronzium a LONG time ago. He's awesome! Should have leveled sooner. Pretty easy so far to gear level too. His turn meter manipulation is really good. On a wedge team, he's a staple.

No experience with Bistan or Pau.

This pretty much sums up. HRS shines on a Wedge team. His TM manipulation and stun chance are a great plus on a very offensive rebel setup. A shame i haven't unlocked him, otherwise i'd surely use him.

Bistan is SO good and the heart of this setup: AA (L), Lando, STH, Bistan, Leia. Also very good for Rancor, especially if coupled with Jyn.

As to Pao, i don't really know so i'll refrain from speculating. I'm sure someone already made him OP on a very specific setup.

GL!
  • Mrjenkins
    383 posts Member
    Are paos cooldowns so long cause he looks like a turtle? Otherwise it seems just weird
  • Bistan, serves multi purposes in raids and ships
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    I'm sure pao will see his day. But I'd farm bistan for sure. His ship is nice. The scout you can farm in hard nodes anyways.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    I'd vote HRScout first. He's excellent for a rebel team in raids and isn't too hard to gear. His damage is great and absolutely shines with a Wedge lead. He's also super useful in GW if you need TM.

Bistan is good for TMR and all, but the Rancor raid is the only place TMR is useful, and well most people haven't had trouble with that raid in a long time. Jyn does his job better and you don't need him to make that team work. Sure his ship is alright, but I think there are 8 ships that are better or more worthwhile to use.

Pao? Looks like a worse version of Leia with worse damage than Barriss.... I'd steer clear of him.
  • I'm putting together a rebel raid team with Jyn, Bistan, ST Han, Bodhi Rook and Pao. Pao and Bodhi have good synergy together. I see this team working great on the Rancor but nothing else really. Who knows lol
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    farm nihilus from shard shop instead :)