close to the real star wars universe

holyjoe35
249 posts Member
is there any way the dev's could at least make a small effort to make toons as close to the star wars universe as they are???

this is getting a little out of hand with some of the toons that can destroy other toons when in the star wars universe there'd be no way they could.

the emperor himself can easily take out 5 rebels by himself. not in this game though.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yep, you are playing the wrong game.

As described by the devs, the goal of this game was to make a sandbox where anyone could bring in their players and stand them side by side snd fight.

A little more balance and we would be there but by no means was this in any way ment to be canon or even real world in a galaxy far far away.

Think more fantasy football for starwars.
  • poschi87
    22 posts Member
    Oh what fun it would be ... Training and gearing toon after toon, just to let EP anhiliate all of them in an instance, just because otherwise it wouldn't be canon ... come on, that can't be your request! I think it's great that even Vader or EP have to deal with other toons and to see them in constellations you would never see them in the "real" Star Wars Universe! I think, it's something like the idea behind this game? ;)
  • holyjoe35
    249 posts Member
    i'm not saying EP should be all powerful and wipe out everyone.

what @Kyno said is what i'd be looking for but i think it needs more than a little balancing.

it just gets old going into arena and within seconds of starting the battle my EP is fried. the other team? 5 rebels who all got turns before i could even blink.

that would NOT happen in the star wars universe. nor is that toons side by side fighting in a sandbox.

if i can keep myself in the top 150 i can actually go against some decent teams where it's more balanced and actually fun. fall below that and everyone just uses rebels. not fun, not impressive.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    This game is themed as taking place in a board game, so everything that happens in it is just for fun and doesn't really represent anything, like having Dooku fight a Jawa in an Imperial Endor base
  • Allenb60 wrote: »
    This game is themed as taking place in a board game, so everything that happens in it is just for fun and doesn't really represent anything, like having Dooku fight a Jawa in an Imperial Endor base
    Yeah we all know in the real Star Wars a jawa would wreck dooku
  • holyjoe35
    249 posts Member
    guess i just always had myself believing the dev's care about all there customer base and it's become quite clear all they care about are the whales.

not to mention it's clear not a single one of them care for the sith or darkside characters. they aren't even half as powerful as what they really are. the best toons are all rebels. well dev's not everyone likes rebels.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    There is a way they could find balance and bring it closer to canon as well. Take EP for instance. If he was really potent in game, he eats 2 or 3 of your 5 character slots. Balance restored.
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    holyjoe35 wrote: »
    is there any way the dev's could at least make a small effort to make toons as close to the star wars universe as they are???

this is getting a little out of hand with some of the toons that can destroy other toons when in the star wars universe there'd be no way they could.

the emperor himself can easily take out 5 rebels by himself. not in this game though.

I guess you missed the premise of the game, you are playing in a cantina on a Holotable.. This is why ani and vader can fight next to each other while fighting against Han Solo and well ...Han Solo in a stormtrooper outfit. :)

This is about fun and imagination while you relax, a "what if" nothing else.

• holyjoe35
    249 posts Member

I guess you missed the premise of the game, you are playing in a cantina on a Holotable.. This is why ani and vader can fight next to each other while fighting against Han Solo and well ...Han Solo in a stormtrooper outfit. :)

no i didn't miss anything. except the fact that the game is extremely unbalanced and the dev's show there true colors and favoritism to characters THEY like, not building a game for everyone.

not to mention they would get a lot more money if they considered everyone. i won't spend a penny on this game the way it is. but if the scales weren't tipped so far towards rebels i'd considering putting down some dough.
  • sL_Spinoza
    404 posts Member
    Sorry guy
    Wrong game
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member

no i didn't miss anything. except the fact that the game is extremely unbalanced and the dev's show there true colors and favoritism to characters THEY like, not building a game for everyone.

not to mention they would get a lot more money if they considered everyone. i won't spend a penny on this game the way it is. but if the scales weren't tipped so far towards rebels i'd considering putting down some dough.

What comprises your arena team ?

@holyjoe35
  • You're contradicting yourself so much that I can't even tell if you're serious or not

You complain about balancing the game but then say that emperor palpatine should be STRONGER to fit with canon? He's already one of the top tier characters in the game

Imagine if what you wanted happened. You want it to happen because you're tired of the same few characters being the best but it would be exactly the same except even more unfair if they did it your way.

Every single team in arena that could hope to be competitive at all would be made of Emperor Palpatine, Darth Sidious, Yoda, Darth Nihilus and Darth Vader. Every single one. And good luck beating it you wouldn't even have a chance.

And what you're saying about them not giving the dark side any love and all the best teams are rebels; have you not heard of the Zmaul meta that's only just ending now that's been going on since february? The best teams in the game were all sith teams.
  • holyjoe35
    249 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    i wouldnt know because my entire shard s uc ks. all they use is rebels.

doesn't matter. i hate being competitive. i'm done with arena. i've never come across so much **** in my life.
    Post edited by holyjoe35 on
  • Every single team in arena that could hope to be competitive at all would be made of Emperor Palpatine, Darth Sidious, Yoda, Darth Nihilus and Darth Vader. Every single one. And good luck beating it you wouldn't even have a chance.

General Kenobi and Mace Windu would probably be in with a shout as well tbf.
  • holyjoe35 wrote: »

I completely understand. It's like how a top hat and an iron pass go and collect $200 in monopoly. Completely unrealistic. I only get $200 if my car passes work, and I pay taxes.
  • OP has a point. We all know the game can't be exactly the same as the canon. But facts are facts; some toons are markedly better than others who have no reason to be. Biggs is a nothing character with about two lines of dialogue. Other than getting shot down by Vader, he does nothing. So why is he such a badass in the game? By contrast, General Grievous is a monster in the shows and movies, but sucks in the game. If the toons have to be unbalanced, then at least make the unbalance make sense.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member

If this explanation doesn't make sense to you, than nothing will.

PS: Why is every non-competitive in arena player complains about being crushed at it? And then he says "i couldn't care less about arena" , what a LIE!! If you could compete with us in the top ranks i'm sure you would. But you can't. So you whine.

Play hard and prosper, or just quit already.
  • holyjoe35
    249 posts Member
    OP has a point. We all know the game can't be exactly the same as the canon. But facts are facts; some toons are markedly better than others who have no reason to be. Biggs is a nothing character with about two lines of dialogue. Other than getting shot down by Vader, he does nothing. So why is he such a badass in the game? By contrast, General Grievous is a monster in the shows and movies, but sucks in the game. If the toons have to be unbalanced, then at least make the unbalance make sense.

exactly. i'm not specifically asking for the game to be exact canon. but it could be a lot closer to the star wars universe than it is.
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    Closed at the request of the OP.
This discussion has been closed.